Series S Max players

So in setting up my new game on xbox  I was very excited to play with my two friends however when I set up my world I am unable to set max players higher than two any help would be appreciated 

Which version of Xbox do you have?  In another thread, Jugginator mentioned that the S series is limited to 2 people max while the X series can host up to 4 players (hardware limitations)

the real question is, is why do we have to buy a series x just to be able to host a world with 4 people? why can't series s have that? i get the optimization but that's our fault for trying to host 4 on a bad xbox but c'mon. got no friends on xbox series x and we cant do anything else

how come this wasnt said before we bought it . i play open world servival games with 30 people on server.is this getting fixed quick ,cause as much as i loved the game this is unacceptable and will seak refund

15 minutes ago, Sh4dows said:

the real question is, is why do we have to buy a series x just to be able to host a world with 4 people? why can't series s have that? i get the optimization but that's our fault for trying to host 4 on a bad xbox but c'mon. got no friends on xbox series x and we cant do anything else

Because the Series X is only just barely capable of running the game after heavy optimization, and the Series S has literally a third of the processing power of the X.

36 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Because the Series X is only just barely capable of running the game after heavy optimization, and the Series S has literally a third of the processing power of the X.

And the digs at console begin.  It should be communicated like Baldurs gate 3 local coop restrictions that told you up front you would not get 4 player but 2. 

It's a fair complaint 

Why has the info that series S is limited to 2 players max not been added to the details page before purchase?

At this point it's either lazy or intentional fales advertising. 

Once again a valid complaint followed by a attack on console players. You are making money from us trash systems how about treating us with a little respect, or don't put your game on our system if it can't play as advertised 

Fist add a warning on Xbox purchase page that series S can only have 2 players max today.

Second please find new forum moderators for the console section. When Clare left in 2017 it was left to PC elite who only bash the system. Yes we have not as good hardware, however you chose to sell it on our junk systems. You are making money from us, yet every valid complaint is met with your system is trash and you get what you deserve.

I did not deserve MD5 whipping my base in old version over and over till I gave up. Xbox series S players don't deserve to be attacked for their model not being able to play 4 players when they have no warning.

With storage crates now deleting all loot there will be even more angry posts and at this pace you are burning through the good will console players have.

This game is fun but bugs then attacks on Valid complaints is going to harm this community and in turn your reviews and future sales.

I may sound like a rat bag and get banned but it needs to be said.

Edited by jyd85224 (see edit history)

• jyd85224 changed the title to To the fun pimps developer's
37 minutes ago, jyd85224 said:

Once again a valid complaint followed by a attack on console players.

Where do you see an attack please? The 2 player limit is objectively because of hardware limits. What else could it be?

18 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

It is planned to be increased. Console hardware is a major limiting factor to the features available on the consoles.

Keep up to date on the news, and you will be informed.

Saying it's hardware fault for why it can't have more than 2 players. Nothing in product description page says if you have a series S you only get two player not four. 

Saying keep up to date on news to be informed puts it on the series S player to have to do their own product research before buying it. 

When looking to buy a game most read features listed, look at screen shots or reviews. They do not go to forums and read posts that have info that should be listed under features. 

All it takes is put a * next to 4 player count then at bottom say 2 player max for series S, instead it's "you should have done additional research before buying it"

When you go buy a car they all have a info page tapped to back window with features the car you are looking at has. Legally they can't say AC if the AC is only in better models and not in the junk model you are looking at. If you purchased the car and got mad it has no AC went to talk with the dealership who sold it and they said you should have read the true features on some random web page at best its a complaint to BBB at worst it's a law suit.

Edited by jyd85224 (see edit history)

When trying to play with my brother and friends the sever caps out at two people and can not be raised, this is an serious issue and requires attention.

36 minutes ago, efan said:

When trying to play with my brother and friends the sever caps out at two people and can not be raised, this is an serious issue and requires attention.

PC or Console?

Certain consoles have a 2 player cap due to hardware and others have a 4 player cap.  Once crossplay is enabled in a few months, you'll be able to join servers and those can have more players.

For PC, it all depends on your game settings when you load a game (from 1-8 players).

Ps5 allows 4 players but it can get so laggy it actually makes you motion sick lol. Occasionally crashes too. I would be ok with load screens if it fixed this!

8 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

X-Box Series S only allows 2 players. That´s probably the issue. If not, it´s the settings in the main menu.

My entire household (5) of us have the series s and unless we are missing something it only allows two of us to play together. Hopefully they find a way to resolve that. I would like to think each player/console that joins the session could somehow help host the session or some type of work around around to allow more players when using the series s. It’s crazy cause I believe the Xbox one you could have a total of 3 to 4.

On 7/28/2024 at 5:41 PM, jyd85224 said:

When looking to buy a game most read features listed, look at screen shots or reviews. They do not go to forums and read posts that have info that should be listed under features. 

All it takes is put a * next to 4 player count then at bottom say 2 player max for series S, instead it's "you should have done additional research before buying it"

When you go buy a car they all have a info page tapped to back window with features the car you are looking at has. Legally they can't say AC if the AC is only in better models and not in the junk model you are looking at. If you purchased the car and got mad it has no AC went to talk with the dealership who sold it and they said you should have read the true features on some random web page at best its a complaint to BBB at worst it's a law suit.

I agree to your complaint about the web page missing crucial information, though if it will be only a temporary limitation in the end it could be argued to be not that crucial. Still, not the best way to deal with this. Generally the console pages should include the general information that the game isn't finished yet.

Neither Sylen nor I did say anthing to the contrary. Read his post again:

On 7/27/2024 at 10:53 PM, SylenThunder said:

It is planned to be increased. Console hardware is a major limiting factor to the features available on the consoles.

Keep up to date on the news, and you will be informed.

Sylens "keep up to date..." is not a reproach, he simply tells you that the planned increase will show up in the news, especially the change logs on major updates.