V1.0 b312 EXP (b313 hotfix)

Posted (edited)

Hello Survivors!
Today we have the 1.0 b312 EXP update for you.

How to participate:

1. Right click on the game in steam
  2. Click on properties
  3. Click the “betas” tab
  4. The drop down menu will now have latest_experimental available <— you want THAT
  5. Select that and wait for the game to download

b313 Hotfix:

Fixed

• Client Argument Null Exception on loot bag drop
  • Missing tags on trash piles and rubbish decor preventing silent sneaking form Urban Combat Vol 3 to not work correctly
  • Wrong operation used in requirement for lockpick magazine boost
  • UserIdentifier serialization support
  • Hair Color should not default to green

Here is what changed from b309:

Added
  • Hazmat zombie SFX
  • Inventory UI Audio Grandpa's Special Elixirs
  • Inventory UI Audio Knuckles
  • Inventory UI Audio Wraps
  • Inventory UI Audio Medical Items
  • Set of small POI terrain parts
  • rwg_tile_gateway_straight3a / rwg_tile_gateway_straight3b
  • Scout zombies can now spawn one or two and will be feral or radiated at higher game stages
  • Allow manual line breaks with "\n" in ServerDescription
  • Added a sidewalk part for store_hardware_01 in navezgane
  • The Fun Pimps song while showing credits
  • All languages for new entries and updates
  • New hair colors and fixes
  • Info about allowed characters in serverconfig.xml comment for GameName
  • Inventory UI Audio Drinks

Changed
  • Updated the description of Magnum Enforcer Vol 2 to call out the Enforcer Outfit
  • Updated bicycle slide and bounce sounds
  • Changed ShowQuestClearCount to 3 on base_military_01
  • Increased the HP of player coolers
  • Updated flags, tags, harvest, xp, and max health of Dire Wolves
  • Increased damage, infection, and abrasion settings for meleeHandAnimalDireWolf
  • Updated several entity groups to include Dire Wolves
  • Hordestone now adds more zombies per party member
  • Dire Wolf behaves like a zombie
  • QA issues addressed
  • All loot room chests now use new groupArmorPartsChests with no cloth/leather and chances for 1 to 3 of the other armor crafting parts
  • Removed required held item from harvest challenges
  • Tagged more harvestable props for some harvest challenges
  • Reduced the tracking distance for some harvest challenges
  • Updated tag for lock pick loot boost from Lock Picking perk
  • Forge Ahead magazine loot boost from Lock Picking perk is now capped at level 15 of workstation crafting
  • Updated explosion radius stat displays for grenades and other throwables
  • Harvest Challenge short descriptions to match updated parameters
  • Harvest Rotted Meat Challenge description to match updated parameters
  • Updated descriptions for Hordestone Twitch Game Events
  • Updated salvaging XP stat on Scavenger Hat to prevent any confusion of the XP type
  • Updated localization for dew collector description
  • Iron storage crate texture balance for low light levels
  • Ingame texture balance
  • Updated archetypes.xml with the new hair color swatches
  • Lock Pick perk level 1 no longer has a lockpick loot bonus
  • Lock Pick perk level 2 now gives 1 extra lockpick when found in loot
  • Lock Pick perk level 3 now gives 2 extra lockpicks when found in loot
  • Updated localization for modArmorTreasureHunterDesc to reflect values in xml
  • Armor Plating Mods and Banded Armor Plating Mods can no longer be installed into heavy armor to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues
  • Very small reduction to max Physical and Elemental Damage Resist on heavy armor to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues
  • Reduced Q6 Preacher outfit Undead Damage Resist from 20 to 15% to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues
  • Updated localization for plating mods to reflect installation changes
  • Updated Boomstick perk long descriptions with missing loot bonus verbiage
  • Adjusted weighting of resource cloth to allow proper scraping of items like bandages and duct tape
  • Splints now scrap for cloth instead of wood
  • Moved store_hardware_01 to countrytown, with necessary driveway parts
  • rwg_tile_gateway_straight3 removed broken bridge parts to work with straight3a and straight3b until the imposter issue is solved

Fixed
  • Inventory window is accessible for dropped loot bags that have disappeared
  • Failing Steam Group validation can lock up the login process
  • Navezgane blem in road
  • Soft lock when joining multiplayer game from launch intent and then declining EULA
  • Changing display settings messes with UI sizing
  • Added workarounds and fixes for several POI reset issues
  • Bicycle could play slide sound from forward motion when not sliding
  • Vehicles would often not play slide sound from braking
  • Game crash related to EOS_Achievements_UnlockedAchievement_Release
  • Rolling NRE spam if upgrading block as zombie breaks it
  • base_military_01 infestation chest & missing texture
  • downtown_filler_07 QA issues addressed
  • Fixed the ability to get incomplete quest on base_military_01 from bypassing switches
  • Errant challenge hint for Place Door Challenge
  • Wrong challenge hint for Place Land Claim Challenge
  • Effects Textures do not refresh after quality settings change
  • Hordestones do not respawn correctly
  • Fixed Minifills should now use cylinders and spheres
  • Pressing W to remove an armor piece doesn't update the character
  • Damage from clients does not trigger the hordestone spawning
  • Vehicle, drone and turret placement could duplicate them
  • Light Array exception in chunk generation
  • Equipment Stack calling slot change twice when handling move to preferred location
  • Trader protection was removed for clients without data
  • #rename_signs no longer worked with the new player containers
  • Twitch GameEvent block buffs now give credit for kills correctly
  • Electrical items that contain inventory lose all inventory on breakdown
  • BlockVendingMachine and BlockSleeper were not properly clearing their TileEntity counterparts
  • Consumables exploit using a charged bow
  • the grenade pin reappears in grenade after it has been tossed
  • Chunk Persistence tooltip localization inconsistency
  • Fixed terrain blending with flat ground in rwg_tile_rural_corner_02
  • Fixed terrain density issue on rwg_tile_rural_corner_02
  • Fixed nonclimbable rope in abandoned_house_07
  • store_gun_01 missed trigger volume
  • Formatting on campfire placement challenge
  • Picking up forge leaves behind unit_ resources
  • Conditional evaluation in XUi XMLs
  • ServerDescriptions were escaping BB codes
  • Stuck toolbelt tooltip
  • Unable to filter for XP only death penalty in server browser

Edited by Hated (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Didn't see anything about the sprint toggle being fixed, cause it's broken and always is on regardless of settings. Hopefully it's fixed or will be soon. Has been happening to me since the start of experimental even though I did a complete clean install and deleted everything relative to 7D2D.

"Removed required held item from harvest challenges " Great change there!

Edited by OgreSlayeR (see edit history)

1 minute ago, OgreSlayeR said:

Didn't see anything about the sprint toggle being fixed, cause it's broken and always is on regardless of settings. Hopefully it's fixed or will be soon. Has been happening to me since the start of experimental even though I did a complete clean install and deleted everything relative to 7D2D.

Just to make sure this isn't a matter of confusion...

The settings only apply to keeping sprint lock enabled when stopping if you have it enabled before stopping.  It doesn't prevent you from toggling sprint lock in the game.  When disabled, sprint lock should turn off when you stop but you can still turn on sprint lock while moving.

Nice changes to see. Hopefully some alterations or reversions to controller support are provided as options by the time stable comes about. It’s a great update and I’d hate to have to skip out on the console release due to the wonky controls currently in place for 1.0

are the pimps going to be removing the clothing mods, that used to adjust for temperature that are redundant now? couldn't help but notice only time now weather conditions show up is when not wearing clothes which the mods for clothing don't help as nothing to put them on lol. It seems you guys forgot about those, didn't think about them for new armor sets, or broke the overheating and cold mechanics.

We need the controller cursor back or an option to activate it. A21 was fine! Imagine removing the mouse option when moving in the inventory... that is how we feel! It is the worst move i've seen in 10000 hours of gameplay. I'm not buying a console version without it, I need my mouse a 1/4 of the time and no i'm not switching to keyboard and mouse. I love to relax with my controller and now the cursor goes all over the place. 

i was kicked from server in the middle of hordenight for the update

no changes in game mechanics (zombies block destroy is 80% lower)...the horder night is so boring lol..i hope they balance it in the nxt update

42 minutes ago, almighty_hood said:

are the pimps going to be removing the clothing mods, that used to adjust for temperature that are redundant now? couldn't help but notice only time now weather conditions show up is when not wearing clothes which the mods for clothing don't help as nothing to put them on lol. It seems you guys forgot about those, didn't think about them for new armor sets, or broke the overheating and cold mechanics.

Those will probably be useful again when they do the weather update.  They probably just decided to leave them in rather than updating all of the loot tables only to have to add them back to the loot tables later.  They can always be sold for money.

26 minutes ago, Rizzano said:

For servers do we need a new map?

My guess from the patch notes is that you could get by without a new map, but the improvements to some of the POI and tiles won't be there without at least a new save or possibly resetting chunks.

on servers people are stealing water mods as they cant be locked and with mods in water collectors people cant make community water farms because mods can be stolen so water farms for new players cant be made anymore

I hope a revisit to the lockpicking mechanic is on the roadmap. The locked quest reward chests were added when loot rooms were much more accessible--frequently just behind a few wood blocks. Now that many of the POIs have been reworked the need for locked quest chests seems less necessary.

It looks like the conditional for setting loot probability to 0 for lockpicking is incorrect. The operation should likely be greater than instead of less then. As it is know it looks like lockpicking is unlikely to give any bonus to forge ahead books as both the percent add and the base set operations are set to trigger when crafting skill level is less than 15.

1 hour ago, Hated said:

• Hordestone now adds more zombies per party member
  • Updated descriptions for Hordestone Twitch Game Events
  • Hordestones do not respawn correctly
  • Damage from clients does not trigger the hordestone spawning

What is a Hordestone? Is it just a Twitch thing?

1 hour ago, OgreSlayeR said:

for me if i tap on Shift it runs if you hold it runs until you let go it worked for me with the First Experimental Build

• Forge Ahead magazine loot boost from Lock Picking perk is now capped at level 15 of workstation crafting

Whoever told themselves this was a good change should have gone and slept on it. Now, if you don't take advanced engineering after 15 magazines you're stuck with RNG progression - again.

Thanks for the great hard work guys. Best devs ever!

I have two requests though, please bring back quest progress when in multiplayer. When I complete a quest that someone else owns, I would also like to progress.

Also, can you fix jumping onto ladders please? If we don't let go of the spacebar, the character doesn't grab onto the ladder. Great way to die during horde night. 

Many thanks!

DOH!  I left "Latest Experimental" select and the game auto upgraded from b309 to b312.  Now I'm having issues with the world on my server.  I am having issues interacting (E) with some objects such as crates, traders, workstations but works fine on some objects.

I don't see any option to choose b309 from the beta list, so I guess I'm stuck at that version on my client.  Any idea if there is a way to upgrade a server-based world to the same b312 version?

I think out right removing armour mods on heavy armour is a but much. Im not a coder so would it be possible at all to fix the stacking issues? I think this is going to be a massive nerf for heavy armour builds.