Who's Jacked?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I'm still here but I have since moved on to pc. I sold my PS4 disc version a few years ago when I made the jump to pc. 

I'm super stoked it's coming to new generation consoles although I have yet to get one. 

This awesome game deserves to be enjoyed by all. Can't wait for its release!!

14 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Oh I'm still here but I have since moved on to pc. I sold my PS4 disc version a few years ago when I made the jump to pc. 

I'm super stoked it's coming to new generation consoles although I have yet to get one. 

This awesome game deserves to be enjoyed by all. Can't wait for its release!!

There goes the neighborhood lol.... I'm still here but console forums went dead a long time ago lol. Understandable but still. Only have 3 console friends that not upgraded to pc yet lol so they are hyped and with crossplay I don't gotta get a ps5 to play with them lol. 

4 hours ago, crazywildfire said:

There goes the neighborhood lol.... I'm still here but console forums went dead a long time ago lol. Understandable but still. Only have 3 console friends that not upgraded to pc yet lol so they are hyped and with crossplay I don't gotta get a ps5 to play with them lol. 

So I assume they have the series S or X Xbox? I don't think PlayStation does cross play or I could be mistaken. 

My console playing has taken a deep dive and I never really did get much into online play. Not paying an extra fee just to play online, that's such a jip!! 

3 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

So I assume they have the series S or X Xbox?

AFAIK the new title will only be available on Xbox Series X or PS5. The older consoles do not have the hardware to support it. Series S is just a "pro" version of the XB1 with more RAM and not much else.

6 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

So I assume they have the series S or X Xbox? I don't think PlayStation does cross play or I could be mistaken. 

My console playing has taken a deep dive and I never really did get much into online play. Not paying an extra fee just to play online, that's such a jip!! 

I wasn't talking about older version. I said I don't gotta go buy a PS5 to play with them.

They have a PS5... Playstation 100% does crossplay on a few games. Based on the info given it is unclear ( unless I missed something and it changed) if it will be ready for crossplay on day 1 of release. But apparently they already got the green light for cross play for when it is ready. But that the way I have been reading into it. Maybe I read it wrong. 

Real fast one quick example... SoT and Grounded are coming to PS5 next month. Both of those will be crossplay. Several other games are as well. Just giving a quick example real fast. 

Edited by crazywildfire (see edit history)

On 3/18/2024 at 7:17 AM, SylenThunder said:

AFAIK the new title will only be available on Xbox Series X or PS5. The older consoles do not have the hardware to support it. Series S is just a "pro" version of the XB1 with more RAM and not much else.

Say it is not so. I thought the Series S was a stripped down Series X. Though I have waited to get the new gen until 7Days, I was leaning towards the S due to price point.

3 hours ago, posineg said:

Say it is not so. I thought the Series S was a stripped down Series X. Though I have waited to get the new gen until 7Days, I was leaning towards the S due to price point.

Nope. It literally has like a third of the processing power that the Series X has.

28 minutes ago, crazywildfire said:

This was posted not long ago. It says X and S.

And it explains why they have had to move worlds in orders of optimization if they are trying to get it to run on the S. 

Remember that 7 Days is CPU-bound and relies a lot on the processor.  Now look at the difference in specs.
Compare Xbox Series X vs Xbox Series S Consoles | Xbox

9 hours ago, Jugginator said:

About 75% of Xbox owners have the S, so it is kind of a large audience that would miss out on it.

If it was only about market share, 99% of xbox owners and everyone else has a phone, so just put 7 days on phones instead. The problem is still how to get a very demanding game on a very lightweight machine without sacrificing too much of the game or making it unplayably slow. CD Projekt Red surely could tell some interesting stories about this topic 😉

12 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

And it explains why they have had to move worlds in orders of optimization if they are trying to get it to run on the S. 

Remember that 7 Days is CPU-bound and relies a lot on the processor.  Now look at the difference in specs.
Compare Xbox Series X vs Xbox Series S Consoles | Xbox

I'm not disagreeing with you... was just sayin they are ones saying it with it being on S. So if it isn't going to be then can't blame people thinking it is going to be. 

On 3/18/2024 at 4:02 AM, Outlaw_187 said:

So the answer was given during pax east. On day one of release it will not be crossplay.... I mean they said this before as well but I think my confusion was that it was said they got the green light to do crossplay. So wasn't sure if that was meaning it changed or not. Anyway but they said it will not be ready on release day. 

2 hours ago, crazywildfire said:

So the answer was given during pax east. On day one of release it will not be crossplay.... I mean they said this before as well but I think my confusion was that it was said they got the green light to do crossplay. So wasn't sure if that was meaning it changed or not. Anyway but they said it will not be ready on release day. 

To my knowledge they were hoping to get crossplay, but nothing specific beyond that had been announced.

Last I had heard was that it would not be crossplay at release, but would be later or when the game is finished. I did not see PAX, so my information is not related to whatever statement was made there.  Happen to have a direct quote or video?

3 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

To my knowledge they were hoping to get crossplay, but nothing specific beyond that had been announced.

Last I had heard was that it would not be crossplay at release, but would be later or when the game is finished. I did not see PAX, so my information is not related to whatever statement was made there.  Happen to have a direct quote or video?

Idk remember. It was asked yesterday stream and he said it will not be crossplay on release date.

My comment about the confusion part was from a bit ago that someone asked on the forums. Roland replied saying they had the green light to do it... but he didn't say it was green light on release.... someone was just saying about sony and Microsoft have to approve crossplay and his replied was it was green light for it. 

Back on A21 dev stream the pimps mentioned cross play but they didn't think it would be on release. They  said release it would be like the old version with like 4 players to start. That later would be crossplay with PC or something..... when Roland said it was green light I was more or less curious if it changed to being crossplay day one.... after yesterday pax east stream the question was asked and answered so it has been confirmed it will not be on release date.

I don't remember the time stamp but I would say between 1 hour and 40 min into the vod and 3 hours and 30 minutes. Somewhere between that of DollishDes stream. I think Alen ( name and spelling might be wrong on his name apologies) said it.

Edit: if I can catch her live today I'll ask the question if they have a somewhat ETA for crossplay and see what the response is. If they can answer that is. 

Edit again: asked and the answer is they have no ETA at the moment. 

Great info guys. Anyway, still great to see it's coming back to consoles. I loved the PS4 version, it was my 1st dip into 7 Days. 

I'm gonna stick with the PC version but nice to know if I get a PS5, I'll have that as an option as well!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 4:04 AM, meganoth said:

If it was only about market share, 99% of xbox owners and everyone else has a phone, so just put 7 days on phones instead. The problem is still how to get a very demanding game on a very lightweight machine without sacrificing too much of the game or making it unplayably slow. CD Projekt Red surely could tell some interesting stories about this topic 😉

As I said before, thread the living *profanity* out of the game, I see no other way of making it work. Slicing technique is not a good way of optimization if you end up slicing too big portion of them anyways....