Adding of a sitting/laying mechanic

Mike3223cz

Dunno where to ask, or to suggest, so I am doing it here...

Id like to ask if there will ever be something like the ability to sit, let's say, you have a nice, cozy couch, theres a campfire infront of you, wouldn't you want to relax? Or a chair... Or a bed... Am just asking/suggesting the addition of the mechanic... Dunno if it was asked before... But eh... Or if there is atleast a mod for the version 21...

1 hour ago, ElCabong said:

That would be a good idea. I've often wanted to do something like that during a rainstorm.

I'd also like to see a sleep mechanic that would heal your hip points and get you through the night quick. You also need something to keep Z from attacking you at night

Because the game is still a multiplayer game even if you are in single player, there is not likely to ever be something that speeds up time while you "sleep".  That doesn't mean there can't be the ability to sit down or lie down.  Those would be nice to have.

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

Because the game is still a multiplayer game even if you are in single player, there is not likely to ever be something that speeds up time while you "sleep".  That doesn't mean there can't be the ability to sit down or lie down.  Those would be nice to have.

I believe there is MOD that has a sleep mechanic.

11 hours ago, ElCabong said:

That would be a good idea. I've often wanted to do something like that during a rainstorm.

I'd also like to see a sleep mechanic that would heal your hip points and get you through the night quick. You also need something to keep Z from attacking you at night

They used to have a mechanism where the nights could pass at a much faster rate than the daytime... but it was always buggy.  Don't remember why it was taken out specifically but not many missed it after it was gone.

15 hours ago, Gamida said:

Have seen a mod over the years that allowed players to sit. I think they used the animation for when you are sitting in vehicle. Have seen it in a while though so not sure if it is still out there.

There is a mod that let´s you build furniture based on a vehicle model so you can sit down then. Used it in A19, forgot the name and now have no clue if it´s updated for A21.

On 12/22/2023 at 7:02 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

There is a mod that let´s you build furniture based on a vehicle model so you can sit down then. Used it in A19, forgot the name and now have no clue if it´s updated for A21.

That would be the H7SB Seats mod by Eihwaz. I used it in A19 as well, and it looks like there's a version for A20 but haven't seen one for A21. They also did a mod where players had to sleep periodically, though I never used it.

17 hours ago, FramFramson said:

Yes, but it only works for single-player.

Yeah, that is the thing people forget.  This game has multiple players and you can speed up time for only one of them at a time.  You either don't speed anything up or else you speed it up for everyone.  In a game like this, speeding it up for everyone really isn't an option.  For single player, you can use a mod since it only affects you.

If you want a sleep mechanic in vanilla, it would not be able to speed things up or skip ahead to day.  It could have some kind of rest mechanic that gives you increased stamina or something after sleeping but the real time that passes while sleeping would be the same as if you didn't sleep.

The only other option would be requiring all players to sleep between certain times and automatically enforce that regardless what they are in the middle of doing.  That doesn't sound like something anyone would want, except perhaps some hardcore RPG players.

This is separate from a sitting or laying mechanic/animation, though.  Those can be added without any real issue.  And I would support those getting added to vanilla.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

This is separate from a sitting or laying mechanic/animation, though.  Those can be added without any real issue.  And I would support those getting added to vanilla.

Oh I agree. I don't think 7D would benefit all that much from a sleep mechanic. Players would just change the length of the day and then not venture out at night as much.