So many cooking books after latest update?

SenLim

My savegame was A21.1 and now A21.2. Ever since it feels like I get "home cooking weekly" almost all the time from cupboard.

One time, from one kitchen with about 10 cupboards, I opened and got six of this book.

I have maxed this book days ago (now day 82). Is it mods I have or are you guys having same experience?

I've noticed this as well.  Not necessarily that there are more cookbooks, but I keep finding them in cupboards despite having maxed out cooking skill, when it used to be I'd only find them in food piles when my cooking skill was maxed.  I sold like 60 of them to the trader a day or so ago.

9 minutes ago, Vaeliorin said:

I've noticed this as well.  Not necessarily that there are more cookbooks, but I keep finding them in cupboards despite having maxed out cooking skill, when it used to be I'd only find them in food piles when my cooking skill was maxed.  I sold like 60 of them to the trader a day or so ago.

They changed it in the recent patch so you could keep getting magazines after making the perk.

I do seem to see more cooking magazines than in the past, though.  But I also just did a nest run and looted probably 30 nests and only 1 didn't have at least one egg, which isn't normal for me either, so I think my luck in this game is just better than normal.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's RNG or what, but I started a new game then opened 6 cupboards. This time I got no cooking books.

I feel like cooking books get more chance with something (higher loot? lvl?).

I mean how is it like this:

Before (max level): 1 kitchen yielded 6 cooking books.
Now: 1 kitchen yielded 0.
Must be RNG then?

• 2 weeks later...

I admit it needs more tweaking with the magazine stuff.  But you can also sell the extra magazines if you play on a multiplayer server to other players or give them out to new players ?

On 12/6/2023 at 6:54 PM, Riamus said:

They changed it in the recent patch so you could keep getting magazines after making the perk.

I do seem to see more cooking magazines than in the past, though.  But I also just did a nest run and looted probably 30 nests and only 1 didn't have at least one egg, which isn't normal for me either, so I think my luck in this game is just better than normal.

Yes, if you check the patch notes, they specifically want people to still be able to find maxed-out magazines. Presumably so you can still pass them along in multiplayer, but I suppose it also preserves variety in loot.