DEVELOPERS!!! ITS VERY IMPORTANT

eganonstwr

Please remove that quests at game start, its such a pain in the ass, just make a note with tips and give us the skill points after reading the note, dont be lazy. That start missions are nonsense, everybody knows how to play its for braindead. I know there are tweaks i can do to avoid that but i dont want to mod the game, i want it to be natural, please take this @%$# under consideration.

17 hours ago, eganonstwr said:

Please remove that quests at game start, its such a pain in the ass, just make a note with tips and give us the skill points after reading the note, dont be lazy. That start missions are nonsense, everybody knows how to play its for braindead. I know there are tweaks i can do to avoid that but i dont want to mod the game, i want it to be natural, please take this @%$# under consideration.

The irony of "Don't be lazy".  I just dismiss the quest mate.  If a player  wants the "4 free skill points" it costs a player the three minutes real time to finish it.

18 hours ago, RStarphoenix said:

As an experienced player, if you don't want the starter quest, you can simply delete it as soon as your game starts - it has always been an option as long as I've played it. No mods required.. It also removes your ability to see the first trader as a bonus.

The thing is, he wants the free 4 skill points at the start of the game, he just doesn't want to do the minimum effort in obtaining those free points.

Try this, it replaces the first quest with a new one that all you have to do is punch one grass and you earn 4 perk points and it points you to the nearest trader.

<remove xpath="//quest[@id='quest_BasicSurvival1']"/>
    <insertBefore xpath="//quest[@id='quest_BasicSurvival2']">    
        <quest id="quest_BasicSurvival1">
            <property name="group_name_key" value="quest_BasicSurvival"/>
            <property name="name_key" value="quest_BasicSurvival1"/>
            <property name="subtitle_key" value="quest_BasicSurvival1_subtitle"/>
            <property name="description_key" value="quest_BasicSurvival1_description"/>
            <property name="icon" value="ui_game_symbol_map_bed"/>
            <property name="category_key" value="quest"/>
            <property name="difficulty" value="veryeasy"/>
            <property name="offer_key" value="quest_BasicSurvival_offer"/>
            <property name="shareable" value="false"/>

<objective type="FetchKeep" id="resourceYuccaFibers" value="1" phase="1"/>

<reward type="SkillPoints" value="4"/>
            <reward type="Quest" id="quest_whiteRiverCitizen1"/>
        </quest>
    </insertBefore>

I know that when something is free it is painful to have to pay but the first four skillpoints are the cheapest and most easily earned skillpoints in the entire game. Just cancel the starter quest, strike out in a random direction, and find the trader eventually. It is so much more fun that way than getting 4 skillpoints for free and a tracking beacon to the cash cow.