Jeffelon Zuckergate Estate

zombiehunter

So I've done this POI twice now on clear missions and both times I can't find the last Zs I need to clear.  I run through the property 3 or 4 times and nothing.  There is no gold (or red) circle on the map or in my compass to point me towards the last zombies.  Has anyone else experienced this same thing?  Is there some hidden room or something I'm not finding?  It's frustrating to not be able to finish the POI and lose out on the rewards.

15 hours ago, zombiehunter said:

LOL.  Right after I make my post I find it.  There is a switch in the backyard near the tent back there that needs to be turned on.  Some Zs come down from the roof, including two vultures.  I won't forget this one!

Thank you for pointing out the solution.  I've yet to come across a quest for this one but I know someone who couldn't figure it out.  This is probably the reason and will be really helpful to know.

This is yet another reason why these triggers just to get zombies to appear are a horrible design.  You should not have to find every hidden trigger in order to clear out zombies.  This isn't a puzzle game where hidden triggers make sense.  This is a game where zombies want to eat you and they should come after you no matter how you get near them.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

18 hours ago, zombiehunter said:

LOL.  Right after I make my post I find it.  There is a switch in the backyard near the tent back there that needs to be turned on.  Some Zs come down from the roof, including two vultures.  I won't forget this one!

We made this our crafting base in a co-op playthrough. Really cool POI and fairly easy to protect since the Zombies tend to come in through the drainage pipe. Installed a dart trap and easy peasy. It has what, three pools for water, a large yard for farming and it's all surrounded by a 7ft concrete wall.  

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

This isn't a puzzle game where hidden triggers make sense.

It hasn't been in the past but it isn't finished so we can expect that what it is and what it will be may turn out to be different than what it has been. There are those who would say this game is not and should not be a game about fighting bandits or trading with NPCs or gaining/losing reputation with two boss characters and that it should just be a game about being the lone survivor in a world of zombies just like it used to be.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

It hasn't been in the past but it isn't finished so we can expect that what it is and what it will be may turn out to be different than what it has been. There are those who would say this game is not and should not be a game about fighting bandits or trading with NPCs or gaining/losing reputation with two boss characters and that it should just be a game about being the lone survivor in a world of zombies just like it used to be.

There's a difference between what makes sense in the game, though.  Fighting bandits, though I don't think I'm going to like that, makes sense in the game.  Trading makes sense.  Having factions make sense.  They all fit the game.  But hidden triggers for zombies to spawn?  If you can show how it makes sense for zombies to be there but not see or attack you and for you to not see or be able to find them even if you completely destroy the area until you press a button somewhere, I might agree with you.  But I doubt you can do so.  A zombie will attack you as soon as they are aware of you.  That's how the game works and what makes sense in the game.  Having triggers that make it so they won't appear and attack you unless you press a button doesn't fit with the game.  I get that they are trying something new to make POI different or interesting or whatever, but as soon as any game strays from what makes sense for that game, it starts to fail.  Things don't have to be realistic but they need to be realistic for the game.  They need to make sense in game terms.  A puzzle game where you have to solve puzzles to open up secret and hidden areas and such makes sense to have hidden triggers for those things.  A game where zombies want to eat you does not make sense for them to essentially ignore you until you press a button.

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

A puzzle game where you have to solve puzzles to open up secret and hidden areas and such makes sense to have hidden triggers for those things.

I'd be pretty baffled at a puzzle game that has the type of invisible triggers 7dtd has atm; keys doing weird things, ok fine. Walking on an actually invisible pixel to trigger a seemingly unrelated event (spawn of zeds, opening of mysterious doors)... puzzle games need to have logic, even more than zedblaster here. :)

13 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I'd be pretty baffled at a puzzle game that has the type of invisible triggers 7dtd has atm; keys doing weird things, ok fine. Walking on an actually invisible pixel to trigger a seemingly unrelated event (spawn of zeds, opening of mysterious doors)... puzzle games need to have logic, even more than zedblaster here. :)

Sounds allot like old school Doom "puzzles", though all of those had visible trigger points.

1 hour ago, theFlu said:

Well, yeah... some of the triggers wouldn't normally fit in a puzzle game either.  ;)

13 hours ago, Roland said:

...this game is not and should not be a game about fighting bandits or trading with NPCs or gaining/losing reputation with two boss characters and that it should just be a game about being the lone survivor in a world of zombies just like it used to be.

Damn straight!