(A21) BFT2020 Mods

BFT2020

So against my better judgement, releasing any of the mods I am working on that I use to play 7D2D.  Not really a theme, though they are the BFT2020 experience  😏

Note, all mods will have a readme file to download and one included in the zipped file.  This lists the various changes (but maybe not all of them) that the mod will do.  In addition, I put some helpful comments in each xml file so you can quickly find the section of my mod that makes the changes if you want to tweak it towards your preferences.

These are all still a work in progress as I started it back in A20 and was making changes all the way to A21.  Will be seeing how the changes to A21 affect them and if I need to make any adjustments.

NOTE:  If the mod mentions custom assets (POIs, models, icons, etc), then it needs to be installed on both server and client machines in MP games.

Trader Mod

https://github.com/BFT2020/A21Traders.git

Removes quest rewards and some overall tweaks to the trader system.  Has custom trader POIs that are not required - they have custom vending machines in order to have different settings - deleting the POI files will cause the vending machines to revert back to the vanilla trader groups.

Crafting Mod - Future content

https://github.com/BFT2020/A21MCGA.git

Removes quality items from quest rewards, limits traders to Q2 or less (except for Solar Cells), and adds broken items as loot drops up to T4 POIs.  T5 POIs have chance to drop Q6 gear.

https://github.com/BFT2020/BFT2020_Q6Crafting.git

Adds Q6 crafting to the game and removes perk book / schematics unlocks for most items (now in crafting trees) - exceptions - clothing, cigars, and crafting cloth from fibers are still perk book unlocks.  Also adds the ability to craft solar cells and solar banks.

Food and Drink Mod - Future content

Vehicle Mod - Future content

Items mod -  Future content

Quests / Challenges Mod - Future content

Anything else I am forgetting  😏

https://github.com/BFT2020/A21NoTutorialQuests.git

Removes the starting quests but still get the 4 free points.  Also keeps the Find trader quest

https://github.com/BFT2020/A21IzayoProgFix.git

Quick little mod to assist Izayo with his awesome weapon mods - Fixes the issue with crafting display for 9mm, shotgun, and 556 weapon packs - Install one or more depending on which of Izayo's mods you have installed.  Note I cannot guarantee that this works with save games - use at your own risk

Edited by BFT2020
Added fix for Izayo's weapon mods (see edit history)

22 hours ago, rautamiekka said:

Client ? Server ? Both ?

Trader mod can be either.  If you want the traders to have a unique vending machine setup, they need to be installed on both server and client as it has custom POIs (modified blocks for traders).  However, you can also just delete the POIs on it and the mod will still run fine

There needs to be a rule that a topic must mention if it´s serverside only or needs to be client aswell. Same goes for any modsite as 7daystodiemods etc.

Anyways, what i acutally want to know is how did you deal with the waterfilter? Did you change the price? The mod sounds interesting, but if the price for the filter is the same and there is no quest rewards (assuming you also removed the dukes as a reward), this would be a bit harsh in MP Coop.

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

There needs to be a rule that a topic must mention if it´s serverside only or needs to be client aswell. Same goes for any modsite as 7daystodiemods etc.

Anyways, what i acutally want to know is how did you deal with the waterfilter? Did you change the price? The mod sounds interesting, but if the price for the filter is the same and there is no quest rewards (assuming you also removed the dukes as a reward), this would be a bit harsh in MP Coop.

The trader mod can be either depending on if you want to use the Custom POIs.  If you delete them, it is server side only.  If you keep them, it is required on all machines.

Nothing was done to the price of the water filter.  However, you do get a flat 10% increase in Dukes for completing the missions.  All of this is noted in the readme file that I included so people can read it first to see if this mod seems like something they want to try...........

Note, this is not balanced for MP as I don't play (and don't intend to play) MP.  The only balancing is done towards my SP games, and this is also balanced against the other mods I am working on towards updating for A21.  If you find it difficult in vanilla, then these mods will not be for you.

I am working on my crafting mod next since I figured out how to get the display properties to work properly with my changes.  That introduces Q6 crafting along with some other changes to the schematics and perk book recipe unlocks.

Sounds good. And i didn´t aim that particulary to you with the serverside things, literally nobody does that besides most overhauls were it´s pretty clear anyways. It would just be a QoL for people who are using mods. It´s a time issue if i have to test if i need it clientside aswell as serverside myself everytime i find a new one to test.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Sounds good. And i didn´t aim that particulary to you with the serverside things, literally nobody does that besides most overhauls were it´s pretty clear anyways. It would just be a QoL for people who are using mods. It´s a time issue if i have to test if i need it clientside aswell as serverside myself everytime i find a new one to test.

No biggie, I did add a note in the original post explaining when mods need to be installed on all machines.

TBH - the custom POIs was a last minute idea I had while I was working on the mod (A20 version didn't have them) and everything prior to releasing it has been XML edits only.  So while I did explain the custom POIs both in the post and readme file, I didn't explain the significance as to why I am pointing that out.

Note, you might like the crafting mod I am working on right now based on some issues you have with the base game (from your comments I have read).  Since my items mod removes the ability to repair items, I made adjustments in the crafting side to counter-balance that out (so it wasn't too severe of a penalty).  So I added Q6 crafting, changed some of the recipes (including explosive arrows).  I also been thinking about adding optional code a player can activate (by removing the comments section) to increase where they can get crafting magazines from.

5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Couldn't agree more, makes you wonder why it ain't a thing already. Same for mentioning the game versions. Since the tags already exist, those would be the best if they were shown by default.

Edited by rautamiekka (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Rotor said:

Quick question.  Do you get more dukes even if you dont do quests?  Just selling stuph?  Thanks.

No I kept that the same.  Selling items is the same, along with buying any item that doesn't have a quality level.  Anything that has a quality level has seen a buff in costs though.

23 hours ago, rautamiekka said:

Couldn't agree more, makes you wonder why it ain't a thing already. Same for mentioning the game versions. Since the tags already exist, those would be the best if they were shown by default.

Probably because until you mentioned tags, I never saw them in the upper left corner.  Once you mentioned them, I looked and then looked through the options available.

I'm on day 5 using the crafting mod and so far it is pretty cool. I haven't found any intact weapons or armor or tools in loot. I've had to craft everything myself. I haven't found any broken tier two or tier three items that I can try scrapping for parts yet. Everything is still primitive stuff that scraps to resources.

On 12/9/2023 at 10:58 PM, Roland said:

I'm on day 5 using the crafting mod and so far it is pretty cool. I haven't found any intact weapons or armor or tools in loot. I've had to craft everything myself. I haven't found any broken tier two or tier three items that I can try scrapping for parts yet. Everything is still primitive stuff that scraps to resources.

Thanks for the feedback.

Let me know if you see any issues with the traders offering too good of loot.  I didn't adjust the trader tables, but they should only offer Q1 or Q2 gear which I thought was enough of a trader debuff (along with removing quality gear being offered as a reward).

4 hours ago, Roland said:

Will do though I’m thinking of using your trader mod anyway. I’ll hold off for now so I can see how the trader rewards are working  

FYI, I just verified that there are no conflicts with both of those mods on the same game.

On 1/14/2024 at 5:47 AM, BFT2020 said:

Added another crafting mod - Q6, removed perk book and schematic unlocks for most crafting recipes, and some other things I did regarding crafting I probably forgot to write down at the time.

Hi! There is a bug when the trader offers a book as a quest reward. When I remove Q6 mod - the bug is also gone.
ALSO wanted to ask: what is the purpose of the broken items? How can I repair them?

4 hours ago, Ruderatus said:

Hi! There is a bug when the trader offers a book as a quest reward. When I remove Q6 mod - the bug is also gone.
ALSO wanted to ask: what is the purpose of the broken items? How can I repair them?

Ah, thanks for letting me know.  I will get that bug addressed and push an update out (hopefully later today).  I removed the perk books from the loot list and trader inventories, but forgot to remove them from the quest rewards (since I play with trader rewards removed).

Broken items in the mod I have today are simply to scrap into parts.  This was a request from some people on the forums.  Eventually I will update it where it will work with my no repair playstyle and give the ability to repair them into lesser quality weapons if you don't have enough parts to craft a brand new weapon.

7 hours ago, Ruderatus said:

I uploaded a new version (V2) that should remove this bug.  If you see something else, let me know.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, lordneg said:

@BFT2020 Is there a way to make the broken items repairable? they would then be tier one usable? or make it so you only find tier one items? thanks a lot :)

I am working on that in my main mod but I think I can pull it from it and release it as a modlet….though I limited repaired items to only Q3 max

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

I am working on that in my main mod but I think I can pull it from it and release it as a modlet….though I limited repaired items to only Q3 max

That would be awesome. I am trying to make it so you can still find weapons, but weapons that are tier2 and above you have to make those. I have found a combiner mod that lets you put two tier weapons' and make one next tier.  I also have a mod the degrades on weapon repair down one tier. thanks so much for making mods :)