Animal tracker and Master chef improvement

For4ger

I wish bird eggs in loot was upped in general, I basically never cook bacon n eggs anymore as I just don't got enough eggs to do so. In most games looting every single birds nest I see on basic loot (100% loot) I may have 14-16 eggs by day 7/8.

30 minutes ago, Scyris said:

I wish bird eggs in loot was upped in general, I basically never cook bacon n eggs anymore as I just don't got enough eggs to do so. In most games looting every single birds nest I see on basic loot (100% loot) I may have 14-16 eggs by day 7/8.

Agreed. I also think the same should be applied to can of peas. I think too many recipes rely on peas as an key ingredient, and they are always in shortage. 

Hmm... I'm drowning in eggs. This might be just me, as:

a) I skip the bicycle. Running around is nearly as fast (padded armor and whatever mobility boost I can get) and every run anywhere produces a couple eggs and a few other random loot.

b) I don't really make bacon and eggs.. it gives a 20% increase to the food stat on the ingredients, but I have so much "bacon" that 20% makes no difference. Drop a steak stack on toolbar, munch away while running around.

Saving the eggs for blueberry pies, which is mostly made of "pointless to eat otherwise" ingredients. Mostly limited by being too lazy to farm the bloobs.

I would love to see some higher tier recepies that req no can food, only plants and eggs. Its more logical that sole survivors of post apocalyplse would develop perfect food from crops, nor relying on resource that may disapear from containers.

6 minutes ago, Archael said:

Its more logical that sole survivors of post apocalyplse would develop perfect food from crops, nor relying on resource that may disapear from containers.

TFP: But, but, then you wouldn't have to LOOT!

13 minutes ago, Archael said:

I would love to see some higher tier recepies that req no can food, only plants and eggs. Its more logical that sole survivors of post apocalyplse would develop perfect food from crops, nor relying on resource that may disapear from containers.

I did that, via a mod I created ( @theFlu will like that  😉 ), though the higher tier ones required meat from the more dangerous animals in the game.  Cans were limited to lower quality meals.  Same thing with meat from rabbits, snakes, coyotes, chickens, deer.  You could slaughter as many rabbits as you could, but not be able to use it for higher tier recipes.  Trying to increase the risk vs reward in the food area of the game.  Food is still way too plentiful in SP so still trying to tweak that.

8 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I did that, via a mod I created ( @theFlu will like that  😉 ),

I .. do. Off topic, so brief:

"I'd like to propose a change to current game" replied with "I just made a mod for that very thing, myself"

is a whole different beast to:

"I think the balance might be off between X and Y" replied with "Just pretend like X doesn't exist, which will make Y fine"

I'm not sure why anyone would have trouble with eggs.  Nests are everywhere and you can now get up to 4 eggs from a single nest at 100% loot abundance and very often 2.  I think I see at least one egg in more than half the nests I loot (I haven't tracked this so I may be off but it seems that way).  I end up with more eggs than I'll cook after only 2-3 days because I'll upgrade from bacon and eggs as soon as there is something better.  And I don't go out looting a ton of nests.  I'll grab them as I pass them for a few days and then rarely touch them again.