What is "Infested Clear" quest?

SenLim

Dunno about die-respawn, but it's pretty much Tx-1 POI with more zombies with higher gamestage). So T2 Infested Clear will happen in T1 POI, T3 IC will be in T2 POI and so on. When it comes to rewards, you get an additional chest in the treasure room and you should get a better reward. 

2 hours ago, SenLim said:

I read that it's harder quest (tier +1) but you can die->respawn and continue the quest? (also better loot maybe?)

If you die, you fail the quest, but you can still go back to the POI and loot the special infested chest in the loot room as it will still be there.

20 minutes ago, jetZeds said:

These are great for more ammo supplies

Except when you spend more ammo than the ammo you get as reward.

Damn, rad bikers and rad soldier, those are serious bullet sponges!

I couldn't understand the point of doing these. Uses more ammo than it gives back in cache, and reward from trader seems to be the same as the other quests. I could have it wrong but that's my experience.

Regular quests of the same tier seem about a third as difficult as these imo for a bag full of ammo at the end and same trader reward.

11 minutes ago, Catt said:

I couldn't understand the point of doing these. Uses more ammo than it gives back in cache,

I do them for fun, the world is too empty already. The ammo is pretty on par, IMO (on my warrior difficulty at least). I use a lot of melee and some boombooms, so I don't really burn thru all that much ammo clearing up to T5:s. For T6:s I usually go gun-ho, just for the arcade, so losing on ammo is to be excepted. Bothering with tactical play, I think I'd still come out ahead in a T6; and the extra weaponry in the end box is also worth something.

35 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I do them for fun, the world is too empty already. The ammo is pretty on par, IMO (on my warrior difficulty at least). I use a lot of melee and some boombooms, so I don't really burn thru all that much ammo clearing up to T5:s. For T6:s I usually go gun-ho, just for the arcade, so losing on ammo is to be excepted. Bothering with tactical play, I think I'd still come out ahead in a T6; and the extra weaponry in the end box is also worth something.

They have been fairly fun, the few I've done. Had to switch up my tactics. Bringing pipe bombs and premade concrete blocks might help me a lot, too!

Honestly, I don't see the point of doing anything other than infested clears (T5 and lower) at this point.  Tons of free ammo (I basically don't use guns outside horde night), more xp from more zombies, and way shorter quests than actually doing T5s. 

I don't bother with the T6s.  Did one once, wasn't worth the time.

Doing only T6 currently, having a lot of fun, but it requires a good build. Fort+Str with brawling for finishing last of mobs, Auto Shotgun as primary gun and M60 as shiet storm backup. I have a lot of surplus shotgun ammo, so after each run I end up with a lot more 7.62 , which I can save for Bloodmoon.

But when min/maxing propably would go with T5 infected - much faster clear, no big difference in treasure room rewards or trader reward. 

I do believe that Infected missions are a bit too "good" atm and are pretty much the main way to progress trader quests. You do missions on smaller POI, and the clear itself is only slighly slower, except for T6 and some T5. That means much more XP, more loot and less time wasted on traveling.

The T5 ones are the best fun out there.  I stealth, so don't use tons of ammo (only when that trigger thingy goes sideways).  If you know the T4 POI very well, going backward though it, or even partially so, means you'll do much better, though, the ones that use special triggers will still have to have those set off to get the clear.  It gets easier as you learn the POIs and trigger locations, but I dearly love those T5 clears.  Blech to the T6 ones... not fun, ammo heavy, craziness made for people much younger and dexterous than me!