District Zero

Zilox

Is it a bug or a feature that scavenging skills/perks etc make no difference to the block damage of salvaging a killed robot.  Even testing the Dev: Wrench does the same amount of salvage as T6 ratchet or driver.  Or is there a new late-game tool that works better at this?

Yeah, I made the above mistake in my first ten minutes of a new game, lol

1 hour ago, Lumpus said:

Is it a bug or a feature that scavenging skills/perks etc make no difference to the block damage of salvaging a killed robot.  Even testing the Dev: Wrench does the same amount of salvage as T6 ratchet or driver.  Or is there a new late-game tool that works better at this?

I think Zilox mentioned the best place to post these reports are in his discord, so they get the proper attention. Though I am unsure if that is a bug, you never know he may want salvaging to be slower with the robots. :)

4 hours ago, Lumpus said:

This is fixed for the experimental version of the mod, it scales with entity damage when harvesting robots.

First off. I love this mod! Excellent work :)

Is it intentional that it takes roughly 1000 fuel to fill a minibike? Seems a bit excessive and unsustainable. 

request:  could you make the storage crates broadcast like Undead legacy does? It  would extremely helpful

Thanks again

On 8/4/2023 at 5:12 PM, ranjer2112 said:

First off. I love this mod! Excellent work :)

Is it intentional that it takes roughly 1000 fuel to fill a minibike? Seems a bit excessive and unsustainable. 

request:  could you make the storage crates broadcast like Undead legacy does? It  would extremely helpful

Thanks again

The fuel system works very different in the base game compared to some other mods like UL. Gas cans are crafted in stacks of 5, so you will end up with quite a large number of gas cans. Fueling a minibike for 1000 gas cans is considered low, as a 4x4 in vanilla takes about 10k gas cans to fill to 100%

Craft from storage is not something I'm that interested in adding, and most likely won't be added any time soon or if it is added it will likely be unlocked through special storage containers or other progression paths.

On 8/4/2023 at 12:12 PM, ranjer2112 said:

This mod will work in D0 but I think it's only good for SP. In MP it does not seem to differentiate between your chests and your neighbors. I have not tried to fix it as I don't MP very much.

Craft From Containers at 7 Days to Die Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Don't worry about the weird buttons, that's from a different mod I am still working on adding which needs UI tweaking.

Edited by Catdaddy (see edit history)

6 hours ago, seven said:

It's unlocked with the Handgun crafting skill, level 11 if I recall, and then made in the workbench. Can also be in loot.

It's loot only in newer versions of the mod. You can get it easily in the farming bundles or just in regular weapon loot.

10 hours ago, Zilox said:

It's loot only in newer versions of the mod. You can get it easily in the farming bundles or just in regular weapon loot.

Thank you! Any advice how to plant seeds “directly in the ground”? I used the farming tool to clear the ground, but when I try to plant seeds it doesn’t allow me to plant them.

32 minutes ago, Loulybell said:

Thank you! Any advice how to plant seeds “directly in the ground”? I used the farming tool to clear the ground, but when I try to plant seeds it doesn’t allow me to plant them.

Check the description of the farming tool, you have to use the secondary action to make the land fertile after clearing the grass.

First of all - amazing mod. Thank you for the effort. 

Just installed newer version and started a new game and I am having a game breaking error occur. 

There are no longer traders on the game - I have tried multiple maps (Pregen, random, even Navezgane). 

The error says 'ERR Loading prefabs xml file for level 'Navezgane': Method not found: Vector3i .Vector3i.op_Division(Vector3i.int)

EXC Method not found Method not found: Vector3i .Vector3i.op_Division(Vector3i.int)

It then repeats this several more times underneath.

Please help!

1 hour ago, Twedd said:

Just installed newer version and started a new game and I am having a game breaking error occur. 

There are no longer traders on the game - I have tried multiple maps (Pregen, random, even Navezgane). 

The error says 'ERR Loading prefabs xml file for level 'Navezgane': Method not found: Vector3i .Vector3i.op_Division(Vector3i.int)

EXC Method not found Method not found: Vector3i .Vector3i.op_Division(Vector3i.int)

Please help!

I was reading about this exact same issue in the DZ Discord channel. It appears that while the person was using the most up to date V1.2.4 of Disctrict Zero, they were not using the most up to date A21.1(b16). Since revisions in DZ are specific to the 7D2D version, this was an important step. Can you confirm you are fully up to date with 7D2D?

10 hours ago, Twedd said:

Please help!

Yeah, I want to second what @arramus said. I have had a number of players mention this to me with other mods as well. At least half that got back to me indicated that when they checked the correct alpha version (stable or exp) that was required, they were able to fix the problem. I believe this is the same problem with players only getting buried treasure quests from the traders. Same solution.

11 hours ago, arramus said:

I was reading about this exact same issue in the DZ Discord channel. It appears that while the person was using the most up to date V1.2.4 of Disctrict Zero, they were not using the most up to date A21.1(b16). Since revisions in DZ are specific to the 7D2D version, this was an important step. Can you confirm you are fully up to date with 7D2D?

That was indeed the problem. I thought I had updated the folder since the last 7 Days update - but apparently not!

Thanks for taking the time to help me out, it is much appreciated 👍

I'm watching a couple Youtubers play this and I can't help but think that in an overhaul where all live creatures are gone and the robots have destroyed everything, this should be a wasteland-only modpack. Maybe wasteland and desert if you want to be kind.

It is fortunate the RWG allows us to set our very own parameters for Biomes, and it'll be interesting to get your feedback on how a Wasteland only play through plays out with the current setup. Beware those spawn rates and radiated rainfall though if you give it a try.

On 8/27/2023 at 4:38 AM, Feycat said:

I'm watching a couple Youtubers play this and I can't help but think that in an overhaul where all live creatures are gone and the robots have destroyed everything, this should be a wasteland-only modpack. Maybe wasteland and desert if you want to be kind.

Biomes will be overhauled into different planets in the future, so there will no longer be the regular 7 days biomes like wasteland, desert etc. Mostly likely the forest biome will stay as earth with some improvements.

1 hour ago, Zilox said:

Biomes will be overhauled into different planets in the future, so there will no longer be the regular 7 days biomes like wasteland, desert etc. Mostly likely the forest biome will stay as earth with some improvements.

Damn, this mod is just getting better and better. Can't wait.

1 minute ago, Zhou Ziling said:

Greetings, dear author. I have encountered an issue on my end, namely, the lack of a displayed model after the placement of the blast furnace.

I would need more information than that, but most likely something wrong with the installation. I'd suggest you come to the discord server if you need support as it's easier to help people there.