Does Anyone Else Have This Happen While Mining?

Vaeliorin

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This has happened to me while mining for as long as I can remember (at least since A17).  It's a bit hard to tell from the picture, but what's happened is the block deformation has messed up, such that I'm basically seeing through the world in the center area of the screen.  Sometimes blocks I've mined won't disappear.  It'll go away after I mine 1 (or occasionally a few) more blocks.  I've never seen anyone else mention it, nor seen it happen to a youtuber (though they tend to cut out/montage mining) so I'm just curious if it's mostly just a me thing, or if it happens to other people as well.

I had a similar thing happen a couple days ago, where block appearance wasn't always updating right away when I was upgrading (which is a new one on me) until I'd upgraded one or more additional blocks.

Edit:  I should note that this was in single player (I only play single player) so it shouldn't be any sort of desync issue or anything.

Edited by Vaeliorin (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Vaeliorin said:

This has happened to me while mining for as long as I can remember (at least since A17).  It's a bit hard to tell from the picture, but what's happened is the block deformation has messed up, such that I'm basically seeing through the world in the center area of the screen.  Sometimes blocks I've mined won't disappear.  It'll go away after I mine 1 (or occasionally a few) more blocks.  I've never seen anyone else mention it, nor seen it happen to a youtuber (though they tend to cut out/montage mining) so I'm just curious if it's mostly just a me thing, or if it happens to other people as well.

I had a similar thing happen a couple days ago, where block appearance wasn't always updating right away when I was upgrading (which is a new one on me) until I'd upgraded one or more additional blocks.

Edit:  I should note that this was in single player (I only play single player) so it shouldn't be any sort of desync issue or anything.

Yeah, I've had it happen, drop a block or 2, (or more), and see if that fixes it.

11 minutes ago, Darthjake said:

Yeah, I've had it happen, drop a block or 2, (or more), and see if that fixes it.

Yeah, it's no problem to fix it, it usually goes away after I mine the next block.  I'd just never seen anyone talk about it, so I was curious if it happens to anyone else.  Just happened to have it happen and catch a screenshot, so I thought I'd ask. :)

This is one weird thing I noticed, but have you also noticed that when you dig out dirt next to a poi that "dirt artifacts" are left over that cannot be removed without destroying the building block, aka the cement. Sometimes you can even stand on said artifacts.

image.png.0e8e8a74fd61ec13dc3d774f00b97bda.png

Edited by Survior (see edit history)

I've had this happen in A20 and earlier, it happens when you make too many world changes in one play session, usually mining another block nearby fixes it, its a memory issue I think and a hard bug to fix. I'd not worry to much about it, it fixes itself pretty quickly.