Progression is too fast in some aspects

Audi100

I play on 60 minute days, 50% loot, warrior difficulty and managed to be able to craft a quality 3 steel club by day six. In my opinion the access to endgame items by only speccing into a certain direction is not really what TFP had in mind with their new progression system. It won't stop me from playing, I might as well limit myself by only allowing myself to use tools/weapons I looted, to post a bit of a challenge.

I have not had the case where I would get endgame Items like Steel Weapons crafted, before I looted/got them from quests. In my last playthrough I even went as far as only speccing into INT first, to get my workstations going faster by raising the chance for their books, as I knew I would get Tools and Weapons galore from quests before I could even get my crafting skill up.

By Day 10, I had all workstations incl. Crucibles, a motorcycle, a blue autoshotgun, blue M60, blue impactdriver, purple auger+chainsaw... yeah.. thats how crazy quests are. 

The reward for quests needs to be tied to the biome the POI was done in - it makes no sense at all, that I can do a T5 infested quest (so a T4 POI) in the forest on day 6-7, that maybe takes me 10min to do and I get a blue autoshotgun from the quest, even tho the increased gamestage in the POI was still only 55 and I barely even get ferals... And I would get the same reward if I did this in the wasteland at GS 150+.... Thats the actual problem imho. 

I would even go as far as saying, that the new magazine system actually keeps me from speccing into my weapon of choice early on - since normal bookshelves can also give me workstation/vehicle books, I would much rather spend my points in those perks, so I will raise their chance of dropping and progress faster in the things that I CANNOT loot, instead of lowering the chance to drop them by raising the chance of tool/weapon books - tools and weapons will come by themselves over time, workstations and vehicles dont.. So for me, it does the exact opposite of what it was supposed to do..

Edited by praekokion (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, Audi100 said:

I play on 60 minute days, 50% loot, warrior difficulty and managed to be able to craft a quality 3 steel club by day six. In my opinion the access to endgame items by only speccing into a certain direction is not really what TFP had in mind with their new progression system. It won't stop me from playing, I might as well limit myself by only allowing myself to use tools/weapons I looted, to post a bit of a challenge.

How You managed to get steel club parts before 7th day? what is Your lvl?
I have exactly opposite feelings.
By the time i was able to create q1 steel tools i already had q4-6 steel and iron tools from quest rewards. I had motocylce and 4x4 before i could craft those, just from traders and quest rewards.
I had no need for crafting anything

Why don't you start a new game and see if you can repeat that? Other players have had the opposite experience. For example I had to fight my first horde with a wooden club even though I play with 100% loot. However, I didn't invest any points in Daring Adventurer and only did one quest per day. 

I don't get to crafting them, but do get to getting all T5 and T6 gear before I'm even level 10 just by putting two points into Lucky Looter. Don't need to craft anything when I can just loot it all.

Also @Audi100 50% loot might as well be 100% because you can't have half of an item. Loot % only affects items that stack.

Edited by SylenThunder (see edit history)

3 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Also @Audi100 50% loot might as well be 100% because you can't have half of an item. Loot % only affects items that stack.

But in 2 containers you can get only 1 item total instead of 2.
If you have chance of getting both paper and murky water from toilete, you will be getting only one of those.
Or am i getting it wrong?

15 minutes ago, Archael said:

But in 2 containers you can get only 1 item total instead of 2.
If you have chance of getting both paper and murky water from toilete, you will be getting only one of those.
Or am i getting it wrong?

It only applies to item stack values. If you would normally get one magazine from a box, and you set it to 200%, you will get two magazines. If you set it to 50% it just rounds up and you get one.

It doesn't have anything to do with how many different items you receive in a container.

35 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

It doesn't have anything to do with how many different items you receive in a container.

I coined a term way back when, doing some QA, running into weird behaviors on a code base that didn't really even have specs to check against.

"Working as implemented". (As a diagonal to "Working as Intended")

It's been popping to my mind quite often on these forums for some reason ... :)

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

It only applies to item stack values. If you would normally get one magazine from a box, and you set it to 200%, you will get two magazines. If you set it to 50% it just rounds up and you get one.

Just me nitpicking, but you shouldn't be getting two magazines instead of one if you set it to 200%.  Those types of containers have a variable that causes the container to ignore the loot % setting.