(A21) SHOTGUN Pack (v.3.1 Completed)

Izayo

14 hours ago, Ti2xGr said:

We are having the exact same issue with 1887, M1897 trench, M31Hunter, and the pump shotgun. Fresh world, have the magazines. Others will craft. 

Hi Ti2xGr. When just testing the shotguns in Navezgane on a fresh load out, I've been good to unlock and craft. I tested the 1887 as that was first in the list.

I wonder if you have any other weapon mods conflicting. Hearing the pump shotgun is not craftable sounds like something else is removing it, replacing it, or resetting it in some way.

Y0fBint.jpg

Feel free to DM on Discord for this one as these are a most worthy bundle to get working.

Shot in the dark... but maybe conflicting with a crafting mod as well.

I remember someone using a Sam's Stuff mod had a problem because they were also using a Craft Quality 6 item mod. I think they fixed their issue by adding a "01" to the start of Sam's mod folder.

Because of the changes to crafting, these mods will now have to modify that bit of code rather than simply adding to it (before you just need to code in the unlock and tag it to the perk that increasing crafting level).  Now the crafting magazines all control it, so if you put in different mods that affect crafting, they will more than likely conflict, especially if the mod changes the display portion of crafting.

If you want to combine mods that craft, you will need to examine them to see where they might conflict.

We have quite a few mods, including SStuff and a craft quality 6 mod. I will reorder the mods. and pull possible conflicts until I determine exactly our issue. I have a quick fix by pulling them from the crafting and just doing loot drop/trader until I determine our exact issue. A bit rusty on my modding on A21 so I'm embarrased that I didn't even consider looking elsewhere. We now run a testing server at the same time as our live servers so we can test mods for conflicts without affecting our play. Arramus - I do have a specific question on the Rally marker. I'll DM you. My son and I made a new rally point in Blender/Unity that we want to drop in, but can't find any code on XML's to use to point to the replacement marker. 

2 hours ago, Ti2xGr said:

My son and I made a new rally point in Blender/Unity that we want to drop in, but can't find any code on XML's to use to point to the replacement marker. 

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='questRallyMarker']/property[@name='Model']/@value">#@modfolder:Resources/ggquestmarker.unity3d?ggnewquestrallymarker</set>

Ya, mod load order can be quite troublesome at times, especially when both bring something preferable but can wipe each other out on that one single requirement.

14 hours ago, Ti2xGr said:

We have quite a few mods, including SStuff and a craft quality 6 mod. I will reorder the mods. and pull possible conflicts until I determine exactly our issue. I have a quick fix by pulling them from the crafting and just doing loot drop/trader until I determine our exact issue. A bit rusty on my modding on A21 so I'm embarrased that I didn't even consider looking elsewhere. We now run a testing server at the same time as our live servers so we can test mods for conflicts without affecting our play. Arramus - I do have a specific question on the Rally marker. I'll DM you. My son and I made a new rally point in Blender/Unity that we want to drop in, but can't find any code on XML's to use to point to the replacement marker. 

It's most likely one (or many) of your mods modify base progression.xml in such a way that this mod's (and 556) xpath config fail to search and insert its code. Take a look at this mod progression.xml

Spoiler

<insertAfter xpath="//crafting_skill[@name='craftingShotguns']/display_entry[@item='gunShotgunT1DoubleBarrel']">
            <display_entry item="IZYgunT1shotgunDoublebarrellong" unlock_level="11,14,18,22,26" />
            <display_entry item="IZYgunT1shotgunBoltactionShotgun" unlock_level="11,14,18,22,26" />
            <display_entry item="IZYgunT1shotgunModel1887" unlock_level="11,14,18,22,26" />
    </insertAfter>

<insertAfter xpath="//crafting_skill[@name='craftingShotguns']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked' and @tags='gunShotgunT1DoubleBarrel']">    
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="11,100" value="1" tags="IZYgunT1shotgunDoublebarrellong"/>
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="11,100" value="1" tags="IZYgunT1shotgunBoltactionShotgun"/>
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="11,100" value="1" tags="IZYgunT1shotgunModel1887"/>
    </insertAfter>

<insertAfter xpath="//crafting_skill[@name='craftingShotguns']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CraftingTier' and @tags='gunShotgunT1DoubleBarrel']">    
            <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="14,18,22,26,100" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="IZYgunT1shotgunDoublebarrellong"/>
            <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="14,18,22,26,100" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="IZYgunT1shotgunBoltactionShotgun"/>
            <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="14,18,22,26,100" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="IZYgunT1shotgunModel1887"/>
    </insertAfter>

This mod only adds its code rather than meddling with base xml, which might cause other mods to fail to work properly. You can either 1) load this mod first but the unlocked crafting will not show correct unlocked guns (might be intended by the author to avoid conflicts with other mods) 2) create a patch yourself to make these mods work seamlessly together.

Edited by Razor_ (see edit history)

20 hours ago, ahugehit said:

is this mod broken for anyone else? 

for some reason the .556 weapons mod and this mod are conflicting for me. as soon as i add the .556 mod the shotgun mod breaks

No, it is working for me.

I just tried both in a fresh world as well.

Can see and craft weapons from both mods.

88UC03P.png

Note, you don't move the top-level folder in the rar into your mod folder. You put the subfolders in. 

I went through mod by mod. Determined the Craft tier 6 mod is causing our issue. I'm going to see if I can determine if I can fix it. We also found an issue with the A21 Sniper Turrent V2. It takes any kind of ammo, including rocks. Also, 44 ammo was listed twice. 

May have found a bug. When looking at the magazine progression menu for the shotguns there isnt the normal progression menu. Not sure how I triggered this or if its bugged at all. There should be the numbers of books correlating the amount of books per Tier of weapon. The 556 weapons mod is having a similar issue. 

image.thumb.png.b8de2d651e05a8a95928af55bab702a2.png

Edited by Trail_Jitsu (see edit history)

guys , I can't instantly update or fix these problems everyday, it's gonna be every weekend or 2  (in some week I have to go to work outside). it's good that you guys keeps report bugs,problems but don't expected instant fix from me . I try my best to perfecting this mod with the help from @BFT2020 and many others.  

feels free to drop fast-fix here like @Tarf and BFT do.

9 minutes ago, OverlordMateus said:

Everything from the actual mod works very well, but the mods mod is sadly NOT working

only work with my gun mods. sorry.  

For everyone's information, this is how your mods folder should look like with Izayo's and my mods

image.png.f9798c3edd6d6a2fd1322b70d0baa816.png

Since I have both of Izayo's mods loaded, I installed both of my mods to update the UI.  (Ignore the Temp folder, that is where I dump mod folders in when I don't want them to load up).

On 7/31/2023 at 3:33 PM, Tarf said:

No, it is working for me.

I just tried both in a fresh world as well.

Can see and craft weapons from both mods.

88UC03P.png

Note, you don't move the top-level folder in the rar into your mod folder. You put the subfolders in. 

sorry the late response yeah i think my issue was i had two of the a21_izayo_Visibile_mods_mod folders in there. basically one from each seperate mod. i deleted one and its worked fine since. thanks bruv

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Mert Dilbaz said:

Hello, its an amazing shotgun mod and i love it. But I don't understand why do my shotgunshells have 0 damage ? Im using this mod with Darkness Falls mod pack.

here is a screenshot

How can I change it the damage ?

It's because you are trying to use a vanilla mod as is with a mod like DF that is considered an overhaul mod.  You have to change this mod to make it work with DF.

2 hours ago, Mert Dilbaz said:

Thanks for reply. How can I find where I need to change ?

You are going to have to examine both mods and figure out what changes Khaine has made to his mod.  I do know that Khaine has heavily changed the perks and crafting elements of the game which will affect this mod.

In this case, it is tied to the shotgun perk that Khaine is using.  In vanilla, it is perkBoomstick which if you look at the tags in both the shotgun and ammo, it will have those in them.  With Khaine's mod, you would need to add those custom tags he has for shotguns to the items in Izayo's mod.