(A21) SHOTGUN Pack (v.3.1 Completed)

Izayo

23 hours ago, Izayo said:

V3 Update 27/11/2023

- rework balance and weapon classes

- allowed all modification for all guns

- added new guns

- added new particle effect for immersion 

- added new ammo type (Explosive round) , and merge token shot flechette's ability into 1 ammo type

- added some blocks , 2 gun storages , 2 ammo storages , 1 poster

- added models for ammo drops and carrying models

know bugs : 

crafting Explosive round will popup unkow red error so I take it out from crafting (still can be found in loot and trader)

Optional will be upload in few days (still testing)

Have fun no more update / only bug fix and balance adjust

HECK YEAH THIS IS LITERALLY THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD GET ME TO TO START A NEW ALPHA 21 PLAYTHROUGH!!! THIS IS LIKE AN EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!! Thank you❤️

7 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Fantastic. 

The only thing, 
I may be the only one. I feel like the volume of the guns are super loud compared to the other guns in the game. Is that intentional? 

the sound mostly came from 2000s games,  like l4d2  , Gmod , CS mods . not sure if it's too loud , but for me it's normal.maybe it's because I grew up with these game.

Sound resources are rare , I can't make multi variants for it .  not every sounds are usable,   

- the first one are usable but still too long it's need to be below 2 sec. for a shotgun that has fire rate below 130

- the second one are unusable it will does clack! , tick! noise at the end of the sound , I'm not a sound guy so I don't know what cause this

123123.thumb.jpg.d4db18eb742c6e9e835cebb3bc9c87f7.jpg

most of the sounds I find look like the second one. 

Edited by Izayo (see edit history)

11 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Fantastic. 

The only thing, 
I may be the only one. I feel like the volume of the guns are super loud compared to the other guns in the game. Is that intentional? 

I actually like how loud they are since certain vanilla guns don’t feel like they are loud enough, like the m60. The worst offender is the vanilla pump shotgun, whose firing sound gets drowned out by the reload on top of the terrible sfx the pimps switched to in alpha 20 which just makes it feel hollow and like it has no punch. So I’m glad these shotties are so loud 

On 12/1/2023 at 8:40 PM, Black_Wolf said:

Hey Izayo! I just found the bolt action shotgun in the loot and hell it's so satisfying to use, however, i think there's something wrong when equipping the red dot sight... The 2X scope is perfect. And yes, i do have all the needed files installed (visible mods mod, particles etc)

image.thumb.png.c616aa891398649a661be641f9861b79.png

alright I will fix this ASAP.

On 11/30/2023 at 11:02 PM, Seafire said:

is it possible to upgrade from V2 to V3 on the same world save?

not sure but I can continue my save no problem , but do a backup before you try

some of the guns disappeared or changed to something else, but it's not a problem for me.

Okay… so after some fooling around with this mod in creative and I very much appreciate all the work that went into this mod. My favorite thing is the sawed off barrels being visible, it’s fudging awesome. The models look good, perform well and I think I’ve grown to like the rebalance of the shotguns overall (RIP the 590 special 🥲)

***However playing with this mod in a survival world has left me with some concerns. The most important one being the ammo as quest rewards. Umm I have been getting so much of the special penetrating slugs and explosive ammo which would be really great except for the fact that they’ve been like the only ammo rewards and at this stage in the game I have no weapon that can make use of it and I won’t for a long while. So what did I do with it? I sold it! To buy ammo from the trader. 

So I guess what I’m saying is maybe change that type of ammo as a quest reward for lower tier quests so that we can get usable ammo? Or make the ammo able to be used by the lower tier shotguns like the Tier 1’s at least. 

ALSO I like how you gave the Double Barrel Long a massive power boost. This makes it feel more comparable to the other shotties in terms of viability, however I would take it a step further and buff the reload speed too. Think the soda popper or force a nature in tf2 where if you land both shots then the dps should be theoretically higher/ the same as using a shotgun with 6+ shells in the tube. But if you miss your shots then well you still have to deal with a decent reload time and your sustained dps won’t be as good. 

Beyond these things I am thoroughly enjoying the mod and I am very much looking forward to your future projects! 

On 12/2/2023 at 8:48 PM, Izayo said:

alright I will fix this ASAP.

not sure but I can continue my save no problem , but do a backup before you try

some of the guns disappeared or changed to something else, but it's not a problem for me.

I updated to v3 and it works fine but I ended up with 2 model 1887 one t1 and the other t2, and my model 1897 was upgraded from t2 to t3

Alright I have fixed all of the problems you guys mentioned above  

how ever I want to release it along with the Optionals as v3.1 in this sunday , a little delay because I found so many missing textures for the low_setting variants at least 5 guns

fixed list :

- bolt action shotgun reflex sight missing textures

- XM-12G  missing red dot texture in reflex sight (low_setting mode)

- M870 police missing red dot texture in reflex sight (low_setting mode)

but here quick fix for v3 

- fixed quest reward ammo

- explosive round are craftable now

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lJsXCE2fW_U1-BZH4z-RhuTx4mZzfLPY/view?usp=sharing

3 hours ago, Seafire said:

I updated to v3 and it works fine but I ended up with 2 model 1887 one t1 and the other t2, and my model 1897 was upgraded from t2 to t3

good to know , I lost all of my T3 ,T4  but I'm rich so it's not a problem

I'm getting an error when the game is attempting to load the Shotgun Pack mod when starting a new save. It says "ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'sounds.xml' failed". I checked the code on that file and it all checked out. I tried reinstalling the mod. I tried reinstalling the game. And then reinstalling the mods 1 at a time. I tried installing the mod without the quick fix. None of it worked. 

23 hours ago, Atimus said:

I'm getting an error when the game is attempting to load the Shotgun Pack mod when starting a new save. It says "ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'sounds.xml' failed". I checked the code on that file and it all checked out. I tried reinstalling the mod. I tried reinstalling the game. And then reinstalling the mods 1 at a time. I tried installing the mod without the quick fix. None of it worked. 

I also tried installing the mod after starting a new save without it and loading it that way. It did not work either. Same error. It tells me that maybe another mod's sounds XML is conflicting with this one. I don't believe I'm running any others in particular that modify the sounds of the guns firing. Idk. It's probably a mod conflict, but for some reason the game works just fine only when I remove the shotgun pack. 

1 hour ago, Atimus said:

I also tried installing the mod after starting a new save without it and loading it that way. It did not work either. Same error. It tells me that maybe another mod's sounds XML is conflicting with this one. I don't believe I'm running any others in particular that modify the sounds of the guns firing. Idk. It's probably a mod conflict, but for some reason the game works just fine only when I remove the shotgun pack. 

sounds like you're using another gun mod that is using the same sound (name) as this mod. 

I installed this mod on a server I have hosted at HostHavoc - I get these msgs in the log file - is this just more of an FYI?

Trying to load from folder: 'A21_Izayo_Firearms_Shotgun_packVAL'
2023-12-09T12:54:11 1.338 WRN [MODS]     A21_Izayo_Firearms_Shotgun_packVAL/ModInfo.xml in legacy format. Please consider upgrading to V2 for future compatibility.
2023-12-09T12:54:11 1.340 INF [MODS]     Loaded Mod: A21IZYfirearmshotgunPV (1)
2023-12-09T12:54:11 1.340 INF [MODS]   Trying to load from folder: 'A21_Izayo_Visible_Mods_mod'
2023-12-09T12:54:11 1.340 WRN [MODS]     A21_Izayo_Visible_Mods_mod/ModInfo.xml in legacy format. Please consider upgrading to V2 for future compatibility.
2023-12-09T12:54:11 1.341 INF [MODS]     Loaded Mod: IZYVMM (2)

I also get this error;

2023-12-09T12:54:13 3.814 INF [MODS] Loading localization from mod: A21IZYfirearmshotgunPV
2023-12-09T12:54:13 3.814 WRN Localization: Entry missing a key! Please check Localization file. Skipping entry...

I do have the V3 and Quick fix applied both on client and server side.

Thank you - we enjoy your mod...

Edited by Napoca
forgot sentence (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Napoca said:

I installed this mod on a server I have hosted at HostHavoc - I get these msgs in the log file - is this just more of an FYI?

2023-12-09T12:54:11 1.338 WRN [MODS]     A21_Izayo_Firearms_Shotgun_packVAL/ModInfo.xml in legacy format. Please consider upgrading to V2 for future compatibility.
2023-12-09T12:54:11 1.340 INF [MODS]   Trying to load from folder: 'A21_Izayo_Visible_Mods_mod'
2023-12-09T12:54:11 1.340 WRN [MODS]     A21_Izayo_Visible_Mods_mod/ModInfo.xml in legacy format. Please consider upgrading to V2 for future compatibility.

I also get this error;

2023-12-09T12:54:13 3.814 INF [MODS] Loading localization from mod: A21IZYfirearmshotgunPV
2023-12-09T12:54:13 3.814 WRN Localization: Entry missing a key! Please check Localization file. Skipping entry...

if you get Please consider upgrading to V2 for future   in yellow text, it's fine I also get that message and it's not affect anything.

6 hours ago, Napoca said:

I also get this error;

The legacy note about modinfo is letting mod creators know that in a future alpha, it needs to be updated to the new format.  It doesn’t affect anything right now in A21

On 12/8/2023 at 9:47 PM, Izayo said:

sounds like you're using another gun mod that is using the same sound (name) as this mod. 

Yes I believe that is the problem, I may remove an older gun mod I had and just use the new shotgun pack. I think I know which one is the problem. It's the tactical weapons mod by viper.https://7daystodiemods.com/tactical-weapons-a21/ It's gotta be. That's the only other one. 

3 hours ago, Atimus said:

Yes I believe that is the problem, I may remove an older gun mod I had and just use the new shotgun pack. I think I know which one is the problem. It's the tactical weapons mod by viper.https://7daystodiemods.com/tactical-weapons-a21/ It's gotta be. That's the only other one. 

I bet it's aa12 or saiga12, I'll change the name in v3.1 so you can keep both mod together

Hey Izayo, i think i figured out why the gunshot volume is so loud sometimes.

It depends on the ammo type you're using, for instance, the super penetrator slug will reproduce the sound of the shotgun (louder) based on the amount of zombies you hit with it. Same goes with the Fragmentation slug, but to a lesser extent.

It can be a bother but i don't really mind, i'm leaving it here just in case!

Edited by Black_Wolf (see edit history)

17 hours ago, Black_Wolf said:

Hey Izayo, i think i figured out why the gunshot volume is so loud sometimes.

It depends on the ammo type you're using, for instance, the super penetrator slug will reproduce the sound of the shotgun (louder) based on the amount of zombies you hit with it. Same goes with the Fragmentation slug, but to a lesser extent.

It can be a bother but i don't really mind, i'm leaving it here just in case!

I think they meant the normal fire sound. I'll add less loud sound pack in the optionals. update this sunday. this is will be the last update (I hope so.. )

• Izayo changed the title to (A21) SHOTGUN Pack (v.3.1 Completed)

I have a problem with the mod, when I install it with the darkness falls mod, it causes an incompatibility causing a bug which does not show me the items or objects to craft on the left when I open the inventoryspacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, MrZ said:

I have a problem with the mod, when I install it with the darkness falls mod, it causes an incompatibility causing a bug which does not show me the items or objects to craft on the left when I open the inventory

That is not an issue with this mod.  You can't install this mod with another mod like Darkness Falls as they are incompatible.  DF chances weapons, crafting, progression, unlocks.  This mod is only compatible with vanilla 7D2D and other mods that don't radically modify the game.

Any mod that is considered an overhaul mod (Like DF or Wasteland or Undead Legacy) are typically not compatible with other mods unless they affect the game that the overhaul mod does not affect or where done in a way to be compatible with the overhaul mod.