Back to bodies searching

cos_iek

I have been playing for a long time and personally I liked more bodies searching. Big gold bags dropping from zombies are too simple and look like undeveloped. Searching for loot is more realistic and engaging. What do you think about it?

4 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

You can still play those versions.

Community are trying to help to make future of the game better, you know what I mean. I didn't have problem on previous version with performance. So I think it's possible to make it more lagless. Then also could add sth like dead bodies attract zombies.

If you want it back, you can always mod it in.

I only play SP so I never had a lag issue with the dead bodies (and searching them).  However, I really like the new mechanics in play as I don't have to search every zombie body I kill, I know that the ones that drop bags have something to look at.

In addition, I been loving the new mechanic they added where you get bonus damage to zombie bodies after you kill them.  Makes it easier to deal with now since they go poof as soon as you hit them.

2 hours ago, cos_iek said:

Community are trying to help to make future of the game better, you know what I mean. I didn't have problem on previous version with performance. So I think it's possible to make it more lagless. Then also could add sth like dead bodies attract zombies.

The game isn't only single player and performance affects different people in different ways depending on their systems and if they are on servers and if they are playing console.  They made the change a while ago and aren't going to change it back at this point.  Keep in mind that we are in the last few alphas most likely and they are polishing things up for gold.  There are not likely to be any changes back to what was in previous versions and few new things beyond the promised bandits and armor/clothing rework.  Most of what you will see going forward are going to be optimizations, art, UI/UX, networking, etc.

At this point, the best help you can offer for three game are suggestions if things that can be tweaked without actually changing things as those are more likely to be considered.  You can, of course, recommend anything but bigger suggestions will likely not happen.

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

The game isn't only single player and performance affects different people in different ways depending on their systems and if they are on servers and if they are playing console.  They made the change a while ago and aren't going to change it back at this point.  Keep in mind that we are in the last few alphas most likely and they are polishing things up for gold.  There are not likely to be any changes back to what was in previous versions and few new things beyond the promised bandits and armor/clothing rework.  Most of what you will see going forward are going to be optimizations, art, UI/UX, networking, etc.

At this point, the best help you can offer for three game are suggestions if things that can be tweaked without actually changing things as those are more likely to be considered.  You can, of course, recommend anything but bigger suggestions will likely not happen.

A this point game gets boring and monotonous quickly. We have alpha, as you said, so beta is ahead of us. Game surly will be changed a lot of times yet

1 hour ago, cos_iek said:

A this point game gets boring and monotonous quickly. We have alpha, as you said, so beta is ahead of us. Game surly will be changed a lot of times yet

That's not how they are doing things.  All changes have mostly been completed at this point and over the past 10 years.  Now they are in the final stages and will be focused on the fine tuning more than adding new stuff.

6 hours ago, Riamus said:

That's not how they are doing things.  All changes have mostly been completed at this point and over the past 10 years.  Now they are in the final stages and will be focused on the fine tuning more than adding new stuff.

Have you seen their plans?

5 hours ago, cos_iek said:

Have you seen their plans?

They haven't been hiding anything. It's all there for anyone to research. They have said since a19 that they are nearing completion, and have also stated what is left to finish. Even the Alpha 21 Developer Diary has a section on what changes are left after a21. It's a pretty short list.

Alpha development is about trying things, finding out if they work or fit what you want the game to be, and then changing them when they don't. 

Beta is about final optimization and bug fixes. Core content does not change in this stage.

As Riamus stated, we are very near the end of Alpha development. Most core game changes are completed, and it's getting down to adding in the final features and finishing up balancing on the remainder. Once the core content is finished, it's time for Story and Beta. 

Those gold lootbacks were added as a "placeholder", same as quest exclamation marks.. but seems like they are staying as a final thing.

I hope that they can visually change to something more realistic but at this point I`m already used to it.. just feels weird. 

they have mods that do this that are super simple to install. I would just download a modlet. While I love the immersion factor looting bodies gives vs a bag appearing that the dead zed could fit into, I completely agree it affects performancs in a negative way especially on a MP server