Sam's Stuff - A21 Compatible

saminal

1) If you use the 'TrashStays' w/ the 'EmptyNest', they'll conflict.  The nest will never get destroyed to 'seed/grow'
I modified the XPATH to exclude the 'birdNest' lootcontainer (the 'and not(@<attribute{name}>=...  I didn't find that 'birdNest' had a container w/ the 'destroy_on_close='true', but shouldn't hurt if you want to CYA & put the conditional on both lines)

<configs>
    <removeattribute xpath="lootcontainers/lootcontainer[@destroy_on_close='empty' and not(@name='birdNest')]/@destroy_on_close" />
    <removeattribute xpath="lootcontainers/lootcontainer[@destroy_on_close='true']/@destroy_on_close" />
</configs>

2)  I didn't like that the EmptyNests 'seeded' using the nest model (when scouring the landscape for nests to loot, it sucked when I came across a 'growing/seed' nest that I couldn't loot).  To mitigate the confusion, I changed up the mod so the nest 'seed' was a grass model that you could find in any biome.  I also gave it some HPs so you could stop the nest from re-spawning if you wanted.  Just remember to change the 'GrowthRate' as needed

New to the tweaking, so excuse any problem(s) I wasn't aware of creating & thanks again for the quick & useful A21 MODs

<configs>

<append xpath="/blocks">

<block name="BirdNestGrowing">
            <property name="Class" value="PlantGrowing"/>
            <property name="Collide" value="melee,bullet,arrow,rocket"/>
            <property name="Extends" value="treeBrownGrassDiagonal"/>
            <property name="MaxDamage" value="100"/>
            <property name="PlantGrowing.Next" value="cntBirdnest"/>
            <property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="270"/> <!-- In-game minutes (presumes 90-min days [3 days]) -->
            <property name="SortOrder2" value="0007"/>
            <property name="Texture" value="201,306,371,201,306,371"/>
        </block>

</append>

<insertAfter xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntBirdnest']/property[@name='StabilitySupport']">
        <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="BirdNestGrowing"/>
    </insertAfter>

</configs>

A21.0_2023-07-03_10-40-29.jpg

3 hours ago, Nisi_Diamondfire said:

Hey Sam! So I have a bug to report. Cop cars, and sedans, are not respawning. I see someone has already mentioned those, but the cop cars aren't dropping spawners either.

How are you testing? The person that mentioned it before was using the admin wrench, which does so much damage (and the car models are all set to apply overflow damage to the next block) that the spawner was being destroyed as soon as it was created.

If you're giving it an actual play test with a normal wrench, do you have any other mods loaded?

7 hours ago, saminal said:

How are you testing? The person that mentioned it before was using the admin wrench, which does so much damage (and the car models are all set to apply overflow damage to the next block) that the spawner was being destroyed as soon as it was created.

If you're giving it an actual play test with a normal wrench, do you have any other mods loaded?

I'm just using a level 6 wrench. No admin tool. 

43 minutes ago, Nisi_Diamondfire said:

I'm just using a level 6 wrench. No admin tool. 

Okay, well it's definitely working fine on my servers.. any other mods in play? Do you know where to find the ConfigDump for your game?

Storage Stuff

First off, love your working and storage stuff, always some of the first mods I start out with!

Just downloaded for A21 and might be a little confused as to why all the storage recipes are locked. As there's no progression file, should these be available to craft without any prerequisite? 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, kageshiOP said:

Storage Stuff

First off, love your working and storage stuff, always some of the first mods I start out with!

Just downloaded for A21 and might be a little confused as to why all the storage recipes are locked. As there's no progression file, should these be available to craft without any prerequisite? 

Thanks!

Glad you like the mods! They're not locked, they just have a little padlock on the icon to indicate they're lockable. Try crafting one :)

3 hours ago, saminal said:

Glad you like the mods! They're not locked, they just have a little padlock on the icon to indicate they're lockable. Try crafting one :)

...I see now my troubleshooting skills were less than thorough 🤦‍♂️

Is that the ItemTypeIcon?

On 7/7/2023 at 12:23 AM, saminal said:

Okay, well it's definitely working fine on my servers.. any other mods in play? Do you know where to find the ConfigDump for your game?

Yes I do. Odd that it's working for you. If you need me to pull it, let me know. It's a dedicated server, so I'd have to kick people off to jump on the FTP

22 hours ago, Nisi_Diamondfire said:

Yes I do. Odd that it's working for you. If you need me to pull it, let me know. It's a dedicated server, so I'd have to kick people off to jump on the FTP

Are you definitely on the latest version?

Question, For the SCarRespawner, in order to increase the respawn rate, do we adjust the "PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" variable? It is set to 180 by default, but I know on my server vehicles respawn each day. I want to adjust them to respawn after 14 days. 

Regarding the Sam's Working Stuff mod. Is there any way that you could update the mod so that the working sink will actually work if used indoors? Currently it does not function if placed inside of a building since it is based on the dew collector and requires open sky above it. 

Question.. I might be blind and over looking lol.... is the trader Smoke stack in any of the building recipes you have or is it left out? If left out would that be some you would add or no? 

2nd question.. in creative menu I see multiple color flags. But I seem to only see like 2 flags with 2 options in regular menu. Think they just the vanilla flags not part of your mod. Does any of the block options in your mod have the other color flags?..... like I said I might be blind and just didn't see it lol. 

5 hours ago, Devate said:

Regarding the Sam's Working Stuff mod. Is there any way that you could update the mod so that the working sink will actually work if used indoors? Currently it does not function if placed inside of a building since it is based on the dew collector and requires open sky above it. 

I'm having the same trouble. If you give the sink 6 blocks clearance above (same as for the vanilla Dew Collector) it will work inside/under a roof. Also, bars and some other blocks like vents don't count as a roof over it, if you place them in the roof/floor above of your building. But these are only workarounds, and not very thematic for a supposedly working sink.

On 7/10/2023 at 5:01 PM, AudioCraZ said:

Question, For the SCarRespawner, in order to increase the respawn rate, do we adjust the "PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" variable? It is set to 180 by default, but I know on my server vehicles respawn each day. I want to adjust them to respawn after 14 days. 

That is in game minutes. If they respawn "every day", you're daynight length apparently is 180. On a daynight of 60 it would take two days

@saminal could you tell me if FireTrucks would respawn aswell with your SCarRespawner? From what i have seen in the blockplaceholders it probably don't. If not, do you plan to add them?

Edited by LootGoblin (see edit history)

Hey Sam.

I've downloaded your SS stack tweaks, and I love it.  Not too OP, but is relatively a good halfway medium

However...I just opened a stack can of gas and it only gave me 5000 gas, when default in game is 10000.

Hi, been using the Storage, Deco and Working stuff mods for a few days now, really enjoying them.   Have one request tho if possible.   Any way to add the blue/white water cooler into the Working Stuff Mod to make water?   Just seems like it would be a perfect fit 🙂

Thanks!!!

Hi Sam,

Thanks heaps for getting your mods updated to A21. However, I have an error when using your "Sam's Working Stuff" Mod:

WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Sam_Working_Stuff_NoSinks" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/crafting_skills/crafting_skill[@name='craftingElectrician']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked' and @level='25,100']/@tags" (line14 at pos 6)

As the result, I can't make any of the lights as they remain locked, even though my electrician skill is at 75.

Thanks,

19 hours ago, Jakmeister999 said:

Hi Sam,

Thanks heaps for getting your mods updated to A21. However, I have an error when using your "Sam's Working Stuff" Mod:

WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Sam_Working_Stuff_NoSinks" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/crafting_skills/crafting_skill[@name='craftingElectrician']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked' and @level='25,100']/@tags" (line14 at pos 6)

As the result, I can't make any of the lights as they remain locked, even though my electrician skill is at 75.

Thanks,

I'm noticing the same console warning message, but with the "with sinks" version.  I've tried this mod standalone to try and rule out any conflicts.  And still have the same issue.  I can grab the lights from the creative menu and place them.  But am unable to craft them.