I do not understand stream weekends...

chromed1

I think there are two components to this issue.

First off, the streamer weekends are to drum up more business and thus money for TFP to keep doing what they are doing.

The second part, which seems lost on the marketing department, is that most people can afford an hour or two to watch on a weekday but not commit to a full gaming session until the weekend.

Thus, if they want to give streamer plebs some bonus time it should be during the week, so that people with normal work schedules can spend their limited time on the weekend playing. Until people that have already made purchases are given the respect we have paid for there will always be this disconnect.

I have been around since alpha 1 and we don't get any perks, but someone that they feel can get more sales is put on a pedestal for us to worship.

They already stated that they are not going to do a mass release right before the weekend.  They want to do it on a Monday when everyone is back at work and able to respond quicker.

What perks are you expecting purchasing an early access game other than have early access to the game?

7 hours ago, Roland said:

As a console player you’re not getting A21 anyway. You can stick to your version and nothing will change for you before, during, or after the streamer weekend anyway. 

True but when alpah 22 drops supposed us console players will get alpha 21 and yet an alpha behind pc players but however if u have old Gen consoles they aren't making any promises for that upgrade only new gens will get the new game when alpha 22 drops if console players are lucky if that still holds up I heard it might be pushed back so we shall see 

1 hour ago, orgthatguy619 said:

True but when alpah 22 drops supposed us console players will get alpha 21 and yet an alpha behind pc players but however if u have old Gen consoles they aren't making any promises for that upgrade only new gens will get the new game when alpha 22 drops if console players are lucky if that still holds up I heard it might be pushed back so we shall see 

No, when a22 drops, a22 may be available on console as version 1. 

They said for the console version it will be alpha 21 when alpha 22 drops that's if everything is good to go so it might drop with alpha 22 it might not there is a lot of complications but like I said over and over time will tell and let's see what we get when alpha 22 drops if they drop the console

On 6/10/2023 at 1:19 AM, Thoddius said:

I think there are two components to this issue.

First off, the streamer weekends are to drum up more business and thus money for TFP to keep doing what they are doing.

The second part, which seems lost on the marketing department, is that most people can afford an hour or two to watch on a weekday but not commit to a full gaming session until the weekend.

Thus, if they want to give streamer plebs some bonus time it should be during the week, so that people with normal work schedules can spend their limited time on the weekend playing. Until people that have already made purchases are given the respect we have paid for there will always be this disconnect.

I have been around since alpha 1 and we don't get any perks, but someone that they feel can get more sales is put on a pedestal for us to worship.

I work a normal 40-x more demanding work schedule as an Emergency Management Director and Supervisor of a 911 center, I am on call 24/7/365, married, along with 3 kids, hobbies, homestead, 5 dogs, etc.

I STILL have time to sit down and watch streamers during dinner, before bed, etc.

You just WANT a handout.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 2:19 AM, Thoddius said:

Dear me the entitlement on display here is impressive.  You are frankly not that valuable. 

The most you can give to the developers is 

1 the money you spent on their game

2 the word of mouth you can generate within your comparatively small social circle 

3 any feedback you write down in social media / forums.

Streamers spend a significant amount of time cultivating a following of people  to whom they can influence and market. That means more customers for TFP and more sales.  A tangible monetary benefit beyond a single sale of the game or simple word of mouth .

You call them plebs out of some misguided and ignorant idea that because they some how manage to make playing video games  their job they are some how lesser than you are.

But to the TFP you are frankly the pleb for all the value you dont generate and  conversely the streamers are the royalty.

So get off your high horse.  you did not earn it.

If you want to get the same perks. then you need to comparatively generate the same amount of value. It really is that simple. 

Edited by saltychipmunk (see edit history)

On 6/11/2023 at 12:34 AM, orgthatguy619 said:

You really do think it is going to run on old gen? :DDD

They haven't ruled out old Gen yet but I think there pushing for new Gen we shall see what happens 

It's for sure going to be on new gen. They hope to be able to make it backwards-compatible to the old generation consoles, but no guarantees. It doesn't look likely simply because of how dated that hardware is.

The latest on console edition is to guess what stay tuned 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 that's all they can tell us we can't wait to bring it back to console its being worked on stay tuned sounds like a broken record player

Screenshot_20230701_095313_Chrome.jpg

Sure. It is at least half a year of more waiting before any release (and more than likely some months more), so there isn't much they could say except "stay tuned". If they had said nothing about console at all, a lot of console players would have posted "And what about console?" underneath that message.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...