7DtD VR mod coming to A21

palikkamaa

That persistent UI in the middle of the screen kills me. If that's what the end product is going to be like, no thank you. There's better ways to handle that.

Of course, I'm not trying to take away from the rest of it. It's also very likely that they have very little control over that since, you know, they're trying to port a game that was not built for VR into VR. Good on them for making this much progress. Seems like a really fun project.

On 5/2/2023 at 5:06 PM, Syphon583 said:

That persistent UI in the middle of the screen kills me. If that's what the end product is going to be like, no thank you. There's better ways to handle that.

Of course, I'm not trying to take away from the rest of it. It's also very likely that they have very little control over that since, you know, they're trying to port a game that was not built for VR into VR. Good on them for making this much progress. Seems like a really fun project.

VR is on their kickstarter list. I am not sure, but i don´t recall that they ditched it. That´s something for the very end of development though.

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

VR is on their kickstarter list. I am not sure, but i don´t recall that they ditched it. That´s something for the very end of development though.

Yeah, I recall it being on their kickstarter. Personally I highly doubt it's going to happen, but regardless, the game was not built for VR. Not saying it can't be altered to support it. Clearly it can, but I just wasn't sure how much control a modder could have over how the UI functions in a VR format.

On 5/2/2023 at 8:06 AM, Syphon583 said:

if they could anchor that in the corner I'd be onboard, but as it is right now jerking around that will make me motion sick like headbob does.

Looks neat. I hope it works on my older Vive. I see VR sickness in my future. The direct/continuous movement has a way of turning me green and limiting my time in VR. When playing "The Forest" in VR I could maybe take it for 10 minutes. I couldn't last a minute on a VR downhill skiing game. Do you think there will be a teleportation movement option?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 2:53 PM, GerzogZver said:

Where from download???

It's not available yet. Mod authors doesn't want to publish it before a21. They are worried that a21 might break it and they have to take mod down and let the hype die. 

But, once it's ready, it will be posted at Flatscreen to VR discord community. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

For a mod like this I'm quite amazed on how its handling wise in regards to performance. The UI could be a little bit better but it's not janky at all and looks quite a neat mod to install to. Will give them a follow and watch their progress. :) 

Regards,
Ticksy