Goodbye A20: Show your last base build!

Allgudmate

Similar to my previous post "Goodbye A19: Show your last base build!", I have a sneaky suspicion that the wait for the next alpha is almost over and before we all start playing it, I'm really keen to see what you have been building in A20, especially with the new shapes and all.

If we don't post them here now, all these beautiful bases will be lost in time.... like tears in rain (ok being a bit overly dramatic here, but you get what I mean).

For me, I build 2 major bases, both inspired by the trap-door mechanic. Needless to say, no cheats or cm/dm mode was used for these builds.

Base number 1 is one of the biggest builds I've done so far. A castle, with a tunnel that lights up locally and automatically when your car passes by, leading to an underground entrance (believe me, it was quite the dig), taking you up the main floor with a ladder. The base looks nice at night, due to clever lighting. 

Hordes are dealt with easily with the excessive dart traps and electric wires on the sides. If they get too close, they fall through the trap door (but not enough for them to get to rage mode), so they need to work their way up again. Rinse , repeat :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Base number 2 is much smaller, but highly effective!! It's trap doors again (trigger wire), but this time, it makes the zombies drop into a pit. Using the slopes in the middle, it is very simple to toss a couple of pipe bombs down, raking in the XP. And yes, that is a bridge I built for my motorcycle to cross the river more easily :) Last image is looking up from the pit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ok, now you've seen mine.... let's see yours! 

Edited by Allgudmate (see edit history)

I don't have anything special to show, but I wanted to say that I like that first base.  Especially the tunnel.  We've done a 1km long tunnel big enough to accommodate a motorcycle easily (3 open blocks wide; 5 counting walls), but although it was lighted, it didn't look fancy like yours.

I've also done a smaller tunnel that accommodated a 4x4 and it was also lighted.  It was maybe 250m or so.  I didn't check that one.  But again, it wasn't anything fancy.  That one did have a tunnel off the side to walk through to go to a side sitting area near the exit and a parking area at the exit as well, but it wasn't part of a base.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Allgudmate said:

Thanks for the nice compliments all! 👍

@Riamus 1 km long tunnel?? That's sick 😛 I've had mining tunnels that long, but not for transportation and lightning n all, must have been quite the dig lol

Yeah, it took a while.  Driving through, it felt like it would never end.  Running through, it was looooong! 😁

• 2 weeks later...