Goodbye A19: Show your last base build!

Allgudmate

Hi all,

In anticipation of the new A20, I thought it would be a fun idea to showcase your last base you built (even if it's not finished, like mine lol).

I'll start. The idea was to make a pit where the zombies drop down and work their way up through to my base, thereby narrowing them down to 1 path, which passes several 'kill boxes' (in my case, a huge amount of electricity lines surrounded by dart traps). Worked out really well, it's almost an afk base tbh. I also was making a driveway up to my living space, but looks like I'm running out of time, so didn't finish everything yet.

I also built up the farm next to it, growing all things possible. Lastly, everything was build without any cheats (120 minute day cycle though).

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now lemme see yours!!

Edited by Allgudmate (see edit history)

Thanks @retrogamingdev ! That pit was quite the dig and I'm too ashamed to show how much mining I had to to for the materials for the base lol (especially the for the bulletproof glass).

On my first couple of playthroughs, I also used existing POIs for bases, but after the first 80 days or so they were completely transformed, typically leaving nothing behind from the original POI :) . 

Appreciate the feedback @Laz Man, thanks! I just made some cosmetic adjustments to the barn and added some spotlights to make farming at night more easy (getting enough rotten flesh for the farm plots was not easy though). The top floor of the barn used to be my storage/manufacturing place early game; now, it stores all mah crops :)

I really like the building aspect in 7DTD, can't wait for all the new shapes in A20!

28 minutes ago, Allgudmate said:

Appreciate the feedback @Laz Man, thanks! I just made some cosmetic adjustments to the barn and added some spotlights to make farming at night more easy (getting enough rotten flesh for the farm plots was not easy though). The top floor of the barn used to be my storage/manufacturing place early game; now, it stores all mah crops :)

I really like the building aspect in 7DTD, can't wait for all the new shapes in A20!

Plenty of new lego pieces to play with thats for sure.  Can't wait to see what folks will make with them.  :)

I like your glass garage at the top very cool op❤️ I made a ww2 anti air tower as my main base. Saw it on the practical engineering channel and thought that would make a great place to live in the zombie apocalypse 😂 I used a separate dart trap base for hordes. I added a hangar bay to it with automated hangar bay door for the gyro. I love that hangar bay but you need so much room to accommodate everything, so i'll have to come up with something else for a20 😛
CdeFeez.jpg

I have some video of it, i kept it unlisted (youtube wasn't happy with Spotify playing in the background xd)

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Naz said:

I like your glass garage at the top very cool op❤️ I made a ww2 anti air tower as my main base. Saw it on the practical engineering channel and thought that would make a great place to live in the zombie apocalypse 😂 I used a separate dart trap base for hordes. I added a hangar bay to it with automated hangar bay door for the gyro. I love that hangar bay but you need so much room to accommodate everything, so i'll have to come up with something else for a20 😛
CdeFeez.jpg

I have some video of it, i kept it unlisted (youtube wasn't happy with Spotify playing in the background xd)

Hide contents

Nice base and nice landing at the end...😅

I would imagine the zombies take one look at it on horde night and just turn around....nope nope nope lol.

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Nice base and nice landing at the end...😅

I would imagine the zombies take one look at it on horde night and just turn around....nope nope nope lol.

Pretty much, they're so scared they don't even spawn😂 there isn't any blocks they can spawn on within the loaded chunks while you're there. So I go to my dart trap base nearby to have fun with the horde😛