Vanilla-Expansion Weapons pack (update v3)

Izayo

12 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

His game is missing assets that a mod added.

Is he playing on a server?  If so, he needs to have the mod also installed on his end since it adds new assets.

Is the mod installed correctly on his machine?  Has he tried to reinstall the mod?

Other than that, we can only guess as a screenshot doesn't give enough information that a logfile would

Yes, he is playing on the server and we do have it server and client side. and how are we going to get the log file?

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded all 3 mods mentioned above, but when I go to start a server it gives me this error. 166.556 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'recipes.xml' failed. and under 166,560 EXC No item/block/material with name 'ammoBlunderbuss' existing. In single player he gives it only once. but everything seems to work, while in a server spams without entering these messages, someone would know how to solve?

• 1 month later...

So for the heck of it, I updated izayo's Vanilla Weapons Expansion pack for A21 and resolved all the XML errors in console, plus some warnings for the ModInfo.xml and a couple other headaches.  I also combined the v2 and v3 versions so no manual update is needed there.

Due to changes with the base game's loot groups and trader inventory categories, I can't promise that this version is balanced but it does work without errors.  Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RUQttHSP9rzisDVgRywuB_NEuemu82SJ/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Falcon197 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Falcon197 said:

So for the heck of it, I updated izayo's Vanilla Weapons Expansion pack for A21 and resolved all the XML errors in console, plus some warnings for the ModInfo.xml and a couple other headaches.  I also combined the v2 and v3 versions so no manual update is needed there.

Due to changes with the base game's loot groups and trader inventory categories, I can't promise that this version is balanced but it does work without errors.  Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RUQttHSP9rzisDVgRywuB_NEuemu82SJ/view?usp=sharing

Thank you so much!

4 hours ago, Falcon197 said:

Could you define improper balance? As in drop rate etc?

6 hours ago, Falcon197 said:

Oh wow. Thanks alot for this. Izayo's Weapons mod is one of my fav mods. It adds alot of fun to the base game for me and ever since I started using it, I've been hooked. 

I was holding off on A21 till stable hits, but now that this mod can work, I may just jump in and have abit of fun before starting a long term save. 

7 hours ago, Falcon197 said:

I don't see the option to craft your guns in the craft options when unlocking books. 

I asked this above, it does work though for the skill point levels you put in the class?

9 hours ago, Falcon197 said:

Just FYI, the mod breaks 2x scopes on vanilla 9mm pistols, and the reflex sight on the SMP-40 seems broken as well.

image.png.ac52d1bc04d8616df6948ef8b8b7a2e6.png

Edited by Dragonchampion (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

Just FYI, the mod breaks 2x scopes on vanilla 9mm pistols, and the reflex sight on the SMP-40 seems broken as well.

image.png.ac52d1bc04d8616df6948ef8b8b7a2e6.png

Unfortunately that's one thing I'm still working on fixing.  It'll likely require some triage in Unity.

Also, to the earlier question about potential imbalances: A21 changed up the loot groups and removed a lot of the tiers for different weapons.  In A20, those would keep you from finding a Desert Vulture instead of a Pipe Pistol, for example.  Now the loot tiers are pooled together, and the spawn rates are governed in other configs by stuff like looting skill.  So there's a small chance that the higher tier weapons in Izayo's mod may appear more frequently than they are supposed to - but I have no easy way to test that.

12 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Do these weapons work with any of the perks, for more damage etc?

They should, since perk configs didn't change much in A21 and the original mod included a progression.xml enabling perk integrations on all the guns.

11 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

I don't see the option to craft your guns in the craft options when unlocking books. 

I asked this above, it does work though for the skill point levels you put in the class?

I'm still learning how to integrate modded guns into the new magazine-based crafting system, so for now I just made it so you can still find schematics in loot that'll unlock the recipes.  I'd like to eventually have everything bolted onto the skills.  Or I may just leave it as-is since IMO, schematics made more sense.

Edited by Falcon197 (see edit history)

46 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

FYI @Izayo hasn't abandoned his mods.  He has been working on them to update them for Alpha 21.

I figured.  Not looking to steal his thunder, either.  I've just been messing with A21 conversions for my current mod load and started off with Izayo's stuff to see how tough it'll be to get other stuff working, since a chunk of what I use is abandonware at this point.

11 hours ago, Falcon197 said:

I figured.  Not looking to steal his thunder, either.  I've just been messing with A21 conversions for my current mod load and started off with Izayo's stuff to see how tough it'll be to get other stuff working, since a chunk of what I use is abandonware at this point.

A21 need  a newer version of unity  (I used 2020 version for A20  , A21 require 2021).  that's why the textures look like clay when you try to use my a20 mod in a21 mod.

7 hours ago, Izayo said:

A21 need  a newer version of unity  (I used 2020 version for A20  , A21 require 2021).  that's why the textures look like clay when you try to use my a20 mod in a21 mod.

Just wanted to say, so very happy you are updating these to A21, big fan of your work.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 1:02 AM, Izayo said:

Happy to see your still responding on this forum, checked right away to see if it was updated for A21. When it comes out you bet I'm adding it to my game. I've been using it for all of A20.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi.. I am confused about whether the various weapons mods associated with this developer (lzayo) are supposed to co-exist. For example, this mod shows that it adds some shotguns and 7.62 guns, among others. But lzayo also has an entirely separate mod just for shotguns. There is also a separate mod for 5.56 caliber guns.

Is this mod designed to be an alternative to those other mods or does the developer anticipate they will be used in tandem. I am currently using the 5.56 and shotgun mod and really like them. But then I saw this one, which also seems great, so now I am curious/confused.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there, was this ever updated for A21? I have downloaded both V3 and V2 Vanilla Expansion, tried them together, separately etc and it throws constant console errors when I load in to my A21.2 save... I downloaded the Izayo 9mm pack and that worked... 

22 hours ago, Nemo3777 said:

Hi there, was this ever updated for A21? I have downloaded both V3 and V2 Vanilla Expansion, tried them together, separately etc and it throws constant console errors when I load in to my A21.2 save... I downloaded the Izayo 9mm pack and that worked... 

no update for VE ,

• 3 weeks later...