Vanilla-Expansion Weapons pack (update v3)

Izayo

7 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

As long as they don't use the same names for items and only add to the vanilla game and don't take away, they should work at the same time.

Ammo will have issues as they are probably named differently between the mods.  You can either just deal with that (and find / craft both ammo) or you can create a modlet that will patch it so they use the same ammo.  If you go that route, you need to do the following:

1) Decide on which mod you will use the ammo from

2) Open that mod's item.xml file to see how that mod creator named their ammo

3) Create a modlet that loads up last with the following lines added (one for each weapon in the mod you are changing the ammo

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='X']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Magazine_items']/@value">Y</set>

where X is the item name of the gun and Y is the item name of the ammo you want to use with that gun.  If using multiple types of ammo, Y would be in this format

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='X']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Magazine_items']/@value">Y1,Y2,Y3</set>

This is an example in my mod where I changed the pipe rifle to only use ball ammo and lever action rifle was changed to 44 cal ammo

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='gunRifleT0PipeRifle']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Magazine_items']/@value">ammo762mmBulletBall</set>

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='gunRifleT2LeverActionRifle']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Magazine_items']/@value">ammo44MagnumBulletBall,ammo44MagnumBulletHP,ammo44MagnumBulletAP</set>

After that, you will probably also want to remove the unused ammo now from the recipes file, the loot file, and the trader file (so it doesn't show up in your world, you can leave it in the item file though)

Oh big thanks but its to hard for me. i chose first method and try play with both mods, ammo type

23 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I think Izayo is not working on his .30-06 mod anymore (or at least not right now) so it is not available via link.

FYI, z Lam's increased MOD slot 2 won't work with Izayo's mod as it was setup to change the mod slots for vanilla weapons and Tactical weapons mod.

You might try adding the following lines to the Lam's mod and it should (hopefully - I haven't tested it) change all of Izayo's guns to be the same as the others

<set xpath="/tems/item[starts-with(@name,'T0')]/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='ModSlots']/@value">1,2,3,4,5,6</set>
<set xpath="/tems/item[starts-with(@name,'T1')]/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='ModSlots']/@value">1,2,3,4,5,6</set>
<set xpath="/tems/item[starts-with(@name,'T2')]/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='ModSlots']/@value">1,2,3,4,5,6</set>
<set xpath="/tems/item[starts-with(@name,'T3')]/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='ModSlots']/@value">1,2,3,4,5,6</set>
<set xpath="/tems/item[starts-with(@name,'T4')]/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='ModSlots']/@value">1,2,3,4,5,6</set>

Im good doing?

H5H7DRS.md.png

2 minutes ago, biosdestruction said:

Im good doing?

H5H7DRS.md.png

Yes.  If you have any issues, it will probably be because I messed something up with the code.  When you boot up your game, hit F1 and watch the console for any error or warning messages that pop up when it loads

On 1/7/2023 at 3:48 AM, BFT2020 said:

Yes.  If you have any issues, it will probably be because I messed something up with the code.  When you boot up your game, hit F1 and watch the console for any error or warning messages that pop up when it loads

I think something wrong because i found Thomson 3 lvl and he have only 2 slots.. :(

<set xpath="/items/item/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='ModSlots'][@tier='1,2,3,4,5,6']/@value">1,2,3,4,5,6</set>

This work for me

Edited by biosdestruction (see edit history)

• Izayo changed the title to Vanilla-Expansion Weapons pack (update v3)
12 hours ago, WilliamTBear said:

downloaded and installed your latest update v3 but still unable to get 4x or 8x scope to work. have both files installed v2 and v3 as per install directions. 

some gun doesn't support x2 x4 x8 . I only fixed M141A it's a sniper rifle 

Edited by Izayo (see edit history)

12 hours ago, hbk32 said:

@Izayo

I have a question. can I combine your guns mods with each other? for example: Vanilla-Expansion Weapons Pack/with/5.56 Weapons Pack and with your other mods?

yes.  all the 4 packs can use with each other no problem.

(try not use .30-06 pack for now , I'm currently working on it)

I got the v2-v3, but the tiers don't get locked. As soon as I put 1 point in a related skill, for example: boomstick, I unlock all of the shotguns at once

Also, is it normal to only be able to craft a lvl 1 pipe magnum, even if I put 3 points in pistols, I cannot craft a better one. I can buy/find one, but not craft one

Edited by OverlordMateus (see edit history)

Hello i have a question if some one can help me

me and my friends are playing on Apocalypse Now Mod but realy love this weapon mods the 45acp the 5.56 and Vanila exp weapon pack but for some reason cannot implement them so they can be crafted higher then level 1 any one can help please.

Thanks

20 minutes ago, BlackJackDied said:

Hello i have a question if some one can help me

me and my friends are playing on Apocalypse Now Mod but realy love this weapon mods the 45acp the 5.56 and Vanila exp weapon pack but for some reason cannot implement them so they can be crafted higher then level 1 any one can help please.

Thanks

Apocalypse Now is an overhaul mod which affects a lot of the components of the game, including progression and crafting.  This mod is meant for the vanilla version.  In order to get this mod to work with Apocalypse Now, you are going to need to create a patch.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:35 PM, OverlordMateus said:

I got the v2-v3, but the tiers don't get locked. As soon as I put 1 point in a related skill, for example: boomstick, I unlock all of the shotguns at once

Also, is it normal to only be able to craft a lvl 1 pipe magnum, even if I put 3 points in pistols, I cannot craft a better one. I can buy/find one, but not craft one

Not sure if the mod creator got back with you, but I think I see why the shotguns are unlocking at tier 1 (it actually affects all weapon unlocks)

This is the code that he has now

<append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkBoomstick']/effect_group">
        <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1,5" value="2" tags="T1shotgunM31"/>
    </append>

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1,5" value="2" tags="T2shotgun870police"/>
    </append>

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1,5" value="3" tags="T3shotgunM4terminator"/>
    </append>

I haven't tried it yet (at work), but I think he needed to do this instead to lock into tiers (this follows the structure in the Advanced Engineering perk that has recipe unlocks at different perk levels).

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="2,5" value="1" tags="T1shotgunM31"/>
        <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="2,5" value="1" tags="T2shotgun870police"/>
        <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="3,5" value="1" tags="T3shotgunM4terminator"/>
    </append>

I believe the value is just 0 or not 0 (typically used as 1).  To limit what levels the recipe is unlocked at, you have to setup level with the first number being the perk level to unlock.

Not sure on the T0 magnum, I looked at the code and nothing jumped out yet on why you can't craft higher than Q1.  It looks like it has been setup to craft higher levels, but I haven't found anything that would prevent you from doing so (yet).

I think I figured it out the issue with Q1 T0 Magnum.  In the recipes file, the T0Magnum recipe doesn't have the perkGunslinger tag added to it.  The T0PipePistol does and I think it is from the recipe file where it learns what perk it needs to reference in progression to determine quality level.

Still, this is just based on reading the code and not actually trying it out in game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tier3「AR-M9」の9mmにバグがあると思います。
AR-M9にサイトやマガジンなどの改造パーツを付けてもダメージが上がらない。
他の銃も問題なく増えています。
翻訳サイトを経由しているので、文章が下手かもしれません。

7 hours ago, Makino said:

Tier3「AR-M9」の9mmにバグがあると思います。
AR-M9にサイトやマガジンなどの改造パーツを付けてもダメージが上がらない。
他の銃も問題なく増えています。
翻訳サイトを経由しているので、文章が下手かもしれません。

There is probably a missing line in the items.xml file about mod power bonus boost for that weapon (if the others are working fine).  I am at work so I can't check it right now, but will look into it later.  Can probably create a patch to add that if the mod author is not already doing so.

Typically what you are looking for is the following line if the effects group node on the weapon which tells the game to add a 10% damage increase for each mod added to the item.

<passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="perc_add" value=".10" tags="EntityDamage,BlockDamage"/>

• 2 weeks later...

His game is missing assets that a mod added.

Is he playing on a server?  If so, he needs to have the mod also installed on his end since it adds new assets.

Is the mod installed correctly on his machine?  Has he tried to reinstall the mod?

Other than that, we can only guess as a screenshot doesn't give enough information that a logfile would