Dont run

Zeds set to walk, difficulty set to survivorlist

No ferals and yet they run. All of this is a just a few in game hours, GS is at it's lowest so it is not that. Oh well time to switch

If I remember correctly, there's several zombie movement options... day time speed, night time speed, feral speed and I think even blood moon speed. Make sure to set all of them to your preference. Also, I think even with ferals disabled, you still get them in POIs.

There is feral as a setting that makes all zombies more sensitive to your presence from a lot further away and then there is feral as a zombie type. "Disabling ferals" does not remove the zombie type from the game. It simply disables that mode so that all zombies have regular sensitivity.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

Are they running when you first see them or after you hit them?

There is a rage mode mechanic which will have a chance of making zombies run after taking damage. This happens even if you have all zombies set to walk.

On the lowest difficulty setting, there is no rage mode, so if you bump the difficulty down, it will no longer happen.

7 hours ago, Roland said:

There is feral as a setting that makes all zombies more sensitive to your presence from a lot further away and then there is feral as a zombie type. "Disabling ferals" does not remove the zombie type from the game. It simply disables that mode so that all zombies have regular sensitivity.

Ah, ok. I learned something today. Thanks

One or two agroo'ed on me after a wooden club to the head. Yes I know about rage mode.

They start to run when they see me. The settings concerning the daytime speed is set to walk and feral sense is off.

They are not feral, no glowy eyes. Which BTW can be creepy at night when they run at you through fog.

I may have said, I am playing on  survivalist and this happend at about noon on day one.

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

One or two agroo'ed on me after a wooden club to the head. Yes I know about rage mode.

They start to run when they see me. The settings concerning the daytime speed is set to walk and feral sense is off.

They are not feral, no glowy eyes. Which BTW can be creepy at night when they run at you through fog.

I may have said, I am playing on  survivalist and this happend at about noon on day one.

Did it happen indoors or under a shaded area? Pretty sure it's based on light levels, not time of day. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though. But my sister complains about that all the time how they charge at her sometimes in certain places, although it might also just relate to her crappy internet when connected to me.

Edited by Fox (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Fox said:

Pretty sure it's based on light levels, not time of day. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though.

Consider yourself corrected, light levels affecting speed was waaay back when. I never saw it and I think I joined in .. A14? Maybe earlier, the crafting grid was still a thing back then.

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Consider yourself corrected, light levels affecting speed was waaay back when. I never saw it and I think I joined in .. A14? Maybe earlier, the crafting grid was still a thing back then.

Ya, that's the problem with kickstarting games... it starts to get confusing after several years with random things changing and especially when they're not mentioned in the update notes and no one talks about them.

I do know some zombies occasionally seem to run despite walk / jog settings at least for my sister as a client but it's never happened to me as the host. She wines about it all the time, so I know that's a thing, I guess I'm just not sure why anymore other than I know she has a terrible internet connection.

5 minutes ago, Fox said:

I'm just not sure why anymore other than I know she has a terrible internet connection.

It might well be rubberbanding then, although that doesn't Look like running, just sliding. I've not played on other people's computer since ages though so I don't know how it looks now.

Another explanation could be the rage mode from zombie-self-inflicted damage, but this is really rare, fall damage, traps, cacti, etc.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

And now they do not run, several restarts/power off's, a lot of bad language like golly gosh and now no problems.

Good.

But just to be sure, have you previously ever played with mods? If yes, check your Mods folder and delete anything in there that shouldn't be in there (on all PCs used for playing that savegame).

Talking of mods, I have a few mod folders. Gor the mod I am not using I normally rename that mod folder something like this.

If I am playing Darkness Falls and I wish to play a different Mod, for example Undead Legacy.

1)  I will rename the Mods folder that has darkness falls bits in it to mods.df

2) Undead legacy has been rename to Mods.ul already and it will now be renamed Mods

Rename your current Mods folder to Mods.Abbreviation so you know what is in it.

As I do not use the mod launcher I manually use a dual pane file manager.

This post might be in the wrong are, moerator if it is sorry and can please move it, many thanks

2 hours ago, Phil said:

This post might be in the wrong are, moerator if it is sorry and can please move it, many thanks

Well....this is your thread so nobody will take you to task for derailing your own subject ;)

Glad they started walking properly for you. There must have been some kind of remnant code that needed to be cleaned out. Either that or it was your bad language. The game is pretty sensitive.