Guppy's Fire Mod

Guppycur

mod doesnt seem to be working properly

i used a flame thrower on a wooden house and it aint spreading flames, only thing that works is burning zombies

edit: it works, i downloaded a outdated version of one of the dependencies, so i got it from your mod page. love the mod! 

Edited by adamolanza
correction (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, so am using this mod on my server, but its almost impossible to extinguish a fire on a server, because it will continue burning even if you put everything off, together with sorcery its impossible to keep wooden building intact, you might have a idea?
I would like to be able to extinguish fires, but it doesn't work... the wooden building still get damage & will collapse.

You could increase the range on the extinguisher, but I dunno how much help it would be.  The issue is, sorcery has a lot of things that blow stuff up... 

You could shoot a fireball into a room, and catch the *next* room on fire and not even realize it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm having an issue with fire on my server.  It's me and my wife playing, she's going my game to play, and I can see the fire perfectly but all she can see is pillars of smoke coming off blocks that are on fire.  I'm not sure if it's a setting somewhere that is not right or if something else is causing the issue.  We both have the mod installed correctly from what I can tell so I was hoping someone would be able to help us figure out what we did wrong.  

1 hour ago, vonerich said:

The "Primary Player Log File" indicates an older version of 0-SCore is being used.

Okay that's a little odd because that's the one that is working properly.  Could the newest version have caused an issue or could it be that since I'm using an older version and she's joining my game it's causing hers to mess up?  Sorry I'm a total noob when it comes to all this modding and such lol.  I'll update mine and give it another shot and see if that fixes it.  Thanks for the help.

• 3 months later...

First, you definitely want to be using the a21 version that's posted in another post.

Secondly, give all the zeds a cvar called NoSpawnOnDeath and set it to 1.

Alternatively, find this bit here in entityclasses and comment it out or delete it.

<append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class">
		<property name="SpawnOnDeath" value="SpawnNothing" />
	</append>

...either should work.  I think.  Not really something I looked into.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Valanthriel said:

Guppy I've noticed your mod has been removed from the Github. Needless to say, your Fire Extinguisher works, but it's unrepairable, and scrapping it gives you hundreds of C02 Ammo for some reason.

New git link, first post. 

... material probably needs an update on the extinguisher. :)

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

New git link, first post. 

... material probably needs an update on the extinguisher. :)

You responded way faster then I expected you to xD. I'll check it out now, thanks :)

Edit: I've clicked on the link, but it says "gupFireMod" did not exist on "master" on the top. I've manually scrolled and checked through each one but the closest thing is the Fireworks mod. Am I missing something?

Edit 2: I see it's in the "Defunct" folder now. I'm downloading it now.

Edited by Valanthriel (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

No, that's still the wrong one.  Hang on a sec. 

...ah I see, this isn't even the right thread.  Lol, my bad.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/32799-guppy-mods-a21/#comments

Looks like we're headed in the right direction :D

Downloading it now and giving it a shot!

Edit: Interesting. I'm getting the exact same results. I use the Fire Extinguisher, and it just breaks really fast. You can't repair it still, and it has 960 C02 ammo loaded into it. Scrapping it gives you all that ammo. How are you supposed to repair the fire extinguisher normally?

Edit 2: I managed to fix repairing it. I went into "items.xml" and found 

<property name="RepairTools" value="RepairKitAutomaticRifles"/>

I then replaced it with; 

<property name="RepairTools" value="resourceRepairKit"/>

and that did the trick.

I don't know how to reduce its ammo drastically down or how to stop it from breaking after 10 uses... But I'll keep having a look into it.

Edit 3: After a bit of tweaking, I changed the degration rate here;

<passive_effect name="DegradationMax" operation="base_set" value="1000,22" tier="1,6"/>
<passive_effect name="DegradationPerUse" operation="base_set" value="1"/>

And I double checked and since CO2 isn't used for anything else, it's safe to assume that possessing CO2 is only useful for other Fire Extinguishers. I changed the stack size from 50 to 1000.

Since it degrades at 1 per use and the degradation max has been increased (at least) to a 1000, I think it's reasonable to now have the ammo be in a stack of 1000. What was your original goal/purpose for having it in stacks of 50?

29 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Yeh the degradation use was intentional, the repair was not.  Nothing should repair it.  

I'm guessing it's not suppose to really 'reload' either, is it? I managed to change its clip to starting with 1000 (as opposed to 60 and then having to reload each time).

I've also noticed that the bucket of water can't be refilled, because to refill it, it needs to be 'repaired', but there is no repair option if it can't degrade.

Edit: I've made some tweaks and adjustments. 1000 ammo, 1000 degration max, 1 degrade per use. Cannot repair it once again. Added on the description that it cannot be repaired to make it clear, but that it can be scrapped. Otherwise, it relatively sounds like it's fixed, right?

If you're interested in the XML and Localization file, I'll upload it here. Otherwise if you just want the parts I edited, I can give you that instead.

I'll have a look at the water bucket, but I fill like that's a separate issue entirely.