Issues with terain.

HB_H4wk

Just curious to find out if my server is the only one experiencing these issues with terrain missing around or under the vanilla prefabs, I know the devs are busy creating new issues for server owners and working on the player armor. The map is RWG and no the biomes have not been modified. Some days this game feels like a fricking Landscaping Simulator, it's getting rather tiresome.

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2022.07.02 - 17.14.59.06.png

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2022.07.02 - 17.26.32.28.png

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2022.07.02 - 17.39.46.91.png

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2022.07.02 - 17.45.09.47.png

That´s not a bug. Never seen this as an issue tbh. How many buildings do you demolish per playtrough that this is a problem? And why so many that this get´s tiresome?

We do demolish one or two buildings in MP so we have enough room for our base, in SP i basically never do this.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

9 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

That´s not a bug.

I assumed that the POIs are spawning that way based on the OP; I don't know. That would most definitely be a bug, and even if it's just an issue with SI as you seem to be thinking, it would still be a bug.

I don't really have much help to offer; chunk reset from dm might rebuild it properly, or if it is an SI issue, recalc stability from the dm-esc menu might prompt a collapse.

I can't say whether this is normal or not because I lately only used the pregenerated worlds, but I would doubt it.

Possible other causes might be that you still have stuff from older alphas in the games folder, either mods or actual game files that steam didn't delete. Yes, that did happen, steam seems not free of bugs as well. I would recommend deleting the whole game directory and loading it again from steam.

Have you checked the logfile of the session where you created that world? Maybe there are errors in there that would tell you where the problem lies.

47 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I can't say whether this is normal or not because I lately only used the pregenerated worlds, but I would doubt it.

Possible other causes might be that you still have stuff from older alphas in the games folder, either mods or actual game files that steam didn't delete. Yes, that did happen, steam seems not free of bugs as well. I would recommend deleting the whole game directory and loading it again from steam.

Have you checked the logfile of the session where you created that world? Maybe there are errors in there that would tell you where the problem lies.

I made sure to wipe all of the server before updating to A20.

6 hours ago, Jinx_DG said:

Are those trees floating in that last pic? 

Yup, it looks like one of those new little hill POIs, no buildings, just a terrain hill, couple zeds and some bags. If the terrain doesn't load in, that's likely what it would look like.

You should do full wipe and clean install on whatever machine generated this map. This looks like the results of generating with an old or corrupted game. With several hundred hours in A20, dozens of maps made, I have never seen this or any significant terrain oddities in my game. RWG is better than ever, IMO.

15 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

I made sure to wipe all of the server before updating to A20.

...and then generated new map on those clean files?

If so, I don't know what to tell you. I would bet money this is install-related. Your result is not at all typical for the current RWG.

On 7/4/2022 at 1:15 PM, meganoth said:

true i tend to stick to the pregen worlds too as the RWG is broken AF

3 hours ago, Jason Tamosiunis said:

I'm not sure it is. PREGENs are just more convenient and last easily until the next alpha.

When RWG was really broken (in A16 and A17 especially), the forum was filled with pictures of broken areas reported by players.  And RWG was a recurrent topic.

Now there is almost nothing. This is the first thread about RWG in a long time. Which makes it unlikely that RWG is generally broken.

If it is a bug it only happens on a very narrow hardware configuration or specific GPU driver version (GPU drivers are filled with bugs). But there is also a good chance this is left over configuration from a previous alpha or some installation problem.

8 hours ago, Jason Tamosiunis said:

I'd like to know more. I spend a lot of time generating worlds with RWG and try to get to know its quirks. I'm curious what you're seeing.

I don't want to derail or hijack this thread, so I don't mind a direct message if you think that is best.

19 hours ago, meganoth said:

I'm not sure it is. PREGENs are just more convenient and last easily until the next alpha.

When RWG was really broken (in A16 and A17 especially), the forum was filled with pictures of broken areas reported by players.  And RWG was a recurrent topic.

Now there is almost nothing. This is the first thread about RWG in a long time. Which makes it unlikely that RWG is generally broken.

If it is a bug it only happens on a very narrow hardware configuration or specific GPU driver version (GPU drivers are filled with bugs). But there is also a good chance this is left over configuration from a previous alpha or some installation problem.

then again it may just be bad luck on my part too XD

14 hours ago, zztong said:

I'd like to know more. I spend a lot of time generating worlds with RWG and try to get to know its quirks. I'm curious what you're seeing.

I don't want to derail or hijack this thread, so I don't mind a direct message if you think that is best.

12 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

That's not even close to true.

it may just be bad luck on my part too XD

7 hours ago, Jason Tamosiunis said:

Perhaps. There are quirks and bugs. For instance, (1) you can get roads through lakes, (2) roads running parallel to each other, and (3) Parts that extend underground can end up filled with stone.

I was just curious if you'd seen something I'd not. Sometimes, I can try to provide some relief in my modlet. For instance, a number of people have spotted the repetition of a rural tile that has a small lake beside a bend in the road. That isn't a bug, but speaks to an opportunity for more content.

3 hours ago, zztong said:

Perhaps. There are quirks and bugs. For instance, (1) you can get roads through lakes, (2) roads running parallel to each other, and (3) Parts that extend underground can end up filled with stone.

I was just curious if you'd seen something I'd not. Sometimes, I can try to provide some relief in my modlet. For instance, a number of people have spotted the repetition of a rural tile that has a small lake beside a bend in the road. That isn't a bug, but speaks to an opportunity for more content.

While RWG is leagues ahead of where it was in A19, this is probably my biggest gripe. Despite the improvements made, there is still very noticeable repetition. Hopefully they continue to design more filler tiles that can be used in areas like this.

4 hours ago, Syphon583 said:

Hopefully they continue to design more filler tiles that can be used in areas like this.

Any of us can do Tiles. My workbench has a few rural district tiles on it right now, mostly because I noticed all cities and towns were wrapped by rural tiles, so RWG uses them a lot. (That will be the ZZ010 release, sometime in the future.)

The ZZ009 release targeted the Gateway Tile because folks spend a lot of time near Traders and the trader tiles were starting to look repetitive to me. That release is a couple of weeks old.

What Tiles are needed? I'm open to suggestions.