A20.5 EXP

Hated

Hello everyone!

Please take your time and have a look at the new EXP build.

This build tackles several reasons that did cause crashes for some users.

We are seeing reports of the Discord overlay potentially crashing the game, please read here.

We hope in this EXP build, everyone can play again.

If you are still crashing, please take your time to report a bug, after reading this: 

If you still crash before the game starts, we would need your launcher.log and the anticheatlauncher.log.

Please provide them in a bug report following the link above.

To participate:

1. right click on the game in steam 

2. click on properties

3. click the "betas" tab

4. the drop down menu will have latest_experimental available   ← you want THAT

5. select that and wait for the game to download.

Changelog:

A20.5 b2

Added 

• Server browser now shows warning when results hit the search limit 
  • Localization files are tested for a valid header line and show appropriate errors 

Changed 

• Removed EAC compatibility warning on Windows 11

Fixed 

• Voice comms fail for player who was voiced in multi player party who then leaves game to main menu then rejoins game and party 
  • Voice chat fails to initiate for latest joiner to the party 
  • EAC error after entering server password 
  • Reenabled player reporting 
  • UserDataFolder and SaveGameFolder did not allow gamedir relative paths 
  • PartSpawn in POI Marker doesn't pull parts from mod folders 
  • XUi FilledSprite view not properly updating on position changes 
  • Drone causing excess data in player data .ttp file on dedi 

Edited by Hated (see edit history)

• Hated unlocked this topic

Thank you kind people. You actually did fix the dreaded drone from hell error. I would like to report something strange is going in with chunks though. I have tested in navesgane and a RWG and the game keeps claiming a chunk is missing. What confuses me is I go to the location is the chunk is there in its entirety and everything in the chunk works fine. Its in yellow text so I am just going to ignore it. I just thought it should be addressed. (Note I am on a dedicated server running a20.5b2 EXP log won't help because it doesn't actually tell us why that is happening and nothing stands out.)

21 minutes ago, taoshao said:

Hello, I recently and friends online for a few days after will archive collapse problems, show the Exc NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an Object how to solve

Please do not double post and please post in "General Support" for this type of question.

This error comes up in for hundreds of problems. Usually it means there is something wrong with your savegame.

You could post your logfile to Pastebin and link to it in a post in "General Support", then people here might be able to help you.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Howlune said:

Any multiplayer performance updates? :) Like not having this horrible lag with more than 15 people on a server we didnt have in a20.3? Does this have to do with epic/gamepass stuff?

So I am investigating an issue. What happens if you play multiplayer but not party up? I am almost always getting 60fps. But can get as low as 30. Here is my setup. Tell me if it helps you. 

Try not partying up - I think I see small pattern with lag spikes related to mp sync in party. (Note I get 60fps only when not partied up also I have a mod which removes loot bags and corpses after 30 secs.)

7DaysToDie_CByKG14ltu.png

7DaysToDie_fgWrJ2zcBf.png

7DaysToDie_ijYWP8YgGg.png

Edited by P3rf3ctVZer0 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

So I am investigating an issue. What happens if you play multiplayer but not party up? I am almost always getting 60fps. But can get as low as 30. Here is my setup. Tell me if it helps you. 

Try not partying up - I think I see small pattern with lag spikes related to mp sync in party. (Note I get 60fps only when not partied up also I have a mod which removes loot bags and corpses after 30 secs.)

Nothing to do with client FPS. I'm talking about netcode, or whatever they added or changed in 20.4 that made the netcode go from bad to worse.

From what I can see it is entangled - frames across board seem more stable when not partying and unfortunately I don't quite understand the problem you have with the netcode. I personally I have not experienced what I would call netcode issues. I am basing my findings on performance dips and rises and I am also noticing a pattern with partied vs just allies. I am running additional party tests today actually.

My findings uncovered two things.

Lag in party is greatly affected by kill distance exp share. No lag for 1000M or 1 km

All players across board experience hiccups based on Zombie spawning.

More people would mean more zombie sleepers spawning

Deduction - figure out how to spawn zombies with triggering hiccups. This would effectively fix 60% or more of lag spikes in game. Preloading takes too much ram and the current system as long as you don't have a large scale server seems to at least be effective.

Edited by P3rf3ctVZer0 (see edit history)

a profile "fixer" is needed badly, going from 20.3 to 20.4 caused the ttp issue, now in 20.5 with the "fix" theres a bunch of profiles that wont load or just straight up crash the server. resetting profiles is just no option.

you cant import them all to single player to run that super secret fixing algorithm, theres quite a few.  how about implementing it in dedicated servers aswell? or at least make a external program that converts them.

On 5/10/2022 at 5:23 PM, Code6 said:

I will have to do some more testing.  I am running the latest stable version.  The only mod I have installed is the one that I made myself, but all it does it change the Localization.txt to Esperanto as well as the menu picture.  I sure hope it is not my mod, but I will remove it and test.  Thanks for the feedback.

I removed all mods and the problem still persists.  I would be surprised if I was the only one experiencing this.

I included a few pictures to demonstrate.

1. two writeable storage boxes with no labels

2. labeled the first as "first"

3. go to the second box which still has no label

4.  when I go to edit it, the text from the previous box is already prefilled.  (This behavior is the same even if the second box had text on it.)

20220520205814_1.jpg

20220520205832_1.jpg

20220520205836_1.jpg

20220520205841_1.jpg

• Roland locked this topic