error Memory stream is not expandable

starinfo

1 minute ago, meganoth said:

Did only happen to me before I turned off dynamic meshes. But there have been people posting in General Support with similar problems (and a friend of mine might have that problem as well).

I don't know if TFP has reproduced this problem already on their own machines (which would be necessary for them to find the source of the problem). It may be a problem that only happens with very specific configurations and settings. The only other advice I can give is to remove any additional graphics management software for your machine (if you are on windows).  Sometimes settings in there seem to be a problem. But I'm essentially fishing in the dark.

Unfortunately, there are no additional settings in the system.
The processor is overclocked to 4.3GHz, but it does not matter, since the problem is with the video card.
And on a machine where it costs 590, the processor is 1600x without any overclocking and the behavior is exactly the same.
Those. the problem is not that.
Windows 11 and Windows 10 system also does not affect

4 minutes ago, starinfo said:

Unfortunately, there are no additional settings in the system.
The processor is overclocked to 4.3GHz, but it does not matter, since the problem is with the video card.
And on a machine where it costs 590, the processor is 1600x without any overclocking and the behavior is exactly the same.
Those. the problem is not that.
Windows 11 and Windows 10 system also does not affect

1) Find out when those drops happen reliably.

2) Post a logfile (to Pastebin and post link to it here) where you make those drops happen, and post the times it happens.

Maybe someone finds a hint here about the cause.

9 minutes ago, meganoth said:

1) Find out when those drops happen reliably.

2) Post a logfile (to Pastebin and post link to it here) where you make those drops happen, and post the times it happens.

Maybe someone finds a hint here about the cause.

This is the least of the problems
At the moment, there is a problem with Memory stream is not expandable
After 20-25 May, we will try to create a new world, but every time it is not interesting to play in the new world

i got same error 2x .. once on my own dedicated.. and once on someone elses..  you have to play a long time to get the error.. the fix is delete the drone files in the save folder  under user/username/apps .. path to server /   deleting the drone bak and main files in the saves solved the problem.. evidently those files got packed full of junk and exceeded file size causing the error.  also in this version.. DO NOT USE A DRONE or you'll eventually crash YOUR game on whatever server your playing on.  don't even pick one up  anyway deleting the drone files in server fixed it for my dedicated.. i cant find the other server admin to ask him to delete his so i can go back to that game.  pimps said they know about this and have fixed it and it will be released in next patch.

ok   game worked fine after i delted drones from saves (not in steam folder but in c drive under users/ [yourusername]/ appdata / roaming.. 7d2d  find the save folder for your game world (server)   after i deleted the >2Mb  drones file.. the game worked fine.. but then  it has crashed .. so i go back and check the saves folder cus i havent used a drone..and this time it was decorations that was over 2Mb so delete that and the game works fine again..  so the problem seems to be any file in your saves that is over 2 Mb.. what ever is writing there is writing excess junk or not doing clean up.. and making excessive file sizes.  so far (renaming) decorations hasnt shown effect in game.. deleting drones didnt seem to effect much either cept i lost my drone.  but this problem seems to be more than just one file  its prob every file that is written to in saves.

14 hours ago, thornnnn said:

i got same error 2x .. once on my own dedicated.. and once on someone elses..  you have to play a long time to get the error.. the fix is delete the drone files in the save folder  under user/username/apps .. path to server /   deleting the drone bak and main files in the saves solved the problem.. evidently those files got packed full of junk and exceeded file size causing the error.  also in this version.. DO NOT USE A DRONE or you'll eventually crash YOUR game on whatever server your playing on.  don't even pick one up  anyway deleting the drone files in server fixed it for my dedicated.. i cant find the other server admin to ask him to delete his so i can go back to that game.  pimps said they know about this and have fixed it and it will be released in next patch.

Deleting the file did not help, the user still could not connect, a new drone file was automatically created

8 hours ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

Upgrade to a20.5b2 EXP that issue is gone.

After the update, no changes are observed on an existing server, the game is still unavailable, the update is about nothing

We started playing a new game, so far everything is ok, but only on the 9th day
Problems started after the 12th, so everything is ahead

15 hours ago, starinfo said:

Oh sure.
Every time I launch a game, I create a new one, profit

Well, the alternative is to always use one of the pregenerated worlds. Because then you always automatically get an updated world if the way the world is described on disk changes.

25 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Well, the alternative is to always use one of the pregenerated worlds. Because then you always automatically get an updated world if the way the world is described on disk changes.

didn't understand anything, but very interesting
but I will tell you my opinion, I like to create a world and develop in it, download lvl, complete tasks
Am I doing something wrong?

2 hours ago, starinfo said:

didn't understand anything, but very interesting
but I will tell you my opinion, I like to create a world and develop in it, download lvl, complete tasks
Am I doing something wrong?

No, but if you LIKE creating a world, then it should be no problem doing it whenever you want to play in a different alpha version.

Everything is fine if you use a world in the same alpha you created it. Often it is also fine if you use it in a later minor version, i.e. a world created with alpha20.2 will usually work in alpha20.4, but that isn't guaranteed anymore.

Very important is that you always use a new Game Name for every new game you start. You can use Game Worlds multiple times (if their version matches), but never ever use the same Game Name

image.thumb.png.27ff147582c219cda41224448490fba6.png

I installed PTX2070 for the test, and the same problem, ultra, high, middle I set the averages according to presets and it cannot load the video card.
What is it connected with?
The monitor is 144Hz, there is enough performance, where is the 100% load on the video card?

image.png.49b72ee85f463978859b318bf7127078.png

It's ultra low as I played it at 1060
the last value that is shown, 0, is the fan speed of the video card, it's so bad that the video card doesn't even need to turn on the cooling fans
no verticals are included, yes, 2070 is already an old video card, I understand
but how can that be?
why if you run 3dmark 2001 it will not lag, on the contrary there will be sky-high values, what is wrong with the game?

The game is hard on the cpu and ram, not so with gpu. Increase your settings and watch cpu & ram usage goes up. Though this has nothing to do with the threads topic which was a bug that’s been fixed with A20.5b2

10 minutes ago, Star69 said:

The game is hard on the cpu and ram, not so with gpu. Increase your settings and watch cpu & ram usage goes up. Though this has nothing to do with the threads topic which was a bug that’s been fixed with A20.5b2

those. the game is so demanding that a ryzen 3600 overclocked to 4.3, 32 ram 3200 frequency, dedicated ssd samsung 970 evo plus and 2070 may not be enough to play at 60 fps on ultra-minimal settings?
I see that there is no load on the video card and for this reason a drawdown of 30-40 fps, while the load on the video card drops to ridiculous values
I check for 590, 1060 and 2070
the same behavior through the GFN service from nvidia

I don’t know what bugs are fixed there, it’s all fairy tales

9 hours ago, Jugginator said:

The topic is about a bug that was fixed, not performance. To avoid confusion please start a new thread if you wish to get help for performance issues.

I already did, what's the point?
https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/28525-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%BA%D0%B0-%D1% 84%D0%BF%D1%81-fps-drawdown/
I thought here for users. what would they read and think, buy this game or return it out of harm's way

6 hours ago, starinfo said:

And play less than 30 fps in a shooter?

No, to prevent the screen showing the squares you said you see when it changes resolution.

Your FPS issue has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. If you want help with that issue

please use your other thread, or start a new one. I get >100 FPS with a 1060 6G, so I'm confident

your problem can be found.

10 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

No, to prevent the screen showing the squares you said you see when it changes resolution.

Your FPS issue has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. If you want help with that issue

please use your other thread, or start a new one. I get >100 FPS with a 1060 6G, so I'm confident

your problem can be found.

Yesterday I managed to invite a person with an Intel Core I5 12600, 32 ram and rth3050, and even in difficult scenes his frame rate dropped to 45. But he just started playing, let's try to see what happens in the future.
I noticed that users on the AMD platform have problems with fps, maybe this is my subjective opinion, but I see a lack of optimization in the game.
Yesterday I recorded a video, it probably makes no sense to fix it, where the FPS on the counter ranges from 6 to 24 when performing a task, and again the video card does not show any load.

Archived