(A20) Oakraven Forest Collection

arramus

Update to Chicken Coop:

Chicken vocalisation volume reduction when harvesting Coop.

12 hours ago, Faith_Of_Sin said:

Hello and thank you for the mods!
We installed some of them on our server, they are very nice :)
There is just one thing I would like to mention - we noticed that the chicken-sound of the chicken coops when harvesting is veeeeeeery loud. Too loud in our mind. Maybe we are not the only people who noticed that, just wanted to drop this here :)

The Chicken Coops have been uploaded with a quieter Coop harvest sound.

1 hour ago, swmeek said:

When you have time would you lower the drip noise or the amount of times it makes the dripping noise on the standpipes.

Please and Thank you

I checked the ig Nobles website for a paper on 'The optimum drip frequency and volume to avoid localised annoyance' but didn't get any hits.

I do recall a discussion on how telephone ring tones were set at a frequency and tone to be the most annoying. I'm sure Oakraven can possibly test a range with a willing participant.

Here is an update for the Oakraven Work Stations mod.

The Oakraven Cement Mixer (alongside the regular Cement Mixer)

20220730213539_1.thumb.jpg.4d3abd2f82bb01a6ea0fb425a22c4eaf.jpg

It has all the features of a regular cement mixer and takes the same amount of time to craft. It also unlocks with Skill 2 of Advanced Engineering and receives the 20% speed buff at this point.

One additional feature is does have is the ability to craft Concrete Stacks (1000) with a 20% reduction in resources. The 20% reduction in resources also impacts the overall craft time with a further 20% reduction.

The regular Cement Mixer at Skill 2 for Advanced Engineering requires 29:20 for 1000 concrete.

20220730213926_1.thumb.jpg.210e712e7a1d5f612fbd5afb26f18da6.jpg

The same applies for the Oakraven Cement Mixer.

20220730213917_1.thumb.jpg.991fa5fd7e2227f91ac6c0197eca604f.jpg

The Oakraven Cement Mixer stacked bundle of 1000 drops to 23:28

20220730213942_1.thumb.jpg.a85385476fb36db6cebc1cbef29d475c.jpg

The trade off is replacing iron ingots for steel ingots as the primary crafting resource. We hope this provides a balanced increase in efficiency and resource management. You'll see Oakraven has added the full concrete bucket to show when the Cement Mixer is producing. This should add further quality of life to the Oakraven Forest Collection without going overboard. Schematics are not hooked up for the Work Station items and have been removed. A21 appears to be removing schematics beyond mod crafting and this sets up this mod for that time.

20220730214003_1.thumb.jpg.e2d3c35597630e1fa2f0751960d68400.jpg

8 hours ago, swmeek said:

When you have time would you lower the drip noise or the amount of times it makes the dripping noise on the standpipes.

Please and Thank you

The Water Wells mod has been updated and pushed to Moddb with a reduction in sound for the dripping sounds.

In addition, optimisation has reduced the file size by about 30mb.

2 hours ago, arramus said:

The Water Wells mod has been updated and pushed to Moddb with a reduction in sound for the dripping sounds.

In addition, optimisation has reduced the file size by about 30mb.

Thanks a bunch Arramus ! 

Pushed a small fixed to the Cooking Stations for a blender recipe for Red Tea that required the Cooking Pot. The dependency has been removed.

It was picked up by a player in the Modpack version and has been pushed to both builds.

You use the chicks to craft the coop and then place it and wait for it to finish and then harvest it and it repeats again.

Bad thing is I find so many chicks (probly because of a mod I use that gives higher feather and egg loot that I have chicks running out of my ears.

A version that didn't require chicks to craft them but to start them off would be more feasible as would an egg incubator that would allow you to hatch eggs to get more chicks.

1 hour ago, Glk2814 said:

I can't craft them with chicks. Is there a screenshot of what the crafting looks like. All I can use the baby chicks in is chicken nuggets

Here is a comprehensive video from @wickidaurazgaming

The mention of chicks in baby nuggets suggests a different mod as this mod does not have such a recipe.

12 hours ago, Glk2814 said:

I can't craft them with chicks. Is there a screenshot of what the crafting looks like. All I can use the baby chicks in is chicken nuggets

Place down your coop. . .put the chick in your quick bar, look at the coop, right click. . .done. 

Pretty sure you need two chicks per coop to get them started. 

Pushed a small update to one of the Fabbers POIs from the Compo Pack.

Pound Store (by Mute) was missing a Quest Rally Marker to start the quest.
This sometimes happens with some of the updated POIs which didn't use the Quest Rally Marker in the past and just need it adding for compliance. It has been reported to the CP team and it should be added to CP 48.3 or otherwise. At that point, we shall update the whole pack to the most recent version. The Fabbers POIs have not been touched in any way apart from this small fix since they fit in perfectly with the Modpack theme.

20220805011610_1.thumb.jpg.790483749aa559f319428bebf00356bf.jpg

It's placed close to the flashlight marker, and the first zombies should not stir until you activate and head on in.

20220806155150_1.jpg

A small update for the Forest Collection.

The Oakraven Work Stations Mod has been updated as follows:

The forge is 3 blocks across, and takes a lot of space. It is also not practical to place forges above it.

To balance it a little more, this update gives it 5 crafting slots, 3 input slots, and 6 output slots.

3 layouts were tested and this one seemed the most efficient and user friendly.

The 5 crafting slots can allow for 5 unique items which can be placed in 5 unique output slots. The remaining slot is helpful to store wood/coal for burning.

20220806085511_1.thumb.jpg.e71ef6b1f0a480c72470f84424653bf0.jpg

A small update for the Workstations.

The Tatarin Forge has been added to the Worstations. It is a compact single block type that still benefits from the 3 block input.

20220807145907_1.thumb.jpg.dd6cc5ae8d6bc616eb0f6d09b808bc8b.jpg

The active stage has some smoke and light for context.

20220807140757_1.thumb.jpg.b7e5937b02dee6fb20baf86b35fef090.jpg

1 hour ago, swmeek said:

OOOH what happened to workstations 10 ?

It jumped from V9 that I downloaded last night to V11 ! 

That model looks great too! 

It has been uploaded again to V.12

The letters 'Ta' in Tatarin were not embedded with unicode for English text in the Localization.txt file, and if you look for Tatarin in the list of craftable items, it will be at the very bottom of the list. This update rewrites the text with English unicode and it will now appear in the correct alphabetical order.

Instances of 'Tatarin' in this file can be manually deleted and rewritten so that the correct unicode can be embedded, or simply downloaded again.

HOW WOULD THE TATARIN FORGE LOOK LIKE WITH A CHANGE IN THE COLOR OF THE CHIMNEY THE PIPE TO GOLDEN BRONZE COLOR TYPE ESTEAM PUNK

I LIKE THE MOD

BUT THE Ookraven Forest Collection VERSION... DOES NOT INCLUDE THE CHANGE OF TEXTURES OR THOSE POSTERS THAT ARE ON WITH ADS AND BE ABLE TO CREATE THEM

WELL, IN A MOD, A CHANGE OF THE PLAYER'S SALES MACHINE IS NEEDED TO SOMETHING MORE MODERN BECAUSE THE MOD VERSION OF Oakraven Forest Collection DOES NOT CHANGE THE PLAYER'S SALES MACHINE TO BE ABLE TO CREATE NEW AMMO VENDING MACHINES... WEAPONS... MEDICATION... AND SCRAP... AND ARMOR... IT WOULD BE HIS...

AND THE ESTEAM PUNK POSTER WOULD HAVE TO BE IN BOTH VERSIONS TO BE ABLE TO CREATE THEM THE Oakraven Forest Collection VERSION IS LIMITED AND I CANNOT USE THE OTHER VERSION BECAUSE I ALREADY USE A PACK OF MODS TO PERSONAL TASTE SO I CHOOSE FOR THE Forest Collection VERSION. AT LEAST YOU CREATED TWO VERSIONS TO BE ABLE TO HAVE NEW THINGS TO CREATE BECAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CREATE FULL COMVERSION MODS BUT DO NOT CREATE AN INDEPENDENT MODULAR VERSION... LIKE YOUR FOREST COLLECTION MOD... SO THANK YOU FOR THE FOREST COLLECTION VERSION...

QUE TAL QUEDARIA EL The Tatarin Forge CON UN CAMBIO DE COLOR DE LA CHIMENEA LA TUBERIA  A COLOR BRONCE DORADO TIPO ESTEAM PUNK 

ME GUSTA EL MOD 

PERO LA VERSION  Oakraven Forest Collection.. NO INCLUYE EL CAMBIO DE TEXTURAS NI CARTELES ESOS QUE SE VEN ENCENDIDOS CON ANUNCIOS Y   PODER CREARLOS 

PUES HACE FALTA EN UN MOD UN CAMBIO DE LA MAQUINA DE VENTAS DE EL JUGADOR A ALGO MAS MODERNO PUES LA VERSION DE SU MOD Oakraven Forest Collection NO CAMBIA LA MAQUINA DE VENTAS DE EL JUGADOR PODER CREAR NUEVAS MAQUINAS EXPRENDEDORAS DE MUNICION.. ARMAS.. MEDICAMENTOS.. Y CHATARRA.. Y ARMADURAS.. SERIA LO SUYO.. 

Y EL CARTEL ESTEAM PUNK TENDRIA QUE ESTAR EN LAS DOS VERSIONES PARA PODER CREARLOS LA VERSION Oakraven Forest Collection ESTA LIMITADA Y NO PUEDO USAR LA OTRA VERSION POR QUE YA USO UN PACK DE MODS A GUSTO PERSONAL A SI QUE OPTE POR LA VERSION Forest Collection.. ALMENOS USTED CREO DOS VERSIONES PARA PODER TENER NUEVAS COSAS QUE CREAR YA QUE HAY GENTE QUE CREA MODS DE COMVERSION COMPLETA PERO NO CREA UNA VERSION  MODULAR INDEPENDIENTE.. COMO SU MOD Forest Collection.. A SI QUE GRACIAS POR LA VERSION Forest Collection..

I am sure Oakraven will read your request about expanding the Collection version with some of the Modpack version features in separate modlets, as well as adding updates such as the bronze pipe. The Modpack is a good way to test many of the Collection modlets in a combined setting to check for stability.

The Tatarin forge was tested in the Modpack first on a dedicated server and then added into the Collection version. But sometimes it is created as a Collection item first and then added to the Modpack if it is appropriate. The feedback from the Modpack will help with balancing the Modpack and considering features for the Collection modlets.

Hey, i didn't see anything here so this may be unconnected entirely. Have you had anyone reporting console spamming of invalid layer index 3 or 1 in conjunction with the hydroponic farming plant entities? It seems that crops up a lot followed by a line about one of them dying to convert to the plant corpseblock. Could be unrelated but it seems to trigger when i add that mod back into the mix. Doesn't seem to be breaking anything, but i do notice fps dips sometimes when it's spamming more than a few lines in the console. I'm on a lower end machine though and have a lot going on, so just checking if it's been seen by you or anyone else.

Invalid Layer Index '3'

Invalid Layer Index '3'

Invalid Layer Index '3'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

2022-08-10T01:25:31 4548.830 INF Entity animalBeeStump 504 killed
Invalid Layer Index '1'

2022-08-10T01:25:53 4571.297 INF Entity animalBeeStump2 512 killed
2022-08-10T01:25:55 4572.877 INF VehicleManager saving 0 (0 + 0)
2022-08-10T01:25:55 4572.877 INF DroneManager saving 0 (0 + 0)
2022-08-10T01:25:55 4572.881 INF VehicleManager saved 9 bytes
2022-08-10T01:25:55 4572.881 INF DroneManager saved 9 bytes
Invalid Layer Index '1'

2022-08-10T01:25:56 4574.312 INF Entity animalBeeStump3 513 killed
2022-08-10T01:25:57 4574.829 INF Time: 57.99m FPS: 17.09 Heap: 4816.7MB Max: 5196.7MB Chunks: 507 CGO: 295 Ply: 1 Zom: 5 Ent: 13 (220) Items: 8 CO: 4 RSS: 6418.2MB
Invalid Layer Index '1'

2022-08-10T01:26:02 4580.313 INF Entity animalWildCapMushroom 515 killed
Invalid Layer Index '1'

2022-08-10T01:26:05 4583.347 INF Entity animalFireFlyStump 521 killed
Invalid Layer Index '1'

2022-08-10T01:26:09 4587.345 INF Entity animalWildLionMushroom 522 killed
Invalid Layer Index '1'

2022-08-10T01:26:12 4590.347 INF Entity animalWildRedMushroom 523 killed
Invalid Layer Index '1'

22 minutes ago, magejosh said:

Hey, i didn't see anything here so this may be unconnected entirely. Have you had anyone reporting console spamming of invalid layer index 3 or 1 in conjunction with the hydroponic farming plant entities? It seems that crops up a lot followed by a line about one of them dying to convert to the plant corpseblock. Could be unrelated but it seems to trigger when i add that mod back into the mix. Doesn't seem to be breaking anything, but i do notice fps dips sometimes when it's spamming more than a few lines in the console. I'm on a lower end machine though and have a lot going on, so just checking if it's been seen by you or anyone else.

Oh yes, it is a constant. lol
The snake spawns, dies, and goes to the corpseblock (on a set timer so the cycle repeats dynamically in different spawn locations). If it spawns on ground it will convert to a block like the bee log, stump, mushroom, etc. The invalid layer warning may well be related to if it attempts to convert to a block on road, gravel, or other surface that is not compatible. I sometimes see the snake spawn on the road only to disappear and not leave a block.