Graphics Question

Musicianized

I'm having this issue during blood moons and times when there is a high zombie count. My graphics go wack and my resolution drops and everything looks like I turned my graphics from max to low. 

I'm not sure if this is a pc issue or a setting issue or just the game itself? 

Running on a ASUS ROG Zephyrus 1050ti 16g RAM and I think most of my settings are maxed. 

Edited by Musicianized (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Musicianized said:

I have a 3050ti not sure where I was getting g 1080... my bad...

So is that any better lol

Should I still have that turned off with a 3050ti?

I think you should. What you are describing is exactly what dynamic resolution does…..when the fps begins to drop due to the stress of many zombies , the game adjusts your resolution down to attempt to maintain your fps so your graphics look like lower quality. Try it with that setting off.

7 hours ago, Musicianized said:

I have a 3050ti not sure where I was getting g 1080... my bad...

So is that any better lol

Should I still have that turned off with a 3050ti?

I hate the way it looks, so I always have it off. Instead, set your graphics at a level that your card can handle.

ie: Don't try to play at 4k and expect good results.

On 2/3/2022 at 5:09 PM, Beelzybub said:

I hate the way it looks, so I always have it off. Instead, set your graphics at a level that your card can handle.

ie: Don't try to play at 4k and expect good results.

I have most stuff set to medium. I'm not sure if the game automatically sets the settings based off hardware or not? I did turn textures to high and shadows I think.. Dame looks great and plays great for the most part. Gets a little stutters in the big cities when there's a lot of zombies around though. 

This game heavily relies on your CPU, so there's that too. Definitely resolution will be a kicker; you can also try setting Dynamic Resolution to scale and lower the percentage while, say, having your resolution set to 2k or whatever. It'll lower the scale of textures while keeping the GUI/text the same.