A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

5 minutes ago, xyth said:

Both client and server must have the same SCore mod and NPCCore mod loaded into the Mods folder.  Only load the SCore folder, not its master folder.  

Does SCore need NPCCore to work? Would SCore work on its own without NPCCore (for the sake of trying to figure it out). I literally copy-pasted the SCore folder from the server mods folder to the client mods folder so I know both are using the same version. In the mods folder, I see the SCore folder, then nestled directly inside that is "config" folder, "documentation" folder, etc. I don't think I'm including the master folder in this (unless the SCore is the master folder and I shouldn't include that and have it nestled in anything). Here's a screenshot of my file explorer looking into the 7 Days to Die client mods folder, just to make sure I'm doing this right. It looks just the same in the 7 Days to Die Dedicated server. Thanks for the help so far!
 64004a965fdc0114517cc10a07295268.png

1 hour ago, Zarvix said:

Does SCore need NPCCore to work? Would SCore work on its own without NPCCore (for the sake of trying to figure it out). I literally copy-pasted the SCore folder from the server mods folder to the client mods folder so I know both are using the same version. In the mods folder, I see the SCore folder, then nestled directly inside that is "config" folder, "documentation" folder, etc. I don't think I'm including the master folder in this (unless the SCore is the master folder and I shouldn't include that and have it nestled in anything). Here's a screenshot of my file explorer looking into the 7 Days to Die client mods folder, just to make sure I'm doing this right. It looks just the same in the 7 Days to Die Dedicated server. Thanks for the help so far!
 64004a965fdc0114517cc10a07295268.png

Make sure EAC is off for both the client and server.

27 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Make sure EAC is off for both the client and server.

Okay, yeah. I'm an idiot. I turned EAC off for the server, but forgot to for the client. That's what I get for trying to set this up during a migraine. XD I can connect now at least. Now to make sure everything actually runs properly. Thanks for the assist!

16 hours ago, Namahagenader said:

Is there any way to revert the behavior of NPCs that follow when moving in a vehicle back to previous specifications?

In the stable version 20.3.01.10, when traveling in an aircraft such as a gyrocopter, the invisible NPCs frequently collide with the aircraft, making it difficult to control the aircraft as desired when multiple NPCs are following.
Also, when moving long distances, the NPCs collide with the aircraft, causing the aircraft's durability value to decrease considerably.
Is there any way to change the XML file settings, etc., so that only the behavior of NPCs following the vehicle is restored to the previous specifications (stable 20.2.02.07)?

The teleporting is a function of the SCore.  Do you have the latest version?  Nothing in the NPCCore would effect this.  If this is occurring in the latest SCore I will let the team know to test.

Hey, first off I wanted to say that this is an excellent mod. And as a new 7D2D player, this added another layer of enjoyment that I didn't know was needed. However I would like to figure out how to make the Harley npc able to be hired. I changed her faction in the "entityclasses" xml to whiteriver. Now she's chill when I spawn her in, I just can't interact and hire her. I know I'm missing a step, just gotta know what to change. Keep up the work and thanks in advance!

30 minutes ago, Lostyouthkhat said:

any chance you bring back some more friendly animals besides the fox?

(Wolfhound, german shephard etc..)

I almost have a pack done, but its Spring here and I'm not at PC often while the weather is so nice.  Soon.

12 minutes ago, MistaMilkyWay said:

Hey, first off I wanted to say that this is an excellent mod. And as a new 7D2D player, this added another layer of enjoyment that I didn't know was needed. However I would like to figure out how to make the Harley npc able to be hired. I changed her faction in the "entityclasses" xml to whiteriver. Now she's chill when I spawn her in, I just can't interact and hire her. I know I'm missing a step, just gotta know what to change. Keep up the work and thanks in advance!

Look at the Nurse's xml.   Basically Harley would need to extend off of an advanced template, not the basic template.  Advanced templates allow hiring.  Might also want to remove the bandit tag from her tags too.  

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, xyth said:

I almost have a pack done, but its Spring here and I'm not at PC often while the weather is so nice.  Soon.

Look at the Nurse's xml.   Basically Harley would need to extend off of an advanced template, not the basic template.  Advanced templates allow hiring.  Might also want to remove the bandit tag from her tags too.  

Awesome, That did the trick. Appreciate the help my dude👍🏼

On 4/9/2022 at 9:33 PM, ktrain said:

Did something change that would affect 2-RaiderGurlzPack_Friendly?

Now when I hire one of them I no longer have the companion indicator, and they don't follow the same, but they will stay where i am standing

friendly bump...

9 hours ago, Namahagenader said:

Nothing has changed in RaiderGurlzPack_Friendly.
This seems to be mainly due to stricter property value checks in the latest version of the NPC Mod and a change of the AI package name.
Please wait until the creator of RaiderGurlzPack_Friendly updates it.

May I ask for some clarification please on what exactly has changed that broke the RaiderGurlzPack_Friendly?

If it's just an xml edit to the RaiderGurlzPack_Friendly files, please give details on what it will take to fix I will do it myself...

As an aside, in the future can we NOT break existing working packs with updates? Or alternatively release an update to the packsa when core updates require it?

Or at least let us know that such and such will not work until updated?

I was banging my head against the wall thinking I had broken something...

Likely the mod author will edit his expansion pack soon.  However, his mod should have those girls extend from the advanced templates (designed to be hireable) rather than the basic, high performance templates used for bandits.   His mode need the new AIPackages added rather than the old packages listed, and he needs to add the hireable property thats part of the advanced template if he doesnt want to extend from the advanced templates.

Quick question, me and my son use this to play together and they are only spawning in with hordes it seems like. Were not really seeing hardly any NPCs we can hire, actually haven't seen any and on day 25 so far. I know its installed correctly because the spider expansion and some of the other ones are working correctly. Any help would be great.

4 hours ago, ScubaSteve3465 said:

Quick question, me and my son use this to play together and they are only spawning in with hordes it seems like. Were not really seeing hardly any NPCs we can hire, actually haven't seen any and on day 25 so far. I know its installed correctly because the spider expansion and some of the other ones are working correctly. Any help would be great.

Balance of the number of NPCs that spawn is difficult as it varies depending on which expansion packs and how many expansion packs you load.  I use the civialians pack and I see a lot of those.  Soldiers and bandits also spawn a lot.  You can edit the spawn rates directly in each mods entitygroups.xml.  

9 hours ago, xyth said:

Balance of the number of NPCs that spawn is difficult as it varies depending on which expansion packs and how many expansion packs you load.  I use the civialians pack and I see a lot of those.  Soldiers and bandits also spawn a lot.  You can edit the spawn rates directly in each mods entitygroups.xml.  

Well I use quite a few mods so maybe it's a compatibility issue instead. I use multiple expansion packs and zombie packs such as enzombies and snufkin zombie plus, improved wandering hordes, firearm expansion. 

2 hours ago, ScubaSteve3465 said:

Well I use quite a few mods so maybe it's a compatibility issue instead. I use multiple expansion packs and zombie packs such as enzombies and snufkin zombie plus, improved wandering hordes, firearm expansion. 

I may be wrong, but as far as I know enzombies makes changes to several things (like entity groups) so you want it to load before any other zombie mods. Simply rename that mod folder so it loads before the others (I think I had to put a 0a at the beginning of it so it loads before the noc mods… just make sure when you sort the mods in the mod folder it appears before them when sorted alphabetically from a-z)  and see if that helps. I’m not sure if this has changed since I last loaded it and other zed mods.

17 hours ago, swmeek said:

Do you by chance plan on adding back the voices like what was in the A19 version?

Not sure which voices you were looking for. Xyth has harley voiced and i have one of the soldiers and a couple of the gurls from the survivorz pack voiced. Its not really a feature thats had great feedback, most ive heard is can you please make them not voiced lol.

Edited by drkstardragon (see edit history)

On 4/15/2022 at 7:54 PM, doughphunghus said:

I may be wrong, but as far as I know enzombies makes changes to several things (like entity groups) so you want it to load before any other zombie mods. Simply rename that mod folder so it loads before the others (I think I had to put a 0a at the beginning of it so it loads before the noc mods… just make sure when you sort the mods in the mod folder it appears before them when sorted alphabetically from a-z)  and see if that helps. I’m not sure if this has changed since I last loaded it and other zed mods.

I will go ahead and give this a try now and see if it helps, thanks for ANY help on the matter because im pretty lost lol.

4 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

Not sure which voices you were looking for. Xyth has harley voiced and i have one of the soldiers and a couple of the gurls from the survivorz pack voiced. Its not really a feature thats had great feedback, most ive heard is can you please make them not voiced lol.

I realize now that the voices I was thinking about were from the raiders in bdubyahs wasteland mod so that's a goof on my part.

6 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

... Its not really a feature thats had great feedback, most ive heard is can you please make them not voiced lol.

I like the voices, but it would be great to have even more variety of sounds, and maybe an option for quiet, like on the drones

So I saw that it can be set for them to attack during a horde night. I’m not seeing options for that in the files. Were you meaning to get your NPCs to fight for you? If so, is there a way to get a certain percentage of horde night mobs to be hostile NPCs?  

Side note to that, seems some of the NPC packs spawn far more frequently than others.  Not all that many NPCs spawning vs the zombies etc. Not seeing an option to change ratios, does that exist somewhere?

2 hours ago, sysity said:

So I saw that it can be set for them to attack during a horde night. I’m not seeing options for that in the files. Were you meaning to get your NPCs to fight for you? If so, is there a way to get a certain percentage of horde night mobs to be hostile NPCs?  

Side note to that, seems some of the NPC packs spawn far more frequently than others.  Not all that many NPCs spawning vs the zombies etc. Not seeing an option to change ratios, does that exist somewhere?

Bandits can spawn during a bloodmoon if they are setup to use the BM template rather than the default templates.  Hireable NPCs that spawned before the bloodmoons will fight against zombies and bloodmoon bandits.   The mod isnt setup by default to use bloodmoon bandits though.   Again, this mod is more an NPC engine than a full featured mod, the idea other mods will use this engine as a base for their own vision of NPCs in the game.

Spawning is handles by entitygroups.xml.   You can edit the values to increase or decrease spawn rates.

Here is an update for the A20 NPCMod Prefabs that are specifically set up to complement the NPCMod and NPCMod Addons.

https://github.com/arramus/A20-NPCMod-Prefabs

Bandit Settlement 02. A 100 x 100 POI that will spawn in the Wilderness as a T4 Bandit location for fetch, clear, and restore power quest type.

20220418040610_1.thumb.jpg.dc7820b2895a73206af43dbbc95758a7.jpg

The ground level is sand box style game play while the underground is more scripted pathing.

There may be a surprise or two.

20220419134501_1.thumb.jpg.f7bd8159b12d626c2409de70e25dc86d.jpg

This POI will be best used in association with Darkstardragon's Bandit Addon packs, including the new Orcs Pack.

This POI is heavily influenced by Bdubyah's 'The Wasteland' mod which will receive its own customised version in due course. 'The Wasteland' is also powered by the NCPMod which allows for some interesting crossover.