Reset 7th night

zacharum

So I run a dedicated server and some people play more often than others. The "others" in this care are daunted by the day getting into the 100s of days so I'd like to reset it down to 1. From my understanding the spawns aren't affected by the day, they're affected by the gamestage. Is there a way to reset the day back to 1 and have the 7th night reset back to the 7th day as well?

You're  aware it doesn't change anything except the display time, right? All mines that have been depleted stay depleted, cars that were scrapped stay scrapped, all POIs which have been looted stay looted aside from normal container respawn etc.? 

Most people I know that don't want to play on older servers is because it is much harder to find resources except for in quests (which reset POIs) and the fact that other players are much higher than them (for PvP)

18 hours ago, zacharum said:

Looks like I was able to answer my own question. Doing `settime 1` reset to day 1 00:00 and 7th night to 7th night

Just be aware that by doing so, you have likely ruined the save.  Probably would have been safer to nuke the main.ttp files, but neither is a good choice.  Day count hasn't meant anything for several years now. If people are daunted by the count, they might want to spend some time doing research on why it doesn't matter.

I'm going to go ahead and find some nihilistic amusement between the statements:

20 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Just be aware that by doing so (Editor's note, "changing the day count"), you have likely ruined the save.

and

20 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Day count hasn't meant anything for several years now.

It doesn't do anything, but it's there for you to eff up a save. ... :)

I have found this to be true but only in limited scenarios.

Prospective players are sometimes worried about 100+ days because long time server goers can sometimes be WAY specced and have an amazing amount of loot, which puts some of them at an advantage in terms of PVP, but also means that:

a.  Most of the world is already looted and waiting on a respawn cycle.  This is generally not a desirable thing and hinders early game survival.

b.  The map has been turned into a blighted hellscape of failed and/or destroyed bases, overmined (with cave ins), badly placed traps, and generally looks like about as trashy as you'd expect a college fratboi bachelor pad to look.

But, this is a correctable problem by providing intermittent map implementation, loot cycle restarts, and even some good old fashioned communication.

I have to admit the number one reason I won't play on public PVE servers OF ANY KIND is because of overmodding in ways that are unpredictable, or even worse are dead Discord panels where randos end up informing me that 'the admins are on vacation, etc', and the only members of said servers are basically people who discovered it that day and may never play again.

13 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Just be aware that by doing so, you have likely ruined the save.  Probably would have been safer to nuke the main.ttp files, but neither is a good choice.  Day count hasn't meant anything for several years now. If people are daunted by the count, they might want to spend some time doing research on why it doesn't matter.

So if I'm at a gamestage of 20 on day 5, and day 100 in the same biome. Then I should have the exact same horde?

11 minutes ago, Darklegend222 said:

So if I'm at a gamestage of 20 on day 5, and day 100 in the same biome. Then I should have the exact same horde?

Yes. Because the spawns for the horde are based entirely on what your gamestage is. The only effect the day count has on it is when then event occurs.

17 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Yes. Because the spawns for the horde are based entirely on what your gamestage is. The only effect the day count has on it is when then event occurs.

Not sure how I never caught onto that. I'm curious then, if you have 3 people on a server who are not in a party with varying gamestages at different locations, everyone should get a horde respective to themselves? And those who are in a party with varying gamestages will get an average based everyones gamestage?

7 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

Not sure how I never caught onto that. I'm curious then, if you have 3 people on a server who are not in a party with varying gamestages at different locations, everyone should get a horde respective to themselves? And those who are in a party with varying gamestages will get an average based everyones gamestage?

yes