pipe baton ?

RichyYoung

hi, what stat is governing the increase in damage to pipe batons ? is it the intellect tree, because the info when you click on intellect says stun batons.  I was just wondering if any one knew if someone was going down intellect points should they be using pipe baton early game ?

13 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Intellect branch, Electrocutioner branch

Is the pipe baton not under Pummel Pete? The stun baton is under Electrocutioner but a pipe baton is just a basic melee item.

8 hours ago, ChickenWings said:

Is that pipe baton any good?  Pipe pistol is lousy seems like it shoots bbs.  

In the first Exp releases, it was OP, I think they have nerfed it now. From my experience, before the nerf (when it happens, it may have already happened) the pipe baton was a much better option than the club. More damage, less stamina, and it's crazy easy to craft.

I can't imagine it will remain quite as effective as it is as it's in direct competition with the wooden club at this moment, and I expect it to be nerfed or buffed.

2 hours ago, ricp said:

Is the pipe baton not under Pummel Pete? The stun baton is under Electrocutioner but a pipe baton is just a basic melee item.

as already stated by theFlu, yes it is under Int tree

code

<property name="Tags" value="melee,grunting,light,perkFlurryOfBlows,weapon,meleeWeapon,noStunEffect,attIntellect,perkElectrocutioner,canHaveCosmetic"/>

Perking into the strength or Pummel Pete areas does not affect the pipe baton

If anything the Pipe Baton should get a buff. It's equivalent to all the other starting melee weapons, but instead of being crafted from basic stone age materials it requires glue and pipes.

A better fix though would probably be to make the wood club benefit from either Pummel Pete, or Electrocutioner, whichever is higher. Then move the Pipe Baton up to being the Tier 2 weapon, and then bump the Stun Baton to Tier 3.

I think what I'd really like though would be unbinding the melee weapons from the different attributes. Then change the melee skills to give generic bonuses to all melee weapons. So you'd have one for raw damage %, another for knockdown, another for stun, another for dismember, another for attack speed

In my experience the pipe baton is FAR better than all other melee weapons. Tried using others and the baton just worked much better, and i find good batons EVERYWHERE.

Looted a stun baton and compared it and the pipe baton blew it out of the water. It honestly doesnt feel like a t0 version of the pipe baton.

If they redesigned the pipe baton tree to focus more on inflicting status effects they could rework the simply handheld fire torch into the primitive tier int melee weapon. Lower damage than the other weapons like club or spear but will inflict burning on foes fairly reliably.

The pipe baton not having any of the features of the stun baton makes them seem disconnected, it functions just like a club.

Im starting to think the pipe baton was a mistake, if they made the int melee tree instead focus on building a melee weapon 'gadget' that can mod any other melee weapon with bonus effects that are improved in the int tree it could work with the other weapons instead of competing. For example instead of building a stun baton you craft a stun mod that you can slot into clubs (now its a stun baton!) spears, hammers or whatever.  the mod charges a shock every 5 seconds, this is is lowered per point of investment and chains to more nearby enemies. 

idk, i want to like the stun baton but i just never have. It has always felt out of place to me. 

4 hours ago, bloodmoth13 said:

In my experience the pipe baton is FAR better than all other melee weapons.

Yeah, at this point it's just a straight competition between it and the wooden club in terms of first melee weapon and the baton, at present at least, comes out on top easily.

Really? And here I found it uncomfortable to use, the animation throws me off and I feel like it has a shorter reach (it probably doesn't) but then I found one on my first return when the muscle memory for the game is gone and you get pwned like a noob, it was a t6 to boot right out of a trash pile next to spawn. I may have to give it another try.

2 hours ago, Krougal said:

Really? And here I found it uncomfortable to use, the animation throws me off and I feel like it has a shorter reach (it probably doesn't) but then I found one on my first return when the muscle memory for the game is gone and you get pwned like a noob, it was a t6 to boot right out of a trash pile next to spawn. I may have to give it another try.

just loaded up a cheat game to compare it with other weapons and stat-wise it was identical to the club and not far off from other weapons so i might have been misled.

I tried a couple of new games, one on lower difficulty where i had a pipe baton and one on warrior when i coulldnt find one and only used a spear, so my PoV was probably skewed by that where the baton was gibbing zeds on easy while the spear was fairly useless on hard mode.

imo the pipe baton is a little redundant in that regard, its a more expensive wooden club like someone else said. Its not bad, and you seem  much more likely to find decent quality ones when looting, so i think it functions good as the melee weapon for players who dont spec into melee weapons early/mid game.

It doesnt function at all as an early game intellect weapon as it has none of the benefits and is really just a reskinned wooden club. I think TFP could have been more creative with early int weapons but the intellect tree as a primary skill tree suffers a bit as robots and batons are lategame. stun baton has a ton of support but it needs it since it kind of functions as a mid tier weapon with low tier base damage and everything it offers comes from effects and is only effective late game where it begins to match its competitors.

Though i could be misled as i havent compared stats and i made a bit of a fool of myself before by not doing the research XD