Accidently ate glass, left at 9 health before I quit. How to remove this debuff?

DominionZA

I accidently ate glass because I double tapped with my mouse after breaking a glass window because of a lag spike I encountered and my character ate it afterwards. I applied a first aid kit, then I quit the game as I dropped down to 9 health. This is the cheesiest stupidest @%$#ing thing that I have ever seen, being even able to eat this @%$#ed glass. I do not want to die, I'm specifically going for a 0 death run on the most hardcore settings. I'm already on day 7 and came this far, now it has been trashed like that. I do not want to weaken my gamestage or add a number to my death count. How can I give myself god mode or remove the debuff? Is there a file I can edit  or a save editor?

I'm not going to make it in time if I enable creative mode and join the world. The startup takes way too long, plus your locked out of the controls for a few seconds before being able to walk and I'm confident I'm going to die before I even be able to press H or whatever the shortcut for godmode was.

Edited by DominionZA (see edit history)

You should do it in 5 seconds max, open console, write dm, click enter, close console, click q once. Try it out on a new / other save to see if its work and if you gonna make it, maybe create a similar situation on another save and see... I don't know of any other way to enable a god mode. You can also open the console while the world will be loading and try to enable debug mode then, I think it should work, then you will need to only click q to become immortal, should work in theory.

24 minutes ago, DominionZA said:

I accidently ate glass because I double tapped with my mouse after breaking a glass window because of a lag spike I encountered and my character ate it afterwards.

The only way this could happen would be if every slot in your inventory was full and the one open slot on your belt was selected meaning you were punching the window with your empty hand instead of with a tool. In that case the glass would fill that one open slot on your belt and you might accidentally click it again and end up eating it. My question is, why did you use your empty hand to hit the window instead of whatever tool you had on your belt?

The feature is there in case you get stuck somehow and can only get out by respawning. If you just make sure to have a tool or weapon selected to break windows and pictures you won't ever have this happen again. I've never accidentally eaten glass in 1000s of hours of play so it was really just a perfect storm of bad luck. 

Hope the god mode works for you. I second the suggestion of practicing it on a different save a couple times so you can do it as quickly as possible.

You used to be able to open the console while in the escape menu. So you might want to try this as well. Start game, hit escape, hit F1, type dm and enter, hit escape, hit G for god mode and pray. That said if you are willing to use God mode or edit your save, I'm not sure why you care about the death counter. Using God Mode once is a slippery slope to using it any time you feel a near death experience was cheap. Besides playing permadeath is all about being penalized for and learning from your mistakes.

55 minutes ago, DominionZA said:

I accidently ate glass because I double tapped with my mouse after breaking a glass window because of a lag spike I encountered and my character ate it afterwards. I applied a first aid kit, then I quit the game as I dropped down to 9 health. This is the cheesiest stupidest @%$#ing thing that I have ever seen, being even able to eat this @%$#ed glass. I do not want to die, I'm specifically going for a 0 death run on the most hardcore settings. I'm already on day 7 and came this far, now it has been trashed like that. I do not want to weaken my gamestage or add a number to my death count. How can I give myself god mode or remove the debuff? Is there a file I can edit  or a save editor?

I'm not going to make it in time if I enable creative mode and join the world. The startup takes way too long, plus your locked out of the controls for a few seconds before being able to walk and I'm confident I'm going to die before I even be able to press H or whatever the shortcut for godmode was.

Don't accidentally eat glass.

33 minutes ago, Roland said:

The only way this could happen would be if every slot in your inventory was full and the one open slot on your belt was selected meaning you were punching the window with your empty hand instead of with a tool. In that case the glass would fill that one open slot on your belt and you might accidentally click it again and end up eating it. My question is, why did you use your empty hand to hit the window instead of whatever tool you had on your belt?

The feature is there in case you get stuck somehow and can only get out by respawning. If you just make sure to have a tool or weapon selected to break windows and pictures you won't ever have this happen again. I've never accidentally eaten glass in 1000s of hours of play so it was really just a perfect storm of bad luck. 

Hope the god mode works for you. I second the suggestion of practicing it on a different save a couple times so you can do it as quickly as possible.

My tools were broken, I was on the run from a horde inside a small, enclosed space on the upper floor and I didn't had time to repair before I would eventually get bashed and stunned down into a corner. I believe my inventory was full during that time, maybe, I don't remember. @%$#ed me off greatly, though I calmed down to 0 after an hour.

Going to try the god mode afterwards, hopefully this will work out.

Setting aside the glass-eating, in general, it would be nice addition when things can go into inventory automatically, they are blocked from going into your currently active tool belt slot because the player's "weapon" might be bare fists. It's a rare moment as Roland pointed out, and even though it is funny as hell, it would prevent this from happening.