(A20) Server Side Vehicles

arramus

Error    Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported since Unity 5. If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Cars/vehicleMagicBus_179393/Physics/tempPrefab_bus_shortPrefab", Mesh asset path "" Mesh name "Collision"   Get this in my Logs

38 minutes ago, Scharie said:

Error    Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported since Unity 5. If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Cars/vehicleMagicBus_179393/Physics/tempPrefab_bus_shortPrefab", Mesh asset path "" Mesh name "Collision"   Get this in my Logs

We reported this to the game developers about a year ago, and the response was that it is a low priority to zero priority update since there are many other priority items to be acted on first. It relates to the model that is used for the school bus in the main game and the Magic Bus for the mod, as suggested in the log. It generally occurs when a player attempts to place the Magic Bus on the ground. I'm afraid we will not be reporting again as a reminder, as issues relating to Mods where things are used beyond their intended use, appear to be placed at the very bottom of 'the list'.

2 hours ago, arramus said:

We reported this to the game developers about a year ago, and the response was that it is a low priority to zero priority update since there are many other priority items to be acted on first. It relates to the model that is used for the school bus in the main game and the Magic Bus for the mod, as suggested in the log. It generally occurs when a player attempts to place the Magic Bus on the ground. I'm afraid we will not be reporting again as a reminder, as issues relating to Mods where things are used beyond their intended use, appear to be placed at the very bottom of 'the list'.

As long as it's not hutting anything who cares ;) 

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Baobab said:

Hello there,

I'm using his mod a lot, but since a week or two, the bikes looks like normal bikes not i know them as Hell ,what happend. Btw newest version.

Thx for all.

The bikes are normal bike models with attachments added to them. As you move nearer to one of these bikes, a 'buff' triggers and these attachments get added onto the bike. There is a check system in place that is constantly telling the bike models to attach their Hell Bike features. However, it can have some issues depending on server stability, network stability, player connection and things like that.

When this issue happens, it is helpful to put the vehicle back on the player toolbelt and place it again. This often causes the buffs to trigger again and they start to look like Hell Bikes. There is no real guarantee that this will fix them as this is an experimental way to decorate the models in a way that was not really intended.

1 hour ago, arramus said:

The bikes are normal bike models with attachments added to them. As you move nearer to one of these bikes, a 'buff' triggers and these attachments get added onto the bike. There is a check system in place that is constantly telling the bike models to attach their Hell Bike features. However, it can have some issues depending on server stability, network stability, player connection and things like that.

When this issue happens, it is helpful to put the vehicle back on the player toolbelt and place it again. This often causes the buffs to trigger again and they start to look like Hell Bikes. There is no real guarantee that this will fix them as this is an experimental way to decorate the models in a way that was not really intended.

will try it later, thx for  fast answer.

wont work !! 

Screenshot 2022-04-06 135143.png

Edited by Baobab
testing modlet (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Baobab said:

will try it later, thx for  fast answer.

wont work !!

Please share information about your server/client setup.

What mods are currently running on the server?

Are all players seeing the same issue or is it limited to one/few players?

1 hour ago, arramus said:

Please share information about your server/client setup.

What mods are currently running on the server?

Are all players seeing the same issue or is it limited to one/few players?

only my own ones , without a buffstatuscheck .

Screenshot 2022-04-06 161515.png

4 hours ago, Baobab said:

only my own ones , without a buffstatuscheck .

Screenshot 2022-04-06 161515.png

I tested in SP.

20220407032015_1.thumb.jpg.e10bae9f11eadf8a38c0fd22d0873b00.jpg

I checked the dedicated server I play in on Day 507.

20220407032330_1.thumb.jpg.4e9ee841558026d93a9377772970b836.jpg

I was unable to duplicate the issue as the buff check loaded on both of these instances. It's a process of elimination from here to see if it will run on its own without any other mods and looking for a conflict.

So with this mod I didn't see ANYONE mention the "fly away" glitch...

Sometimes when I stop my motorcycle and dismount - it literally and quite instantly "flies" away somewhere really, really far. So far it doesn't even usually appear on the compass. Sometimes it does it when you dismount and leave the game like I did today...  I logged back in - the motorcycle was gone. I've dismounted sometimes and watched my motorcycle go flying away back to the last place I dismounted it which was half across the entire map...

Other times you'll be riding and all of a sudden you'll be rubber banded back 100 feet...

It's really annoying - to the point where we're just going to uninstall the mod.

Is anyone else having this problem? There's no way it can be ONLY me...  😕
Please advise...
Thanks!

1 hour ago, Sugarfree said:

So with this mod I didn't see ANYONE mention the "fly away" glitch...

Sometimes when I stop my motorcycle and dismount - it literally and quite instantly "flies" away somewhere really, really far. So far it doesn't even usually appear on the compass. Sometimes it does it when you dismount and leave the game like I did today...  I logged back in - the motorcycle was gone. I've dismounted sometimes and watched my motorcycle go flying away back to the last place I dismounted it which was half across the entire map...

Other times you'll be riding and all of a sudden you'll be rubber banded back 100 feet...

It's really annoying - to the point where we're just going to uninstall the mod.

Is anyone else having this problem? There's no way it can be ONLY me...  😕
Please advise...
Thanks!

This issue was more frequent in A19, but much less so in A20 so far. However, it was the same for all vehicles, and not just the Snufkin variety. The speed of some of the Snufkin vehicles did make this more noticable though.

I have seen this happen in A20, again for all vehicles, at times when the server is under stress (such as being on an overloaded system) or in need of a restart (after running for a long time). I have not seen this specifically for only the Snufkin Vehicles beyond being more pronounced.

It's a very unpleasant issue for servers and can be incredibly frustrating for players for sure. It'll be good to hear if removing the mod makes any difference or if it continues for regular vehicles as well. Please ask all players to throw away their vehicles ahead of time to avoid item issues if you decide to remove the mod.

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2022 at 6:28 AM, arramus said:

This shows a list of everything in the storage repositories.

https://github.com/arramus?tab=repositories

haha I was just about to ask the exact same question!

On 6/15/2022 at 6:28 AM, arramus said:

This shows a list of everything in the storage repositories.

https://github.com/arramus?tab=repositories

Sorry for being blind but I can't locate it in the repository and I was wondering do you have any writes up on your mods anywhere, some of them look quite interesting!  Thanks

59 minutes ago, RAGE PVE said:

haha I was just about to ask the exact same question!

Sorry for being blind but I can't locate it in the repository and I was wondering do you have any writes up on your mods anywhere, some of them look quite interesting!  Thanks

All the mods are written up in this forum somewhere but the Search function has its limitations.

These are the most popular two server side only ones. The Weapons and the Zombies.

Weapons Expansion

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A20-2021December17

Snufkin Zombies PLUS

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2022Feb02

And one more server side only version which allows players to craft ammo and resources using 'mining' tools.

https://github.com/arramus/AutoBots-A20-2021Dec12

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/26109-a20-autobots-automated-mining-and-ammunition-making-bots-revisited/

Thanks again, I do try and search before asking questions....thats great

I'd seen the autobot but couldnt find much info, could look into the code I guess (#notacoder)

The mod I was specifically trying to find is the extend party to 8 one which isn't in that repo I dont think?

Ill check the weapons one you have there thanks, if you like weapons then checkout one we came up with 

Edited by RAGE PVE (see edit history)

6 hours ago, arramus said:

All the mods are written up in this forum somewhere but the Search function has its limitations.

These are the most popular two server side only ones. The Weapons and the Zombies.

Weapons Expansion

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A20-2021December17

Snufkin Zombies PLUS

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Custom-Zombies-Plus-A20-2022Feb02

And one more server side only version which allows players to craft ammo and resources using 'mining' tools.

https://github.com/arramus/AutoBots-A20-2021Dec12

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/26109-a20-autobots-automated-mining-and-ammunition-making-bots-revisited/

Installed and tested working perfectly!  Sharks abit much for me but the rest are class thanks for updating this to A20 its brill! 

If you get chance to check on the extended party or let me know how to mod the party size then I'll get onto that next thanks

43 minutes ago, RAGE PVE said:

Installed and tested working perfectly!  Sharks abit much for me but the rest are class thanks for updating this to A20 its brill! 

If you get chance to check on the extended party or let me know how to mod the party size then I'll get onto that next thanks

The extended party mod is for allowing more than 6 players to join a party group at the same time right? That's not a mod I have been involved with.

There is a section in the "...\Data\Config\XUi\controls.xml" which appears to govern party size.

The file mentions party_entry and companion_entry. It is possible the extended party mod made edits to increase the visible depth/size to add more players.

There is a section in the forum that is specifically for making mod requests if this mod no longer exists or is difficult to track down. I had last seen it used in a server in A19 so it's out there somewhere.

6 hours ago, RAGE PVE said:

@DEMMERS

I sent a message to my bud @Evilspartan who used an 8 player party mod on their community server for A19 to see if a copy is still around that we can update, if needed. We'll see.

7 hours ago, arramus said:

@DEMMERS

I sent a message to my bud @Evilspartan who used an 8 player party mod on their community server for A19 to see if a copy is still around that we can update, if needed. We'll see.

Oh that would be great thanks!!! Just oh horde parties and the like theres often more than 4 online so would be pretty handy

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RAGE PVE said:

Don't suppose there were any updates regarding this one by any chance?

The last response was Evilspartan would check a back catalogue of Mods in the archives and let us know if it gets tracked down.

Amazing mod! Thank you for your hard work, the infernal transport looks incredible, and with the effects of setting fire to zombies, it becomes even cooler! :flame:
Now it becomes interesting to me, do you think it is possible to divide some additions into modifications for transport in order to change them if desired?

8 minutes ago, Games'n'Grumble said:

do you think it is possible to divide some additions into modifications for transport in order to change them if desired?

There is always more room for additions and modifications to existing vehicles that can be done privately or potentially added to the whole mod release.

Adding a couple of updates to the (A20) Server Side Vehicles:

- Spider Bike

This is the mini bike with cosmetic upgrades and a Knock Down buff that will cause a little entity damage.

The bike is faster than the mini bike and has a larger fuel and storage capacity with the same level of fuel efficiency.

It is an intermediate step between mini bike and motorcycle/Hell bike.

20220706220813_1.thumb.jpg.da2db0ac7e3819c24b2694a34b45efa0.jpg

The Knock Down buff is simple to use. Ride into an entity and perform a little hop for effect if you so desire.

20220706214924_1.thumb.jpg.22c0e9e982315875955d2895b248938a.jpg

Down they tumble.

20220706214926_1.thumb.jpg.5a133ff4115d888b7058154cb6a85817.jpg

This is a defensive weapon with very little damage. It will give you time to get away.

- Whirligig

The Whirligig has a small cosmetic update to give context to its faster flying speed and capacity.

The new small quest generator has been attached to the engine mount in a position that allows the propeller to look like it is attached.

20220706220759_1.jpg