The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

1 minute ago, sphereii said:

If they are not listed in the mod launcher, then you may have to follow their manual installs. I don't think they have a mod launcher configuration.

I guess I will have to do that.

Thanks for your help.
Btw: I love your Launcher, keep up the good work ^^

Hi, i need some help.

I want to add a new mod into the launcher. It simply says "Click on Open URL and copy and paste this path: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/Winter-Project-A19/master/WinterProject.xml"

So, that's what i do. But it won't add the new mod at the launcher.

Is there something i do wrong?

22 minutes ago, DutchPlacebo said:

Hi, i need some help.

I want to add a new mod into the launcher. It simply says "Click on Open URL and copy and paste this path: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/Winter-Project-A19/master/WinterProject.xml"

So, that's what i do. But it won't add the new mod at the launcher.

Is there something i do wrong?

That should already be listed. Take a look under sphereii-mental,

Note: Winter Project has not been updated to 19.5 yet

1 hour ago, Chase said:

Is there a way to add command line flags to a config xml? I want to pass "+connect" so players just have to click "play mod" on my server profile and it will connect them to my server.

You can set the <IPAddress></IPAddress> and <Port></Port> xml node to do the Quick Connect, but no way to directly connect to a server from the configuration.

This is meant to protect players from over enthusiastic modders who try to funnel and force settings unto the user.

2 hours ago, sphereii said:

You can set the <IPAddress></IPAddress> and <Port></Port> xml node to do the Quick Connect, but no way to directly connect to a server from the configuration.

This is meant to protect players from over enthusiastic modders who try to funnel and force settings unto the user.

Oh, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm using the 7d2d Mod Launcher and created a separate directory for the 'copy of 7d2d' with the 'Undead Legacy' mod installed into it. But, it doesn't seem to be working. I've started a new game after selecting the mod in the launcher and clicking the 'Play Mod' button but, so far everything about the game looks and plays the same as the vanilla game. There's no UI changes like shown on the 'Undead Legacy' home page or vehicles....etc. Only thing I can think might be wrong is where I chose to setup the game copy maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Shuggy71 said:

Re-installing works. Thanks!

Thank you.

For others, let me know if this problem exists for you as well. If there's a bigger problem, I'd like the opportunity to fix it without uninstalling and re-installing it for everyone.

On 6/30/2021 at 5:31 PM, Mardoin said:

So, I'm using the 7d2d Mod Launcher and created a separate directory for the 'copy of 7d2d' with the 'Undead Legacy' mod installed into it. But, it doesn't seem to be working. I've started a new game after selecting the mod in the launcher and clicking the 'Play Mod' button but, so far everything about the game looks and plays the same as the vanilla game. There's no UI changes like shown on the 'Undead Legacy' home page or vehicles....etc. Only thing I can think might be wrong is where I chose to setup the game copy maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You install the mod via the "Pre-Sync" button.

In most cases you not only have to wait for the download strip on the bottom left to finish, but it will open a dos window (white on black charaters) which processes the downloaded pack into a working form.

First time I've run into this too, pressing the "Play Mod" button too soon.

On 8/11/2021 at 7:00 PM, sphereii said:

Thank you.

For others, let me know if this problem exists for you as well. If there's a bigger problem, I'd like the opportunity to fix it without uninstalling and re-installing it for everyone.

I've updated it via the in-program message to the same directory.

Everything works. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Just discovered the new Unity version of the launcher. Very excite. I am on Linux. There's one main problem:

Whenever I run it, it does an update (of 400-odd mb) and it does this every time, even if I close it and start it again in 5 minutes.

The version is 3.0.3.13

The directory shows:

7D2DModLauncher_Data

LinuxPlayer_s.debug

UnityPlayer.so
7D2DModLauncher.x86_64 <-- I run this one

UnityPlayer_s.debug

4 minutes ago, dbat said:

Just discovered the new Unity version of the launcher. Very excite. I am on Linux. There's one main problem:

Whenever I run it, it does an update (of 400-odd mb) and it does this every time, even if I close it and start it again in 5 minutes.

The version is 3.0.3.13

The directory shows:

7D2DModLauncher_Data

LinuxPlayer_s.debug

UnityPlayer.so
7D2DModLauncher.x86_64 <-- I run this one

UnityPlayer_s.debug

Hmm, I'm wondering if there's a permission issue with it trying to save the files it downloaded. Are you running it as a regular user? 

Just now, sphereii said:

Hmm, I'm wondering if there's a permission issue with it trying to save the files it downloaded. Are you running it as a regular user? 

Yes. It's in my home directory. I tried to look at what files where open, etc., but could not make much sense of it. There are no overt error messages anywhere. Is there a log I can watch?

1 minute ago, dbat said:

Yes. It's in my home directory. I tried to look at what files where open, etc., but could not make much sense of it. There are no overt error messages anywhere. Is there a log I can watch?

Log Files: ~/.config/unity3d/SphereII Software/ModLauncher/Player.log

Install Folder: ~/.config/unity3d/SphereII Software/7D2DModLauncher/

Regardless of where you run the 7D2DModlauncher, it will install in the above folder. Take a look in there and see if there's anything there. 

4 minutes ago, sphereii said:

Log Files: ~/.config/unity3d/SphereII Software/ModLauncher/Player.log

Install Folder: ~/.config/unity3d/SphereII Software/7D2DModLauncher/

Regardless of where you run the 7D2DModlauncher, it will install in the above folder. Take a look in there and see if there's anything there. 

In .../7D2DModLauncher/Player.log I find the only thing that looks bug-like:

..snip..

requesting resize 768 x 432
resizing window to 768 x 432
Desktop is 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
UnloadTime: 1.789935 ms
Initialize Lock

NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.
  at System.Threading.Mutex..ctor (System.Boolean initiallyOwned, System.String name, System.Boolean& createdNew) [0x00006] in <2b3a3162be434770b7a4fac8b896e90c>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Threading.Mutex..ctor(bool,string,bool&)
  at SIDGIN.Patcher.Standalone.SingleInstanceControl.CheckInstance () [0x00000] in <879c2b2703464b50942117fbf745d5e7>:0
  at SIDGIN.Patcher.Unity.SGPatcher.  () [0x0001b] in <f4dd252254134fe8b115aa481e02276c>:0

Maybe?

I don't see any permission errors. There is another Player.log in ../7D2DModLauncher/ModLauncher/Player.log which has no error messages that I can see.

Let me know if you want logs and whatever else. Happy to try assist!

Just now, dbat said:

Can you think of anything I might put in a file (say a config, or something) that could fool the launcher into thinking the update has been done?

I'm doing a manual build for you now, which will buy me some time to look into that particular bug.

4 minutes ago, sphereii said:

You are too kind.

Download and extract https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DModLauncher/archive/refs/heads/Linux.zip, then run ModLauncher

Okay, gradual download commencing. I'll let ya know soon as.

By sweet baby Zeus, she runs without an update! Thanks Sir. I'll check back on this thread more often in case you need feedback. Good luck debugging.

So, there's another observation for you. I have been trying (via command line too) to fetch the ZombieDayz from git and I get this fail every time:

...lots of objects these...

Receiving objects:  50% (5842/11660), 561.20 MiB | 473.00 KiB/s   

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

fatal: early EOF

fatal: index-pack failed

Null

Then it just stops. If I restart, it starts from 0% again.

It seems that git clone cannot be made to continue a failed download. I google a bit and found this snippet:

git clone --depth 1 WHATEVER.git .
git fetch --unshallow

Apparently once step one is done, step two can be interrupted and be resumed. If you think that holds any water, maybe you can stick on option in the settings for "I have an unreliable connection, do your best to make downloads resume" or something.

(Maybe make it possible to also fetch the zip rather than a clone? Although, this also has timeout issues.)