The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

On 10/12/2022 at 6:14 PM, sphereii said:

The Update button does update the mods. What manual step are you doing? 

I am getting the mod from their website, downloading it and manually inserting it where it needs to be - I checked the versions before and after using the "update button" some reason my one does not seem to update the version - when there is a newer version has been announced and released.

1 hour ago, xPandaBoo said:

I am getting the mod from their website, downloading it and manually inserting it where it needs to be - I checked the versions before and after using the "update button" some reason my one does not seem to update the version - when there is a newer version has been announced and released.

https://imgur.com/a/h5ZTdsB

here are my steps in prnt scrn... my taskbar is there for the time. 

13 hours ago, xPandaBoo said:

The ModLauncher uses a program called git to download the mod. This contains tracking information for it to check for updates and changes. It uses this information to download the update.

If you are downloading manually, and placing the files where they are supposed to be, this tracking information is just not available.

2 hours ago, sphereii said:

The ModLauncher uses a program called git to download the mod. This contains tracking information for it to check for updates and changes. It uses this information to download the update.

If you are downloading manually, and placing the files where they are supposed to be, this tracking information is just not available.

Funny how it never worked which is why people are forced to manually do it and all the "help" you offer is denying the problem exists

Edited by meganoth
ad hominem (see edit history)

39 minutes ago, Vampire Monkey said:

Funny how it never worked which is why people are forced to manually do it and all the "help" you offer is denying the problem exists.

Sphereii gave the reason why it doesn't work for xPandoBoo and explained how it would work. I can attest that friends of mine who use the mod launcher had no problems installing "Undead Legacy". 

Funny that it works. Only people who have problems usually post here. You won't see hundreds of "hey it works" posts because people without problems don't post.

YOU yourself failed to post ANY information about YOUR problem and add insults into every post. No wonder nobody can help you. Sphereii asked you about the mod launcher version and what mod you are trying to install and you never answered.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Vampire Monkey said:

Funny how it never worked which is why people are forced to manually do it and all the "help" you offer is denying the problem exists

Hmm, the mod launchers, over the course of the last 8 years, has bee used by tens of thousands to play mods successfully. I'm sorry that it's not working for you.  I know the mod launchers are certainly not flawless, and I'm sorry if you feel I have denied the existence of the issue you, or others,  are experiencing.

If the forums are too challenging to get support, you can join my discord. Either the community can help, or you can send me a DM and we'll see if we can sort out the problem.

https://discord.gg/RYDwtHstzX

• 2 months later...

Why did not I use the new version of the launcher.
1. Terribly small font in the mod selection menu!
It's strange where the launcher was installed, I did not understand.
It's not in the uninstall programs menu.
I'll try to delete it manually.
I continue to use the old version, thanks.
From the sound of the menu, my cat peed in fright :))

Edited by User2010w (see edit history)

1 hour ago, User2010w said:

Why did not I use the new version of the launcher.
1. Terribly small font in the mod selection menu!
It's strange where the launcher was installed, I did not understand.
It's not in the uninstall programs menu.
I'll try to delete it manually.
I continue to use the old version, thanks.
From the sound of the menu, my cat peed in fright :))

Sorry it did not work that well for you.  Do you have a screenshot of what you were seeing with regards to the mod selection menu?

V3 was just a zip file. You can delete it. V4, the experimental one, has an installer.

I also believe we disabled the sound in recent builds, if you were not running the latest version.

7 minutes ago, User2010w said:

image.thumb.png.bcf224d2e3dd079cc2959217e156bbc3.png

In the old version, in black and white, it looked better! Maybe business in the choice of color?

When you reduce the size of the window, the font is greatly reduced along with the window!

Thank you for the screenshot. What resolution are you working on?

I have a V4 mod launcher, which I wrote specifically for GamePass, and I still consider it testing. Maybe this version feels more comfortable? https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DModLauncher/releases/download/4.0.7.1/7D2DModLauncher.exe

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bobkuma said:

So while updating the mod launcher my anti virus caught it trying to install a trojan on my system.....

There's no trojans or any virus in the official mod launcher's installer / zip.

Which anti-virus program was it, and what did it report? Has the definitions been recently updated? Which mod launcher triggered it?

On 3/3/2023 at 4:37 PM, Bobkuma said:

Thanks. That's the third party patcher. Probably not too surprising the anti-virus is flagging it, as it does patch the mod launcher.

If you are still nervous about it, there's a V4 Experimental version that does not include the patcher: https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DModLauncher/releases

• 2 weeks later...

Hello sphereii,

Thanks for all the hard work. I'm having trouble finding a fix for a hiccup and I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.

My girlfriend recently installed the mod launcher onto her steam deck so we could play the Undead Legacy mod together. Everything worked fine, mod launcher and UL mod both ended up installed on the deck, but when we go to run it the game launches as vanilla 7D2D.

I double checked that the isolated copy was selected, the mod was selected, and everything is updated. I downloaded other overhaul mods and they launched just fine. I think the problem is the mod isnt 'deploying' when we launch the game, since the first time we tried it there was no delayed black screen before the vanilla main menu appeared.

Any advice on how to manually deploy/presync an overhaul mod in an isolated copy of the game? I appreciate any help and Im sorry if this was already asked.

6 minutes ago, Bielniv said:

Hello sphereii,

Thanks for all the hard work. I'm having trouble finding a fix for a hiccup and I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.

My girlfriend recently installed the mod launcher onto her steam deck so we could play the Undead Legacy mod together. Everything worked fine, mod launcher and UL mod both ended up installed on the deck, but when we go to run it the game launches as vanilla 7D2D.

I double checked that the isolated copy was selected, the mod was selected, and everything is updated. I downloaded other overhaul mods and they launched just fine. I think the problem is the mod isnt 'deploying' when we launch the game, since the first time we tried it there was no delayed black screen before the vanilla main menu appeared.

Any advice on how to manually deploy/presync an overhaul mod in an isolated copy of the game? I appreciate any help and Im sorry if this was already asked.

Is she using V4 of the mod launcher? That one supports steam deck, whereas V3 does not.

https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DModLauncher/releases

29 minutes ago, sphereii said:

Thanks for confirming. Can you have her click on the Logs button, and send over the logs.zip in that folder? If you dont have access to the files, or she doesn't have access to the forums, you can send an email to [email protected], and I'll take a look 

Done. Subject line is my username and Logs.zip File.

• 2 weeks later...

V5 of the Mod Launcher is nearing the end of development. It's faster, and is more reliable in downloads. Hopefully it'll also fix up confusing aspects of the UI.

In additional, it also will be the first version of the Mod Launcher that will be available to MacOS users.  I am not very experienced with MacOS, however, I was able to install a VM, and have it run the mod launcher, install a mod, and start the game. 

If anyone is interested in testing the MacOS version ( or the Linux / Windows versions ), please visit the temp website: https://the7d2dmodlauncher.github.io/7D2DModLauncherV5/ for download links. When providing feedback, please let me know that you are using V5 of the mod launcher.

I'm interested in all manner of feedback: website, UI, ease of use, suggestions, etc.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, sphereii said:

Click on Install New Mods, and in the blank drop down, select Alpha 16

I did that. What I showed on the next screen is result of that. I showed it the path to my local vanilla copy of A16, pressed 'clone' (it did that), but it says "no version selected" and I can't select any version from the drop down below (tested it on 2 versions of war of the walkers and undead legacy for A16)

6 minutes ago, boban said:

I did that. What I showed on the next screen is result of that. I showed it the path to my local vanilla copy of A16, pressed 'clone' (it did that), but it says "no version selected" and I can't select any version from the drop down below (tested it on 2 versions of war of the walkers and undead legacy for A16)

Its possible that some of the older mods just don't work with him. I'd have to investigate why they aren't working.