The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

5 minutes ago, VagabondClown said:

I just did. Subject line is "zip file as requested"

Thank you.

In the Mod Launcher, I see there's a section for the MANUAL INSTALL and INSTALLED OVERHAULS. Are we consistently picking the same one to run? I wonder if the ModLauncher is getting confused. Try using just the INSTALLED OVERHAULS one consistently.

2 minutes ago, sphereii said:

Thank you.

In the Mod Launcher, I see there's a section for the MANUAL INSTALL and INSTALLED OVERHAULS. Are we consistently picking the same one to run? I wonder if the ModLauncher is getting confused. Try using just the INSTALLED OVERHAULS one consistently.

It's hard to tell what's selected just because of the way the installer looks. He just tried both, and they are both coming up empty. So it doesn't appear to be pointing toward where the save files are. How do we get it to point to the right folder, and go there consistently?

At first, hubby tried to install everything to the D drive, because that's where he puts all his game-related stuff. But it installed on the C drive anyway, and the Installed Overhauls section wasn't even showing. So then he reinstalled to the C drive since he thought that might have caused an issue, and so then the Installed Overhauls section showed up.

I'm not sure if that means anything, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case. The main thing is getting it to point to the right folder. As mentioned before, the first time we played it ran fine. The second time we played I used the Add existing install button to get it to point to the right folder and then we could play again. Didn't know there was any reason/need to select Manual Install or Installed Overhauls at all (I have the old launcher on my computer, so I'm not having the same experience with getting it to run). Once the Add existing install was pointing to the right place, he just hit the Play button at the top middle of the screen and that was it. It worked. But now it's not.

18 minutes ago, VagabondClown said:

It's hard to tell what's selected just because of the way the installer looks. He just tried both, and they are both coming up empty. So it doesn't appear to be pointing toward where the save files are. How do we get it to point to the right folder, and go there consistently?

At first, hubby tried to install everything to the D drive, because that's where he puts all his game-related stuff. But it installed on the C drive anyway, and the Installed Overhauls section wasn't even showing. So then he reinstalled to the C drive since he thought that might have caused an issue, and so then the Installed Overhauls section showed up.

I'm not sure if that means anything, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case. The main thing is getting it to point to the right folder. As mentioned before, the first time we played it ran fine. The second time we played I used the Add existing install button to get it to point to the right folder and then we could play again. Didn't know there was any reason/need to select Manual Install or Installed Overhauls at all (I have the old launcher on my computer, so I'm not having the same experience with getting it to run). Once the Add existing install was pointing to the right place, he just hit the Play button at the top middle of the screen and that was it. It worked. But now it's not.

He can clickon the Gear Cog on the side to change where the Mods are installed at, if he wanted to put everything on D:. Once changed, he'll have to restart the Mod Launcher for it to take effect.

Maybe that's the first thing he should do, then re-install the Mod and see if the problem persists. He can delete the C:\7D2D folder to clean it all up.

2 minutes ago, sphereii said:

He can clickon the Gear Cog on the side to change where the Mods are installed at, if he wanted to put everything on D:. Once changed, he'll have to restart the Mod Launcher for it to take effect.

Maybe that's the first thing he should do, then re-install the Mod and see if the problem persists. He can delete the C:\7D2D folder to clean it all up.

He's a bit ahead of you and has cleaned everything up (after backing up our game) and is doing a reinstall. He figures that all the trying to move it around got it messed up somewhere. Hopefully it will work.

By the way - he wanted me to pass on to you that he really enjoys reading all the little comments that show while it's installing (it currently says "I'm going to walk the dog"). He gets tickled by reading them while he waits, and said good for you for adding those in. :)

19 minutes ago, VagabondClown said:

He's a bit ahead of you and has cleaned everything up (after backing up our game) and is doing a reinstall. He figures that all the trying to move it around got it messed up somewhere. Hopefully it will work.

By the way - he wanted me to pass on to you that he really enjoys reading all the little comments that show while it's installing (it currently says "I'm going to walk the dog"). He gets tickled by reading them while he waits, and said good for you for adding those in. :)

Let me know how he makes out! And I'm glad he appreciates them :)

6 minutes ago, sphereii said:

Let me know how he makes out! And I'm glad he appreciates them :)

Well we got it to work. I created a new game with a name I could find easily, and then copied our existing save into that same folder so now it's on the list. We still can't tell if it's using Manual Install or Installed Overhauls (how do you tell which one is selected, by the way?), but if we just open the launcher and click directly on play it seems to be fine. I exited the launcher and relaunched it three or four times and our game is there each time. Hopefully it'll stay that way. I'll let you know if it doesn't.

Thank you for your time and your help!

• 1 month later...

For those interested, I have an experimental version of ModLauncherV4. This version of the game uses the Alpha 20.4 mods folder change and supports the Game Pass edition.

• It's smaller, loads faster, has a Windows Installer.
  • Clearer UI ( I hope? ) allowing more intuitive use
  • Automatically checks for Steam folders to know where your game is. If not, press ADD DEFAULTS.
  • For GamePass users, create a short cut to the game on your desktop, and the ModLauncherV4 will find it. Press ADD DEFAULTS if it does not.
  • Different download system: Downloads zip files, instead of the large git.  It's more reliable, but not as good for incremental updates
  • Displays a message when there is an update to the mod you are playing.
  • Allows you to download older versions of the mod, and play it.
  • Mods will be installed in the same place as normal  ( C:\7D2D, changed through Settings menu )
  • Most mods will work with GamePass. Some overhauls will not work currently. A popup will appear when its unsupported when you have only GamePass
  • For those overhauls, the ModLauncher V4 will copy the Steam version into its own folder, like it has traditionally done. This is unsupported for the GamePass version.
  • Modlet Support: This is coming in a future update as I plan it out. Until then, you can click on Open Mods Folder, and copy your modlets into it.

Download the latest release here: https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DModLauncher/releases, and run 7D2DModLauncher.exe.  Linux version is coming.

A note to all users: This is experimental. I would suggest go into your Settings and change your default folder to something like C:\7D2D2, to avoid conflicting with your existing installs. 

I made a YouTube playlist to get people started. Better videos will be coming.

Linux release has been published: https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DModLauncher/releases

New youtube video in the playlist showing instructions on how to install it for Ubuntu. Other distributions may vary, but should be similar flow.

On 5/23/2022 at 7:53 AM, n2n1 said:

How about Cyrillic fonts support in the shell of new version mod-launcher? ;)

I added support for Cyrillic in the latest version, but unsure of how to test it.

4 hours ago, sphereii said:

I added support for Cyrillic in the latest version, but unsure of how to test it.

In the description of my mod (Classic Style Hardcore) there is a Cyrillic.
But for now, my mod is in the A19 category.
In the new version of the Mod-launcher, is the installation of overhauls for A19 available?

(...i suspect that for this need to have A19 installed so that a list of mods for A19 is available?)

One more question.
My mod under A20 - is a replacement of the files of the vanilla. (I.e. old school overhaul). It does not use any files in external folders.
Does the new Mod-launcher support such things?

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, n2n1 said:

In the description of my mod (Classic Style Hardcore) there is a Cyrillic alphabet.
But for now, my mod is in the A19 category.
In the new version of the Mod-launcher, is the installation of overhauls for A19 available?

(...i suspect that for this need to have A19 installed so that a list of mods for A19 is available?)

image.thumb.png.66909fca99de6595704ba70677acd084.png

5 hours ago, n2n1 said:

One more question.
My mod under A20 - is a replacement of the files of the vanilla. (I.e. old school overhaul). It does not use any files in external folders.
Does the new Mod-launcher support such things?

I would flag it to be "isolated". It would make a full copy of the game like all the old mod launchers did.

On 5/27/2022 at 1:22 AM, sphereii said:

I would flag it to be "isolated". It would make a full copy of the game like all the old mod launchers did.

Where can i set this parameter?

it is in the xml:

<DownloadMode>Clone</DownloadMode>

is it here?

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

ねえ。MODランチャーでゲームを起動すると、7dtdロゴとともに赤い三角形のマークに「!」記号が表示されているため、ゲームがドロップします。誰も原因を知っていますか?

3 hours ago, dymira said:

ねえ。MODランチャーでゲームを起動すると、7dtdロゴとともに赤い三角形のマークに「!」記号が表示されているため、ゲームがドロップします。誰も原因を知っていますか?

we would need to see the game's log file to know the cause.  If you exit the ModLauncher, look for a logs.zip in the ModLauncher's folder. Send that over to me, and I will take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure many people have been posting about this but I could not find a recent query.

I finally got everything set in my server, added the mods, got them into the mod launcher but now every time I attempt to log into my server I get the following:

unknown.png

I made sure EAC was in my folders. made sure it was turned on in steam. 

I have searched the mod launcher but cannot find the check box for EAC anywhere. Please help.

21 minutes ago, Dreamangelcore said:

Guess I just will not use the launcher

Sorry for the delay. You could, of course, opt not to use the ModLauncher. All mods are available for manual downloads as well.

But specifically, that error, requires you to turn off EAC in the server settings. EAC needs to be off for the mods, that's why the ModLauncher is not showing you an option to use it.

• 2 months later...
On 10/8/2022 at 8:09 PM, sphereii said:

Sorry you are having trouble. Let's see if we can get you sorted out.

Which Mod Launcher are you using, and which mod are you trying to update?

Greetings Sphereii,
The update button for your mod launcher specifically "undead legacy experimental" will not update that mod which I believe it is intended to do so. Instead it has to be done manually which I find very complicated. So I would very much appreciate it if you could sort out the mod launcher and allow me to update from the button so I can continue using your launcher. Thankyou very much kind (insert preferred pronoun here). 

5 minutes ago, xPandaBoo said:

Greetings Sphereii,
The update button for your mod launcher specifically "undead legacy experimental" will not update that mod which I believe it is intended to do so. Instead it has to be done manually which I find very complicated. So I would very much appreciate it if you could sort out the mod launcher and allow me to update from the button so I can continue using your launcher. Thankyou very much kind (insert preferred pronoun here). 

The Update button does update the mods. What manual step are you doing?