The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

I tried installing the mod launcher, but I have run into a problem in the form of an error message. Please help? Not sure what to do. Nevermind, clearly I am out of my element here. Sorry. Feel free to delete this post.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27457[/ATTACH]

I am sorry, but I'm not able to see the attachment.

I know. I deleted them because they were way too small to see. I am embarrassed to admit it, but I don't know how to make the screen shot big enough to see, all three of my attempts were just really small. I did a screen shot capture, put in it my paint program, saved it first in a .png and then as a .jpeg. Playing around with the resizing kept either cutting off some of the error page or just not being big enough. So I finally gave up. Sorry to have wasted any of your time. :)

I know. I deleted them because they were way too small to see. I am embarrassed to admit it, but I don't know how to make the screen shot big enough to see, all three of my attempts were just really small. I did a screen shot capture, put in it my paint program, saved it first in a .png and then as a .jpeg. Playing around with the resizing kept either cutting off some of the error page or just not being big enough. So I finally gave up. Sorry to have wasted any of your time. :)

No need to be embarrassed about not knowing something :)

I use imgur.com to host my image. I can take a screenshot (ALT-PRNT SCR), and just CTRL-V in imgur to upload it.

Are you having an issue with the mod launcher?

Yeah. I tried downloading it a few different time and it kept popping up an error saying-

"Error starting application:System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSvn.dll' or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT:0x800700C1)

There is a far bit more to the page but hopefully that helps?

Yeah. I tried downloading it a few different time and it kept popping up an error saying-

"Error starting application:System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSvn.dll' or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT:0x800700C1)

There is a far bit more to the page but hopefully that helps?

What OS are you running? Is it 32-bit?

Sphereii, I tried loading the launcher on my husband's computer, he hadn't uninstalled like I had(long story on that one, suffice to say I don't have that particular profile on my computer :miserable:). It also throws an error for him. His computer runs windows 10.

System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (SubscriptionState)

-The deployment identity does not match the subscription.

-Source: System.Development

Also I asked a friend who also plays 7dtd to try to download the launcher and it also wouldn't load up for him. He also had windows 10.

Edited by myschyef (see edit history)

Sphereii, I tried loading the launcher on my husband's computer, he hadn't uninstalled like I had(long story on that one, suffice to say I don't have that particular profile on my computer :miserable:). It also throws an error for him. His computer runs windows 10.

System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (SubscriptionState)

-The deployment identity does not match the subscription.

-Source: System.Development

Also I asked a friend who also plays 7dtd to try to download the launcher and it also wouldn't load up for him. He also had windows 10.

Are you installing from the new installer? https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/ThickInstaller/blob/master/SetupInstaller.msi?raw=true

Yes. Just for good measure I uninstalled the launcher and reinstalled with the link you just provided. Same error.

Ok i posted an image to imgur. Every link i try to copy for the insert image from url says invalid. Which should I use to post?

You can send me a direct message with it, if you'd like. Or just paste the URL in a forum post.

Feature request

Always re-downloading the mods is problematic for some players with poor/limited internet connections.

Is it possible to add a feature to exclude some downloads from auto updates?

For example if you have a server with one huge mod download and a few smaller downloads. The huge mod does not get updated but the smaller ones are updated frequently.

Could we be able to control this with parameters in the server configuration file?

<Downloads>
   <Download Update="Never">http://myserver.com/massive_static_mod.zip</Download>
   <Download Update="Pre-Sync">http://myserver.com/large_mod_sometimes_updated.zip</Download>
   <Download Update="Auto">http://myserver.com/smaller_mods_frequently_updated.zip</Download>
</Downloads>

Never - only download once

Pre-Sync - only download when Pre-Sync Mod is pressed

Auto - (Default) Automatically download when Refresh Mods Automatically is checked

Always re-downloading the mods is problematic for some players with poor/limited internet connections.

Is it possible to add a feature to exclude some downloads from auto updates?

For example if you have a server with one huge mod download and a few smaller downloads. The huge mod does not get updated but the smaller ones are updated frequently.

Could we be able to control this with parameters in the server configuration file?

<Downloads>
   <Download Update="Never">http://myserver.com/massive_static_mod.zip</Download>
   <Download Update="Pre-Sync">http://myserver.com/large_mod_sometimes_updated.zip</Download>
   <Download Update="Auto">http://myserver.com/smaller_mods_frequently_updated.zip</Download>
</Downloads>

Never - only download once

Pre-Sync - only download when Pre-Sync Mod is pressed

Auto - (Default) Automatically download when Refresh Mods Automatically is checked

It'd be possible, but how would you flag it when you do inevitably update? And you'd have to know how to download it first.

Have you looked into hosting on Github? It allows incremental updates like you'd describe, and would only download the individual files that have changed, as opposed to the entire zip file.

It'd be possible, but how would you flag it when you do inevitably update? And you'd have to know how to download it first.

Have you looked into hosting on Github? It allows incremental updates like you'd describe, and would only download the individual files that have changed, as opposed to the entire zip file.

Ah... I think I just found the errors of my ways. I was using github but was missing the DownloadMode = Clone tag in the config

Good day Sphereii

I have a quick question and maybe silly .. In the "Installed Modlets" window .. you show the main Mod installed with a check box next to it and then under it you have the other mods that are installed ..

I'm going to use "Darkness Falls" for an example .. it has 2 main mods both boxes unchecked works fine .. But I added 2 more other mods and installed them into the "Mod Folder" in same game folder .. And .. They work fine .. All boxes unchecked .. OK .. anyway everything is working as it should.

Question .. are these boxes supposed to be checked if the mods are installed in the mod folder and everything is working .. OR .. are the boxes mainly for _ IF you want to disable a mod _ but don't want to remove said mod. ??

Yel .. I know .. quick question with a lot said :smile-new: .. Anyway I was just wondering about that as I was loading up the game.

Thank you and as always .. Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Good day Sphereii

I have a quick question and maybe silly .. In the "Installed Modlets" window .. you show the main Mod installed with a check box next to it and then under it you have the other mods that are installed ..

I'm going to use "Darkness Falls" for an example .. it has 2 main mods both boxes unchecked works fine .. But I added 2 more other mods and installed them into the "Mod Folder" in same game folder .. And .. They work fine .. All boxes unchecked .. OK .. anyway everything is working as it should.

Question .. are these boxes supposed to be checked if the mods are installed in the mod folder and everything is working .. OR .. are the boxes mainly for _ IF you want to disable a mod _ but don't want to remove said mod. ??

Yel .. I know .. quick question with a lot said :smile-new: .. Anyway I was just wondering about that as I was loading up the game.

Thank you and as always .. Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

The Checked vs UnChecked only affects whether you want to disable or delete them. If they are listed,they'll be available unless you check and disable them.

Hello Sphere

I'm looking for some help to have the pack of mods from my server available through the mod launcher. My questions are

- I use some modlets that are not mine, can I list them together with my own mods in the pack?

- There are a few changes that are outside the mods folder, how do I prepare those files so the mod launcher knows where to put and override certain stuff?

thank you