World not generating properly and id errors

UK_Stevo

If anyone is able to help me i have compiled a bunch of mods to play with and i used kinggen to create a world for me and once i loaded in and started exploring i noticed ahead of me the world wasnt loading properly and as i got closer i fell through the map and landed back on the surface unable to move until i reloaded the world. Once i reloaded, that section that was previously not fully loaded was fine but then the same would happen a little further down the road i cant keeping quitting and reloading every five minutes so any help would be greatly appreciated

And ive added what comes up on the console when entering a new area,also i have a few id errors 214,220,219,229,218,66 and 517

i have also restarted multiple worlds to see if it would fix itself but it just keep happening

r/7daystodie - World not generating properly

You should definitely post this in the support subforum. read the pinned thread on how to post in that thread and include logs posted via pastebin.

Some of your mods are not playing well together, are not updated for the version you are on, or both.

First: please post your games error log (everyone asks for it when there are game issues, and it will also show all the mods you loaded)

Second: my guess for the loot Id errors is that some of the mods are colliding with each other, and the game is trying to populate the loot ids and they no longer exist (because of mods).  Not all mods are compatible with each other.

im not familiar with KingGen and how it handles mods that have content (like prefabs, etc) that would require a new world generation to be placed, but maybe that’s the map issue and the loot id error issue is separate. Hard to tell at this point.

Also I created a new world multiple times from the game itself since my kinggen world so it's not kinggen I'm now assuming. I haven't got very far in my playthrough so starting new worlds until I figure out this problem is not an issue, when I get home from work I can list all the mods I'm using to maybe help see what ones could be conflicting with each other 

Two rules:

1) Is one of your mods a big overhaul mod then throw out all other mods.

2) If the number of your mods is in the double digits, you like to live dangerously 😉

A simple procedure to find the problem: Remove half of your mods, create a new game and see if it works?

If yes, you can add mods one at a time, create a new game and test until it starts to break. The last mod added is not compatible.

If not, remove one more mod, create a new game and test again. Do this until it works. The last you removed is one that is not compatible

1)No

2)Double digits ummm i have 101 mods im shocked to hear that because i have another modded world with my son that has 47 and we have no problems with that world all i did was add to the 47 and created my own world

adding one at a time and checking is simple but very time consuming i was hoping someone may know my problem without having to do that. That was going to be a last resort type situation

Well if the 47 mods you had on another world didn't give you an error, then it looks like one or more of the additional 54 mods you added to the your world is causing a conflict with either the vanilla game or some of the mods themselves.

Something to try out is to remove those additional mods and just do the same 47 mods that your son was using on his world.  If your world runs fine, then that will point that the issue lies in the 54 mods you added to the original list of 47.

After that, it becomes a point to review all mods and figure out which ones are causing the conflicts.  I would also review the mods to see what was the last version that they updated to.  Anything that wasn't updated to run with Alpha 19 is a crapshoot. <- I am assuming you are playing Alpha 19 right now.

I looked at your mod list and nothing jumped out as an “ah ha!” that was incompatible with something I’m aware of. I was mostly looking for an overhaul mod being loaded, and I don’t see any. I’ve run games with over 100 mods and it’s true that this is asking for trouble. Usually I have to make changes to some of the mods if I really want them, or I remove ones with lots of issues. 
 I have a small piece of advice: when loading any mods, when the game first starts up (like when it’s doing the “tips” loading screen) hit F1 and the console will pop up and you can watch the game load. It’s all guesses and experience from here, but if you see a lot of red or yellow go by and it looks like it’s all from 1 mod, remove that mod first and then shut down the game (all the way to steam) and start over.  Basically this will weed out the “worst offenders” of either not being compatible with your game version, or that is having issues with other mods. It doesn’t mean that mod is bad, just it had errors when loaded with some other mods. Also: not all yellow/red lines in the console output are bad, and with a lot of mods it will happen.

also: as I understand it, the reason mods can have issues with each other (and the game) is because there is no mechanism in the mods for a mod (or mod author) to restrict the mod to only load in a game that it is compatible with, not is there a way to be able to make a list of mods not compatible with it, and have the game use that. And most mod authors (I believe) don’t test if their mods are compatible with “everything”, they just write the mod and put it out there. So even if a mod has issues, it may be because it was only written for a certain version of the game (and not updated) or it simply modded a small thing that another mod also tried to mod. 

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

Also: just glancing at your log file, there are also errors and warnings there. Some examples refer to DMT issues (these may be DMT mods that may need DMT. I can’t help with this as I never use DMT stuff (my system cannot use them).

other examples are multiple lines referring to ERR block …posters as well as paintings . To me this likely is because you have added multiple mods that have posters and painting blocks (like for decor) and they are both using the same block names. So also try removing some/one as well. The log doesn’t say which mods they come from :(

also

seeing some colliding/duplicate loot ids, which means 2 (or more?) mods made a loot container and used the same ID.  I don’t think the log nor the console output shows how to fix this. The only way I know how to do it is to do a file level search of the loot id and find all of the “loot.xml” files that have it then either : remove the mod(s)you want to remove with the loot ids that were in that loot.xml file, leaving only 1 of those mods or literally try to modify the loot ids (and their references). I don’t recommend the latter option unless you just personally do not want to remove a colliding mod. 

Thanks i really appreciate your replies i will go through and see what ones need dmt because i was avoiding them ones but maybe a few slipped past me when i was downloading them all lol and il remove all the poster/paintings as well and see how i go

Edited by UK_Stevo (see edit history)