What weapons do you think need adjustment?

ShellHead

On 6/30/2021 at 6:21 PM, hiemfire said:

You landclaim POIs you're questing in?

pois for questing in dont care about being destroyed because when you start a quest the building is reset back to its original state. Why woudl you care about griefers?

edit: rferead the original post since I forgot what it said. Still dont think griefing is something the devs should be very worried about like that. This game isnt meant to play with a whole bunch of random strangers as much as a small-medium group of up to 8 friends.  It's more of a coop game, not a pvp every man for themselves game at its base.

Edited by myrkana (see edit history)

On 6/29/2021 at 12:58 PM, meganoth said:

Exactly. I prefer the bow to the crossbow because I the adjusting to distance is a fun challenge. And when I hit something 50 blocks away that is actually an accomplishment.

The crossbow is a very good choice for agility players who try to stealth through buildings in end game. Glowies wake up much more often when you use a silenced pistol.

Yeah, I kill the non glowies with the bow, or crossbow, then depending on what the glowy is, I'll use an iron arrowhead or the pistol.

Cops, and Feral anything use the pistol if I don't have iron arrowheads or can't see their head for a clear shot.

The obvious tweak is the Spear, I think it clunky and weak, a bit of a novelty early game and I never seen anyone of my mates "stick" to it up to Steel spear.

Another one is the Shotgun, the range is too short, and the excessive block damage to wood and other weaker materials make swiss cheese out of building clears and damages base defences.

IRL a Combat Shotgun effective range is approx 30 meters with buckshot, not 5 blocks (5 meters).

Edited by Ripflex (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Ripflex said:

The obvious tweak is the Spear, I think it clunky and weak, a bit of a novelty early game and I never seen anyone of my mates "stick" to it up to Steel spear.

Another one is the Shotgun, the range is too short, and the excessive block damage to wood and other weaker materials make swiss cheese out of building clears and damages base defences.

IRL a Combat Shotgun effective range is approx 30 meters with buckshot, not 5 blocks (5 meters).

Can't be helped, all distances in the game are compressed. Zombies only spawn near you, if combat shotgun had 30 meters range, and automatic weapons correspondingly more range as well, the marksman rifle would be indistinguishable from a tatical rifle except for the smaller magazine

Plus the shotgun’s short range is an important offset for its sheer stopping power, giving it range equivalent to a high end 9mm or low end AR would make it insanely powerful as well as mess up its multi-target.

i very much agree about the spear though, as it stands the damage on the regular attack isn’t enough to properly keep pace with the other options, the reach and armor piercing aren’t quite enough to make it worth using.

On 7/6/2021 at 9:41 AM, ShellHead said:

Plus the shotgun’s short range is an important offset for its sheer stopping power, giving it range equivalent to a high end 9mm or low end AR would make it insanely powerful as well as mess up its multi-target.

i very much agree about the spear though, as it stands the damage on the regular attack isn’t enough to properly keep pace with the other options, the reach and armor piercing aren’t quite enough to make it worth using.

Not to mention that another perk of the shotgun is the lack of the need for brass in its ammo types.