Some of the base buildings have been reset.

susumu0607

8 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Have heard of stack size/forge mods causing this too.

I concur. I decommed the "MeanCloud__ForgesHold1M" forge mod I was maintaining that allowed > 30k forge items per forge item slot as it could caused various game corruption issues.  I didn't see this specifically but it caused all sorts of issues.  Multiple people complained about "it broke my game" and I finally was able to reproduce when someone gave me more info as it was not easy to reproduce corruption.

4 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Yep that 30k stack mod does this all the time.

Interesting. I was not aware other "mods that caused stacking over 30k" had issues!

If the stack type is a signed short then the max stack size is 32,767. Once you go over that it loops to -32,768. No idea what that would do. Technically speaking, if the devs wanted more stack size it would be trivial to use an unsigned short and allow stacks of 65,535. Go over that and it loops back to zero, so I guess you would theoretically lose the stack. They probably don't believe you need 32,000 items in a stack though, and I think that's a tad insane personally.

15 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

If the stack type is a signed short then the max stack size is 32,767. Once you go over that it loops to -32,768. No idea what that would do. Technically speaking, if the devs wanted more stack size it would be trivial to use an unsigned short and allow stacks of 65,535. Go over that and it loops back to zero, so I guess you would theoretically lose the stack. They probably don't believe you need 32,000 items in a stack though, and I think that's a tad insane personally.

I wrote up a post kinda guessing the same thing :) in the game XML they have it capped at 30k, which I guess is because its a nice round number.  My personal *belief* is that the game *allows* larger stacks while running, but when the game is saved ?some? things are signed short int in the save file/format.

"Once you go over that it loops to -32,768. No idea what that would do.": in my tests, it gave negative forge contents, and caused weirdness like "forge deleted when reentering game", etc. :)

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)