enZombies - More Zombie Variations

ErrorNull

6 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

Unfortunately I have not heard of any way to get rid of that. It annoys me too, and we're not the only ones. I can do a deeper dive into the C# code, but since it annoys a whole lot of people, if there was a solution it probably would have been published already.

i cannot argue with that logic, and it makes me sad.

i haven't had the time to try yet, but i was going to experiment with using buffs and some of those twitch integration code to spawn zombies and kinda 'fake' some sort of wandering horde spawning that uses cvars or buffs to add in zombie difficulty progression. have you heard anyone trying that angle yet?

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, ErrorNull said:

i cannot argue with that logic, and it makes me sad.

i haven't had the time to try yet, but i was going to experiment with using buffs and some of those twitch integration code to spawn zombies and kinda 'fake' some sort of wandering horde spawning that uses cvars or buffs to add in zombie difficulty progression. have you heard anyone trying that angle yet?

I have not. If it works I'm going to steal it. :)

10 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

I have not. If it works I'm going to steal it. :)

here's a bit of pseudo-code i've been tossing around:

• do random roll every 8-12 hrs
  • if roll fails, do nothing and wait for next cycle
  • if roll succeeds, initiate wandering horde spawn
    • check some sort of metric that progresses with time (player level, gamestage, game days, etc.
    • also check what biome the player is currently in
    • spawn in a wandering horde based on the biome, and spawn in zombies based on the progression metric
      • the higher the player level or gamestage, or days in the game has passed, the tougher the zombies that will be selected to spawn

i'm hoping there's a way via xml to read in the player level, gamestage, or game days. if you figure it out first, i'll steal it.

4 hours ago, Ru Melin said:

Ähm, sorry that I shortly ask. EnZombies is a serverside only Mod and can used in a existing save game? Are the patches for EnZombies serverside only, too? Best regards

yea all my mods are server side.

but NPCMod is not server side. so even though my NPCMod patches are also server side, you will need to install the main NPCMod files (SCore, NPCCore, and the NPCMod expansion packs) on both the server and the client/player computers.

Add-Ons Update:

Finished the patch mods for Soldier Pack and Vault Dwellerz Pack by DarkStarDragon. You can now see the following NPCMod entities alongside enZombies below. Not all weapon varieties are shown in these pics, but all varieties do spawn.

Soldier Pack: Soldier1, Soldier2, Soldier3, Soldier4, and Officer

A20-6-2022-08-31-18-06-38.jpg

Vault Dwellerz Pack: Army Power Armor, Recon, Vault Security, Vault Residents, and Vault Boss and Vault Doctor

A20-6-2022-09-01-05-19-52.jpg

Download these patch mods from my GitHub page here. Or, from the main enZombies page - in the Patches section

Note: These zombies are not created by me, nor do I claim any credit. My patch mods simply make these zombies compatible with my enZombies mod. You still need to download the main zombie mod that my patch mod is intended for.

Install instructions:

1. Download the package which will include all the patch mods I've created.
  2. Open the package and find the folder that matches the target mod you want compatibility for.
  3. Take that folder and place it into your 7 Days to Die "Mods" folder.
  4. Be sure to have the main enZombies mod installed.
  5. Be sure you also install the main target mod that the patch is patching.

Great! You are super! I have to thank a lot.

In my opinion if I can wish me something I hope that you make a patch for:

1-RobotzPack by DarkStarDragon (Mechs and more!)
1-ZombiezPack by DarkStarDragon (DarkStar’s first zombies, wasn’t gonna happen until it did.)
1-PitFighterzPack by DarkStarDragon (MMA at its finest)
1-SurvivorzPack by DarkStarDragon (You are not alone!)
1-YeOldeUndeadPack by DarkStarDragon (Dem Bones!)
2-NPCXSpiderPack-ColonyExpansion by Arramus (An expansion for an expansion pack! Adds more spider variety. You need to load the cores AND the 1-NPCXSpiderPack expansion when you load this mod.)
1-GansStandardZombies by GanTheGrey (Gan is back with some of his A19 favorite normal zombies.)
 1-GansSpecialZombies by GanTheGrey (Like zombie oddities? Look no further…)
 1-khzmusik_Zombies by Khzmusik (As if you have enough zombies…)
1-khzmusik_Civilians by Khzmusik (Folks just like you, trying to survive.)

and the four creature packs and The Wasteland mod

If I can help you and you can explain me something how, than write me

Best regards

@Ru Melin yes my plan is the provide patch mods for all those that you listed above. it would take a bit of time to get through them, but you will see them eventually. 👍

Add-Ons Update:

Finished the patch mods for two smaller zombie mods by Arcueid/Gray Sage called Banshee Queen and Diamond Raid boss. They now properly spawn alongside enZombies. Their mod homepage is here: Banshee Queen | Diamond Raid Boss

Left to Right: Banshee Queen, Arlene, and Diamond Giant Raid Boss. Arlene there for perspective.

A20-6-2022-09-02-17-55-03.jpg

Download these patch mods from my GitHub page here. Or, from the main enZombies page - in the Patches section

Note: These zombies are not created by me, nor do I claim any credit. My patch mods simply make these zombies compatible with my enZombies mod. You still need to download the main zombie mod that my patch mod is intended for.

Install instructions:

2. Open the package and find the folder that matches the target mod you want compatibility for.

On 9/3/2022 at 1:59 AM, Ganeshakw said:

kindly keep links for all the mods and the patches which you have made on your enzombies page once the updates are made. It will make our life much easier.

Yep, the links to the original mod and the patches are in the Patches section on the front page, as well as the Readme.txt files inside each patch mod.

Add-Ons Update:

Finished more patch mods for the following NPCMod expansion packs (by Darkstardragon) below:

NPCMod PitFigherz Pack

A20.6_2022-09-02_20-54-28.jpg

NPCMod Robotz Pack

A20.6_2022-09-02_18-13-59.jpg

NPCMod Zombiesz Pack

A20.6_2022-09-02_20-36-36.jpg

Also finished a patch mod for the another zombie mod call MickkPewPew (original mod page). This patch also adds those zombies to the bloodmoon horde, which they originally were not:

MickkPewPew2022

A20.6_2022-09-03_08-26-21.jpg

Install instructions:

Add-Ons Update:

Finished more patch mods for the following NPCMod expansion packs (by Darkstardragon) below:

NPCMod SurvivorzPack Pack

A20-6-2022-09-03-17-16-21.jpg

NPCMod OrczPackAlpha Pack

A20-6-2022-09-03-20-14-10.jpg

NPCMod OrczPackBeta Pack

A20-6-2022-09-04-10-33-28.jpg

Install instructions:

I'm using a Server Manager track down Zombie Kills for "Money" to use for Teleport ingame store etc. The Server Manager is searching for Zombie at the beginning of the Name. This is hardcoded because of an old tfb Bug to Split Zombies from animals. Is it possibel to add Zombie to all Zombie names. What Files have to be edited. 

1 hour ago, Hagbard32 said:

Is it possibel to add Zombie to all Zombie names. What Files have to be edited. 

hi @Hagbard32 - yes you can go into the entityclasses.xml and use some clever find/replace function in your editor to quickly find lines like below:

<entity_class name="enBusinessman1" extends="EN_Zombie_Template_Male2">

...and then replace with such:

<entity_class name="ZombieBusinessman1" extends="EN_Zombie_Template_Male2">

also note that this will break the association between the human readable names for each zombie that's setup in localization.txt. to go the extra mile, you will want to make similar find/replace within localization.txt.

also breaks association between other add-on mods that looks for the unaltered zombie names. you will need to make the same alterations to those add on mods as well. this includes mods like:

- enZombieHarvest addon

- enZombieSettings addon

Is it possible for your server manager to track down zombies using other XML tags? if so, there may be an easier way.

Add-Ons Update:

Finished a patch mod for KHA20-TFP Behemoth mod by KhaineGB!

A20-6-2022-09-04-15-27-54.jpg

Download these patch mod from my GitHub page here. Or, from the main enZombies page - in the Patches section

Install instructions:

1. Download the main enZombiesPatches package which will include all the patch mods I've created so far.

7 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

hi @Hagbard32 - yes you can go into the entityclasses.xml and use some clever find/replace function in your editor to quickly find lines like below:

<entity_class name="enBusinessman1" extends="EN_Zombie_Template_Male2">

...and then replace with such:

<entity_class name="ZombieBusinessman1" extends="EN_Zombie_Template_Male2">

also note that this will break the association between the human readable names for each zombie that's setup in localization.txt. to go the extra mile, you will want to make similar find/replace within localization.txt.

also breaks association between other add-on mods that looks for the unaltered zombie names. you will need to make the same alterations to those add on mods as well. this includes mods like:

- enZombieHarvest addon

- enZombieSettings addon

Is it possible for your server manager to track down zombies using other XML tags? if so, there may be an easier way.

Thx for the information. I'll try to rename it.  Notepad++ should get it done with extended rename Funktion.

16 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

Add-Ons Update:

Finished a patch mod for KHA20-TFP Behemoth mod by KhaineGB!

A20-6-2022-09-04-15-27-54.jpg

Download these patch mod from my GitHub page here. Or, from the main enZombies page - in the Patches section

Install instructions:

1. Download the main enZombiesPatches package which will include all the patch mods I've created so far.

awesome job. with all the bone protrusions i cant wait to see how much bone i get for glue

Is it safe to add this mod and potentially some of the add-ons to a existing undead legacy world? I saw there was a patch or something for it but it got removed.. I'd love to use this in my world since it's getting a little easy now with regular zombies :/

spacer.png
I have this errors i dont know how to solve it , i was searching and googling it but cant find fix :C . Npcs dont make dmg and i cant also damage zombies . some of them even dont attack me lol .  also at start is error called "multiple physicsbody.xml" and cannot load . 

Edited by laakitv
fixed screenshot quality (see edit history)

Sometimes I get a red console error  "... not set to instance of an object"  and an invisible zombie spawns. anyone else ever get that. the only way to target it is with a junk turret or burn the whole room down. Doesn't show what it is but it hits you and does damage. If anyone has any clue what zombie it is so I can exclude it would be greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, laakitv said:

I have this errors i dont know how to solve it , i was searching and googling it but cant find fix :C . Npcs dont make dmg and i cant also damage zombies . some of them even dont attack me lol .  also at start is error called "multiple physicsbody.xml" and cannot load . 

hi @laakitv - all of the patch mods i'm creating requires that the base mods below are installed and the folders need to be in specific named order. so be sure you have the following mods installed - and must be in this order:

• 0-SCore
  • 0-XNPCCore
  • enZombies
  • 1- (...name of whatever NPC expansion pack)
  • enZombiesNPCMod-1 (...name of patch mod that matches above NPC mod)

If you still get the error, if you can send me the full list of all the mods you have installed in your "Mods" folder, that would help me see what's up.

4 hours ago, DuhWolf said:

Sometimes I get a red console error  "... not set to instance of an object"  and an invisible zombie spawns. anyone else ever get that. the only way to target it is with a junk turret or burn the whole room down. Doesn't show what it is but it hits you and does damage. If anyone has any clue what zombie it is so I can exclude it would be greatly appreciated.

hi @DuhWolf - thanks for letting me know.

1) if this is happening during a trader POI quest, then it's likely due to the invisible zombie bug that i'm aware about. it seems to be a glitch with the UMA system that the zombies are using. spike, traps, grenades and explosives will be able to kill the invis zombies. so you would need to jump onto a higher place and toss those down.

2) if this is happening randomly outside and you are using the NPCMod and the NPCMod patches, it could be a missing NPC expansion pack or mod folders that are out of order.  if still having trouble, let me know.

17 hours ago, fnfear said:

Is it safe to add this mod and potentially some of the add-ons to a existing undead legacy world? I saw there was a patch or something for it but it got removed.. I'd love to use this in my world since it's getting a little easy now with regular zombies 😕

hi @fnfear - i'm unsure if NPCMod is compatible with Undead Legacy, you might need to ask the creator of UL.

1) If NPCMod is not compat with UL, then none of my NPCMod patches will help, and might cause more errors. Xyth or others who are close to the NPCMod community will need to come up with a fix or patch mod between NPCMod and UL.

2) If NPCMod is compat, then you can try my NPCMod patches and it might work, but might not, because UL has highly customized zombie spawning behavior. And, enZombies has highly customized spawning behavior too and there may be some conflicts.

i found that the mod author for UL is very strict on what touches UL, and we have different communication styles. so it's not worth my time at this point.

Add-Ons Update:

Two more patch mods completed for NPCMod expansions. Of course, the original expansion are by Darkstardragon, and they continue with the medieval theme:

NPCMod GoblinzPack Pack

A20-6-2022-09-06-20-40-33.jpg

NPCMod Knightz N Peasantz (Alpha)  Pack

A20-6-2022-09-06-17-28-47.jpg

A20-6-2022-09-06-17-33-40.jpg

Install instructions:

Add-Ons Update:

Two more patch mods completed for NPCMod expansion packs. These are the final two by Darkstardragon, which are medieval themed beasts, zombie and skeleton fighters:

NPCMod Fantastic Beastz Pack

A20-6-2022-09-07-08-18-53.jpg

NPCMod YeOlde Undead Pack

A20-6-2022-09-07-09-53-03.jpg

Install instructions:

Add-Ons Update:

Two more patch mods completed for NPCMod expansion packs: RaiderGurlzPack Friendly by Mr.Devolver, and SpiderPack-ColonyExpansion by Arramus:

NPCMod RaiderGurlzPack Friendly

A20-6-2022-09-08-11-24-11.jpg

NPCMod SpiderPack-ColonyExpansion

2-NPCXSpiderPack-ColonyExpansion.png

Install instructions: