enZombies - More Zombie Variations

ErrorNull

On 11/5/2022 at 1:37 AM, Ganeshakw said:

Bro, what happens to the performance with so many Zs added ?

good question. i've created 31 farmer zombies, but it doesn't mean that all 31 will be spawning all at once. the pool of total zombie varieties are getting much larger, but the actual number of zombies that the game spawns in-game does not increase. for example for these farmer zombies, the individual farm and barn POI's control how many farmer zombies actually spawn.... and i have not changed or increased that value.

i think that there's probably an increase in pc ram memory needed to preload the increasing variety of zombies as the game initially loads up, but i don't believe it will impact the game performance during play. there are currently over 200 unique zombie varieties in enZombies mod (if you count the feral and radiated ones it would be close to 600), and the archetypes.xml file that is responsible for defining them is only around 1.5MB in size to load in to ram memory.

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

On 11/2/2022 at 10:22 PM, ErrorNull said:

sounds like fun. 😀 one suggestion is to create one mod that loads last on the stack, and then aggregate all your tweaks into that mod.... instead of making the changes directly within each individual mod. that way it's so much easier to keep track, and when a particular mod releases a new version, you don't have to try and redo whatever changes that you did directly in that updated mod. your special last-loading mod will likely keep working without much changes.

Yeah I considered that, but my friends get bored easily so I don't anticipate having to do much updating. I also wanted to be able to get rid of all the warnings to make sure they were addressed since I believe adding a patch still allows the original mod to throw warnings. I still have copies of the original versions of the mods so I can compare and aggregate my changes into a mod later if we play longer than I planned.

That's a lot of farmers. Farms are gonna be more interesting now and more useful too if they have farming related loot. It always takes a while to get the stuff for crop plots in our games.

On 11/11/2022 at 9:15 AM, Yeark said:

The zombies don't get shocked when walking into electric, will there be any solution for this?

Hi @Yeark sorry that has been a known issue. i will be revisiting that and see if there's a different workaround.. maybe a special tile that will shock only uma type zombies...

4 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

Hi @Yeark sorry that has been a known issue. i will be revisiting that and see if there's a different workaround.. maybe a special tile that will shock only uma type zombies...

Thank you, hopefully there will be a solution soon, the mod is amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!
Thank you for such a fun zombie mod!
by game stage
Zombie strength changes
From "Strong Only Certain Zombie MOD"
It's so much fun♪

I just have one request for future improvement.
It's a "Naked Female Zombie".
There is a distributor in the server
"Naked women will be banned from streaming"
It's a lamentation.

I tracked down every naked female zombie,
I managed to get dressed.

If you replace the MOD in the future,
do the same again
you can have fun.

code to dress
if you commented out
It makes work easier.

I'm sorry for being selfish
I would appreciate it if you could consider it.

------
for translation,
Text may be weird.

14 hours ago, Un4given291 said:

Having trouble with the Harvesting add-on.  Lets me harvest vanilla zombies but not the Enzombies. 

hi @Un4given291 - usually that's because the zombieHarvest mod is loading before the main enZombies mod. be sure your mod folder has the enZombies listed first, before enZombiesHarvest. if you have the word "-main" at the end of the mod folders, trying removing that as that usually causes the problem.

mods-folder.png

hi @a_jp i am glad you like my zombies. i understand how some servers do not allow naked women. that is why i created a mod that will automatically cover up all naked female zombies. this mod is called "No Nudes" . you can download it below:

https://github.com/ErrorNull0/enZombiesSettings/tree/main/enZombiesSettings01NoNudes

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

I'm late to thank you.
excuse me.

Correction MOD, I overlooked it.

Next time I will include it.

-
The sentences may be strange due to translation.

On 2022/12/5 at 午後11時25分, ErrorNull said:

こんにちは@a_jpあなたが私のゾンビを気に入ってくれてうれしいです。一部のサーバーが裸の女性を許可していないことを理解しています. そのため、すべての裸の女性ゾンビを自動的に隠す mod を作成しました。この mod は「No Nudes」と呼ばれます。以下からダウンロードできます。

https://github.com/ErrorNull0/enZombiesSettings/tree/main/enZombiesSettings01NoNudes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/16/2022 at 8:37 AM, ErrorNull said:

yea it's a shortcoming of the UMA system unfortunately. below are other bugs with UMA type zombies that i listed on my main mod page in case you weren't aware:

• UMA zombies fly amazing distances when struck with a powerful attack. Their physics seem to be more 'floaty' compared to the vanilla zombies. This also results in the occasional zombie getting stuck into nearby walls and bars when explosions and powerful attacks send them rag-dolling overhead. To some this is a bug, to others this is a feature.
  • UMA zombies do not collide with player vehicles whether driven or parked. So the zombies will simply walk right through them. This behavior does not occur with the abandoned POI vehicles that litter the landscape. UMA zombies interact with them like normal. When zombie vehicle collision was added to the vanilla zombies, the devs did not add that feature to the UMA system.
  • UMA zombies don't get shocked when walking into electric fence traps.. not really, at least. It seems that if they are knocked down while on the fence, they will occasionally get shocked! Stun batons behave normally and shock the zombies just fine.
  • UMA zombies do not show the crawling animations when they crawl through the 1 bock spaces. The ability for zombies to crawl through 1 block spaces is fairly recent, but the devs did not implement that update for the UMA system.
  • UMA zombies appear to cause a 'micro-freeze' or stutter in the game each time a set number of them are spawned. This was not the case (or it was very insignificant) in Alpha 19. The number of zombies that trigger this stutter seem to range from 5 to 8. Thus, while exploring POIs and encountering sleeper zombies, or fighting through horde night, there will be a short stutter when every 5th to 8th UMA zombie is spawned in. The severity of the micro-freeze might depend on your system specs, but it's not completely certain at this point.
  • There is a NullReferenceException error that can occur when sleepers are spawning inside POIs. Majority of the incidents are occurring during trader Clear or Fetch quest, and can sometimes even result in a sleeper zombie being spawned invisible - which can be a vanilla or UMA zombie. They can still be killed with traps, grenades, and turrets, and with the right mods installed you can sense their location when crouching. So far, these NRE errors seems to be intermittent and not tied to a specific POI or zombie type. If you encounter this NRE error please take a screenshot, or send me the log, with the POI name and if the error was repeatable later at the same POI. This will help with investigating further.

the biome bosses and final boss is not complete yet, which is why they do not spawn in the game. you're welcome to experiment with them in dm mode, but their attack strength, attack effects, HP, Experience, body loot, body harvest items, buff effects and special weapon buffs are not implemented yet. these will change once they are ready.

Why these almost general zombies must be extended from UMAzombie?
To be clear, it is a setting value that is almost a bug.

56 minutes ago, usabox_san said:

Why these almost general zombies must be extended from UMAzombie?
To be clear, it is a setting value that is almost a bug.

Okay, I found the reason.
To use archetype, the entity must be an UMA.
It means this MOD's concept is not suitable general game-play.
I'm really sorry.
Hopefully an update to the program will fix this problem.

On 1/27/2023 at 5:33 PM, usabox_san said:

Okay, I found the reason.
To use archetype, the entity must be an UMA.
It means this MOD's concept is not suitable general game-play.
I'm really sorry.
Hopefully an update to the program will fix this problem.

unfortunately, the UMA system will not be fixed as it will be replaced with a different system in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I've dug through this topic and the github page and used CTRL+F a lot but I can't find a definitive answer whether this is compatible with Undead Legacy, does anyone know if it is? And if so, do we just drop it into the mods folder as normal alongside the UD files and let er rip?

--edit--

I experimented with Guppy's Mod and ENZombies + EN's patch for Guppy's Mod, and it all seems to co-exist fine with Undead Legacy on both a new game and an existing save.

For anyone here from google, drop Guppy's Zombies mod, ENZombies Mod, and the ENZombies Guppy's mod patch into your mod folder where all the Undead Legacy mod folders are also found. I'll update this post if I run into issues but so far no problems

Edited by geengaween (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 6:45 AM, tomliu2680 said:

Hi, I play this mod,

but have some problem.

The zombie get attack and fly away like a balloon.

It's really funny,

but i want it to be normal.

is there any to do this?

unfortunately the floaty behavior of the zombies is because of the underlying UMA system that the characters and zombie models are based on. the devs would have to help fix this, but another unfortunately is the devs already stated that the UMA system is no longer supported and will be removed in future updates.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...