Quest fail boundary

hiemfire

Could we please have the fail boundary displayed visibly as some sort of outline around the poi a player's active quest is in. Even if it is just a hand's width red line on the ground. The miniscule, "Guess how far you've got." green-yellow-fail(red) checkmark next to the tracked quest doesn't really do more than intimidate the player back into the tiny green zone that the poi itself is in. Playing the "How long does the yellow zone go?" guessing game while kiting ferals, radiateds and dealing with wandering horde adds at allot of the pois really sucks.

2 hours ago, hiemfire said:

Could we please have the fail boundary displayed visibly as some sort of outline around the poi a player's active quest is in. Even if it is just a hand's width red line on the ground. The miniscule, "Guess how far you've got." green-yellow-fail(red) checkmark next to the tracked quest doesn't really do more than intimidate the player back into the tiny green zone that the poi itself is in. Playing the "How long does the yellow zone go?" guessing game while kiting ferals, radiateds and dealing with wandering horde adds at allot of the pois really sucks.

Seriously, it needs to be a thing.

People talk about how it breaks immersion because we aren't wearing VR goggles and the "magical" garden gnome clears terrain around the area.

I cannot agree with you more, they should either: 1. Allow you to go 30 blocks away, or 2. Set a boundary line as you've said.

Or 3. Let you go anywhere at any GD time regardless of whether it was started or not. And only fail the quest if you die. I don't get why it isn't already a thing. It's a core mechanic at this point.

5 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

You can mod it out, so the only way to fail is to die when doing the quest

2 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1438/?tab=files

Download that mod I made, I took the time to make it so you can't fail the quest by "leaving the area" no matter how far away you walk, tested with 1km but can go up to 99,999km.

You can still fail the quest by dying or by canceling it.

That's the thing. I don't want the boundary gone, I think I understand why it does exist and it is needed for multiplayer and single, I just want to know how much room I have to work with instead of this additional guessing game about when the auto fail mechanic will trigger.

5 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

That's the thing. I don't want the boundary gone, I think I understand why it does exist and it is needed for multiplayer and single, I just want to know how much room I have to work with instead of this additional guessing game about when the auto fail mechanic will trigger.

Unfortunately that's the way it is for now. The devs and some other community members already hate how you can see the radius for the treasure maps, this is potentially the way it'll stay

3 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

Unfortunately that's the way it is for now. The devs and some other community members already hate how you can see the radius for the treasure maps, this is potentially the way it'll stay

The fun part happens when You don't dig up to a treasure after a few swings, then treasure relocates itself magically if the process takes too long. Am I the only one who has such an impression?

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2021 at 11:22 PM, hiemfire said:

Or give us a plainly visible "OH @%$#" timer of about 5 seconds to get back in bounds... This "instant fail cause you panicked" stuff leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:24 PM, U46Raven said:

Or give us a plainly visible "OH @%$#" timer of about 5 seconds to get back in bounds... This "instant fail cause you panicked" stuff leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth.

I 2nd the 5-second rule.

On 6/4/2021 at 2:58 PM, TWORDY said:

The fun part happens when You don't dig up to a treasure after a few swings, then treasure relocates itself magically if the process takes too long.

That does not happen. Possibly a bug but have never seen it reported.