A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

<property name="GameWorld" value="guppy8kGaia"/>			
<property name="WorldGenSeed" value="guppy8kGaia"/>	

...and I make sure I have a world named guppy8kGaia in data/worlds

PRETTY sure the WorldgenSeed isn't necessary, but I didn't want to take any chances, and this worked.

I still havent been able to get it to work, Maybe its something to do with the actual server :(

I have the following Info in the Serverconfig.xml

<property name="GameWorld" value="NitroGenMap"/>

<property name="WorldGenSeed" value="NitroGenMap"/>

<property name="WorldGenSize" value="8192"/>

<property name="GameName" value="NitroGenMap"/>

<property name="UserDataFolder" value="Saves/NitroGenMap"/>

<property name="SaveGameFolder" value="Saves/NitroGenMap"/>

Ive tried the default which is value="Saves"/>

Still NO luck its just stops on the Cpanel...

Tallon, didn't you say that you generated a 16k world? Your WorldGenSize would need to represent that @ 16384- maybe it's just hanging up trying to generate a brand new map on startup.

Also, after looking closer, I noticed that I have UserDataFolder and SaveGameFolder both commented out to just use defaults. Maybe you're having issues with those lines - are those folders already present? It's also looking for an absolute path so that should be something like "C:/7DaysToDie/Saves/NitroGenMap".

Edited by n0L1f3 (see edit history)

So... It looks great and all, I mainly got this cause I got mad tired at the tiny worlds we get now in alpha 18. I created a 16k map, it completed in about an hour, and I moved the folder to Roaming/7DaysToDie/GeneratedWorlds/MyMapWentHere. I started up 7dtd, clicked on "New Game" and selected my generated map there, the game started loading but got stuck at initializing world and then crashed. What's going on? Im also using your generator to get rid of this... Like... pillars spawning all over the map which is new in A18 to me.

Edit: Nvm! I should've closed the other Nitrogen generating a 24k map for me first haha :p thanks!

Edited by Blindguard (see edit history)

So... It looks great and all, I mainly got this cause I got mad tired at the tiny worlds we get now in alpha 18. I created a 16k map, it completed in about an hour, and I moved the folder to Roaming/7DaysToDie/GeneratedWorlds/MyMapWentHere. I started up 7dtd, clicked on "New Game" and selected my generated map there, the game started loading but got stuck at initializing world and then crashed. What's going on? Im also using your generator to get rid of this... Like... pillars spawning all over the map which is new in A18 to me.

Edit: Nvm! I should've closed the other Nitrogen generating a 24k map for me first haha :p thanks!

Next to closing NitroGen (memory consumption) when starting up the world in game, also close the explorer window with the world-files.

In A18 I often have some kind of "access violation" that might be linked to the explorer window looking at the files, while the game does the final preparations at the first start. It might be linked to that.

Any sizes the game can intergrate.

If there are lots of very large POIs, the map can get very crowded, so dont overdo it.

I can run map map with some of those huge POIs (like the theme park) from CompoPack just fine.

I am more thinking of my hoteldestallion lol

its a whoppa. The Theme Park dwarves the hotel lol like a spec. it spawned tho in a17

Side note - I am adding in my prefabs to the prefabslist.txt wondering what are these for - at the end of the prefabs -

,2,-1,45,12,45,

I know 2 is face north etc, -1 is level with the ground presuming if it has a bunker etc. But I am unsure of the remaining ones. (45,12,45)

I am more thinking of my hoteldestallion lol

its a whoppa. The Theme Park dwarves the hotel lol like a spec. it spawned tho in a17

Side note - I am adding in my prefabs to the prefabslist.txt wondering what are these for - at the end of the prefabs -

,2,-1,45,12,45,

I know 2 is face north etc, -1 is level with the ground presuming if it has a bunker etc. But I am unsure of the remaining ones. (45,12,45)

prefab_filename, 7DtD zone (ignored), face north, y-offset, x,y,z, NitroGen zone (; as delimiter)

So its the dimensions, wide, high, deep.

You can see those in the ingame editor.

The dimensions are important for NitroGen to know where the bounds of the POIs are, so they dont overlap, and are placed at the correct altitude.

prefab_filename, 7DtD zone (ignored), face north, y-offset, x,y,z, NitroGen zone (; as delimiter)

So its the dimensions, wide, high, deep.

You can see those in the ingame editor.

The dimensions are important for NitroGen to know where the bounds of the POIs are, so they dont overlap, and are placed at the correct altitude.

Thought so thank you

Argh ok I just put in random values lol . Came up with errors I put 7dtd zone. face north. Y-offset. And xyz but not the nitrogen zone.

What's (;as delimeter)

Example:

apartment_brick_6_flr,RESIDENTIALNEW;DOWNTOWN,2,-7,55,61,57,citycenter;downtown

means this POI can spawn in either the citycenter or downtown

it just uses ; to seperate the entries instead of a comma

The prefablist is a very simple data serialization I wrote, just enough for that specific job

XML is always so much typing ...

Example:

apartment_brick_6_flr,RESIDENTIALNEW;DOWNTOWN,2,-7,55,61,57,citycenter;downtown

means this POI can spawn in either the citycenter or downtown

it just uses ; to seperate the entries instead of a comma

The prefablist is a very simple data serialization I wrote, just enough for that specific job

XML is always so much typing ...

That xmls are lol and thank you for the help much clearer now for sure

You mean from the CompoPack list?

The list is not really well tested, unlike the vanilla POI list. So there might be some error.

What error do you see?

Yes the one with the compo pack. oh it stopped loading and had errorxcostum_icehouse or something(magoli) only error tho removed it and its loading great