A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

So - my Nitrado server works fine with Navezgane on A19.

Created an A19 Map using vanilla POI's after doing a clean install of Nitrogen v500 for A19.

Server starts but the log files stop after this:

2020-06-30T06:32:34 251.700 WRN No hashes for world

2020-06-30T06:32:34 251.701 INF Processing world files

IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\SERVICES\ni1637760_4_SHARE\ftproot\sevendaysexperimental\Data\Worlds\A19\dtm_processed.raw

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x0019e] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)

at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0

at IOUtils+<CalcCrcCoroutine>d__4.MoveNext () [0x0002b] in <6a46c2edc6fd4694a52b62dce92a910d>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <5e1dfb686eb345078a588df96401afcc>:0

(Filename: <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f> Line: 0)

Any ideas?

Huge thanks

Adr :)

Update - tried another Nitrogen map - same issue.

Update 2 - Nitrogen Map works in Single player.....

Edited by Adr
Update (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Adr said:

So - my Nitrado server works fine with Navezgane on A19.

Created an A19 Map using vanilla POI's after doing a clean install of Nitrogen v500 for A19.

Server starts but the log files stop after this:

Any ideas?

Huge thanks

Update - tried another Nitrogen map - same issue.

I had this issue in the early A18 versions also some times. Its some deeper problem with file loading in Unity and possibly some other process having access to it.

It popped up sometimes randomly.

Try closing the folders that you used to move the world files / look at them, and also close NitroGen, in case Java somehow holds a reference to the file.

Also use a new unique world name.

Or just restart you system, which would kill any open file-references.

Other than that, it could simply be a bug in the game with its multi-threading.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

Thanks for the response :)

Map works on Single Player...

File zilla was closed before starting Nitrado server. Nitrado is a hosting company fyi - so the server is not running on my PC.

Nitrogen map is an 8k one - does that make any difference when copying main.ttw over?

No idea what main.ttw does etc....

Huge thanks for the help mate :)

4 minutes ago, Damocles said:

Other than that, you could try generating a new 4k map with the included RWG, and copy over the main.ttw to your gameworld, in case there are any conflicts with that file.

Also delete all the _processed files, that get generated at server-startup.

Where would I find those _processed files mate? 

Edited by Adr (see edit history)

Yip working on A19, if you prefer more traders than normal you'll have plenty and they do indeed spawn in towns as per vanilla A19. Now I just need to play around with settings to get good variety.

Though I wouldn't use the experimental highway option otherwise it cuts right through hills/mountains but a neat idea nonetheless 👍

spacer.png

@Adr

Locally the RWG worlds are saved in 

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\

The size does not matter from past experience, you can make an 8k map to be sure if you want.

It mainly contains the game version number and a unique ID.

the processed files are:

dtm_processed.raw

splat3_processed.tga

splat4_processed.tga

checksums.txt

they are written to the folder with the world-files (that NitroGen generates)

you can delete them, they get recomputed when the world loads.

@SMiThaYe

The highway was a test to use prefabs to build connected structures.

There are unfortunately not enough highway elements in the vanilla files to make proper ramps and slopes,

so the highway is straight and flat.

It can be repaired by the player and used as a quicker road to get around the map.

BTW: really big highways would also cut out a hill in real scenarios. (depending on the public budget and speedlimit that is)

---------------

Updated NitroGen to version 0.501

It mainly changes the how much POIs are on a regular street-grid.

Cities and towns should look a bit orderly now.

I cant really pinpoint your problem.

All I could suggest is to use a freshly made RWG map (new seed) and separate NitroGen map (new name), and then see if they behave differently, to narrow down if its related to the NitroGen world files or something else.

Is anyone else constantly getting an IOException regarding file sharing when trying to start games on generated maps?  I made sure everything related to the file was closed out, as I know it doesn't like it.  The IOException freezes it and it never finishes the "initializing world" stage.

It's the dtm_processed.raw file that gets stuck

Edited by jdzane (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, jdzane said:

Is anyone else constantly getting an IOException regarding file sharing when trying to start games on generated maps?  I made sure everything related to the file was closed out, as I know it doesn't like it.  The IOException freezes it and it never finishes the "initializing world" stage.

This is exactly what we are talking about.....

You could also make a copy of dtm.rar

and rename it to dtm_processed.raw

this might skip the server trying to process the dtm file (they are binary equal in all cases I have seen)

Or copy over a processed world that was started on your client.

1 hour ago, Damocles said:

I cant really pinpoint your problem.

All I could suggest is to use a freshly made RWG map (new seed) and separate NitroGen map (new name), and then see if they behave differently, to narrow down if its related to the NitroGen world files or something else.

Ok, created a RWG world and the server started up fine (took forever of course - Nitrogen is SO much better).

Seems like they run fine but Nitrogen throws up the error when it gets to the raw_proccessed.dtm bit - which is just before it finishes and makes the server public....

1 minute ago, Damocles said:

You could also make a copy of dtm.rar

and rename it to dtm_processed.raw

this might skip the server trying to process the dtm file (they are binary equal in all cases I have seen)

Or copy over a processed world that was started on your client.

Will try that now

Just thought I'd quote this here also. This will fix the current issues with CompoPack43 not working with A19 and NitroGen until the problematic POIs have been updated.

1 minute ago, CrainBramp said:

Taking Damocles suggestion, I've run the generator in OCD, gotten a list of the problematic POIs, commented those out of the prefab list, and tested it in both OCD and normal mode. Works perfectly.

Here is a link to a working, tested prefablist.txt.  Simply replace this file in the resources directory of Nitrogen (make a backup of your original):

https://pastebin.com/hf7mhe2D

Should also be attached directly.

Near the top of the file is a section where I've listed all the POIs not loading if you're interested.

prefablist.txt 60.05 kB · 0 downloads

19 minutes ago, CrainBramp said:

Just thought I'd quote this here also. This will fix the current issues with CompoPack43 not working with A19 and NitroGen until the problematic POIs have been updated.

Good work, added this to the post on top for people to try.

49 minutes ago, jdzane said:

My best suggestion is to try "processing" the files on you local machine by starting a savegame with this world (the processed files and checksums are generated) and then upload the whole folder to the server.

This should skip the processing step on the server, and load the world directly.

The worlds work locally on the client, and only needs to be processed once, unless the TFP added some obscure logic here.

34 minutes ago, Damocles said:

Hm interesting. Does anyone else have that issue on a dedicated server?

Another try is to "process" the world on the client (startin a game) and tehn copy over all the contents, this should skip that processing step.

I believe it WORKED!

I started the game Single Player - then copied the world folder to the server - booted up no problem it would appear.

HUGE thanks Damocles - For a free tool your willingness to help out - and quickly at that - is awesome brother. 

Thank you so much!

9 minutes ago, Adr said:

I believe it WORKED!

I started the game Single Player - then copied the world folder to the server - booted up no problem it would appear.

HUGE thanks Damocles - For a free tool your willingness to help out - and quickly at that - is awesome brother. 

Thank you so much!

Good, I think this is a bug on the games side, as the code should be the same locally and on the dedicated server,

but its easy to mess up with threaded computing, so the server might just get something out of sync and access those DTM files via two file accesses at the same time.

@jdzane  also try out this workaround

So I started looking into Nitrogen to help generate an Alpha 19 Experimental 16k map, but immediately hit a roadblock. I start the .exe file and it gives me the pop up saying I need Java Runtime Environment 1.8 (64-Bit).

I checked the version of Java in Config Java -> About and it says Version 8 Update 251 (build 1.8.0_251-b08)

I check cmd -> Java Version and it says:

java version "1.8.0_251"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_251-b08)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.251-b08, mixed mode, sharing)

I check Microsoft Edge to see if it's a running as 64-bit instead of 32-bit, and it is.

I restarted my computer, and it still keep telling me I need the 1.8 (64-Bit) to open Nitrogen. What do I do?

6 minutes ago, Adr said:

Edge version being 64 bit is nothing to do with the java version. Goto the Java page and download the right version.....

Please read the entirety of what I posted

"I checked the version of Java in Config Java -> About and it says Version 8 Update 251 (build 1.8.0_251-b08)

I check cmd -> Java Version and it says:

java version "1.8.0_251"
Java (TM) SE Runtime Environment (Build 1.8.0_251-b08)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.251-b08, mixed mode, sharing)"

This is after I already downloaded and installed the right version.

Edited by Divinion (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Adr said:

I did, The versions don't state whether they are 32 or 64 bit. Only edge is 64bit.

If I misread - my apologies - Just trying to be helpful....

I brought up the version of edge because it's on the Java site to check the "Internet Explorer" version to know which version of Java to download and to ensure that it's 64-bit version. That's why I found it relevant to bring up as steps I taken to try to figure it out myself.

The main point is, I know for a fact I have the current version, but Nitrogen is still saying I dont have it and I dont know why.

Edited by Divinion (see edit history)