Add Sneaking Blood Moon playstyle?

IDNeon

It would be amazing if there was a way to do blood moon but with an agility/sneak build.

The idea would be that the horde still homes in on you, but that they can't track you the last few meters/10meters or so.

The AI would be specially coded though so that if there's no direct path to the player, the AI knows this and demolishes a path to you.

So while the sneak would obviously work, hiding in a bunker sneaking will still get your bunker attacked until there is an open path to you, then the AI would follow the open path and begin "searching" for where you are.

I'd like this to be viable so that there are more creative base options. Right now I feel like there's a large variety of creative bases but they are all designed to maximize kills and loop zombie runs.

The sneak option would allow me to build a maze, designed to fan-out the zombies into many corridors as they search for me, so I can go around making sneak-kills.

I feel like the fact that zombies run at night would make this style horde base not very useful.

Even so, I think it would only be effective for the first few horde nights. Once you start getting hundreds of zombies, it would take you forever to kill all of them in a stealth/agility way. Naturally just a slower style of gameplay.

35 minutes ago, Maharin said:

An entire horde of sneaking zombies would be kind of fun... to watch from a distance.

You could be like Jane Goodall watching gorillas.  Never interfere, only observe.

“See right there? “(Points with gun to a radiated wight) “That’s the Alpha zed of this group. He appears to be looking for food. I’ve decided to name him Charles because he is in charge of our days and our nights. “

To make them stealth build friendly I think that we would need to rework the stealth entirely.

In Fallout 4 for example you can be a beast with stealth, but there you have VATS, which makes possible things like ninja-like chains of melee attacks. Or in Deus EX MD you have the thing of crushing walls and killing the dudes behind them.

In 7dtd you can... what? Shoot them with the sniper rifle from a high position like a million times? Because later hordes, you get like a million zombies. That's why machine guns are so handy.

By the way, then new planned awareness setting will affect only regular zombies, right? Blood moon ones will be unnafected I guess.

On 11/6/2020 at 5:28 AM, Rince said:

In 7dtd you can... what? Shoot them with the sniper rifle from a high position like a million times? Because later hordes, you get like a million zombies. That's why machine guns are so handy.

I would suggest that the technology skill set get updated alongside the stealth skillset. As of right now, the tree that involves stun batons, turrets, and etc. etc. is actually quite barebones. It's even the smallest tree out of all of them. And while currently it's more along the lines of what you just said, I think combining stealth into the tech tree would go a long, long way in making stealth much more fun, and creative for the game overall.

Like, maybe remote controlling turrets, or RC cars with dynamite strapped to them. Just a thought...

Archived