(A20) Snufkin Weapons Xpansion

arramus

If you've had the mod installed for a few days with the Loot Box Add On the chances are you have amassed a collection of tickets to spend at a Loot Box Machine.

It's easy enough to figure it out, but here is the process anyways.

Craft and install your own Loot Box Machine.

20201107020113_1.thumb.jpg.607fa060c296c8321067be1034d7ca55.jpg

Step up to the machine and interact with it just like a normal vending machine. In this image, I had 4 tickets of each color and this allows me to select any of the loot boxes. I selected a yellow loot box because I want to try one from this range. There are also 2 more weapons on the 'next page' and if you push the arrows it will toggle to show you the additional weapons. I pushed the cart symbol to initiate the purchase and in the bottom right you see the standard +1 symbol with my gain.

20201107020133_1.thumb.jpg.4a877a0f0b402bb30e252b79fdf04e15.jpg

The loot box is in my inventory and ready to be activated.

20201107020144_1.thumb.jpg.45cea7bbae863c388ee2d15d4ab01f1f.jpg

After accepting, a random choice from the yellow loot box range will appear in your inventory.

20201107020154_1.thumb.jpg.e279acd1400e0180374184a18932d63c.jpg

Upon inspection, it is the Savery.

20201107020217_1.thumb.jpg.3b253ee67f418820af18e2365c604f0c.jpg

Won't say no to that. Decent.

20201107020319_1.thumb.jpg.4011bbefe36eafb549ccdb3309dab97b.jpg

7D2D has some prolific modders out there and the quality is typically superb BUT as with all new mods, test in a safe environment where you can afford to corrupt your player data before risking it in your public server.

1 hour ago, leotopk said:

There is a "blaster_fire" sound red error. I don't know how to fix that and I really want to make it work. Please help me. 

Hi leotopk. Sad to hear you're getting this issue as there's a lot to like and a lot of fun to be had with this bundle.

I'll refer you to a post from a little earlier in the thread from magejosh who has helped with bringing things to everyone's attention.

He had a similar issue and tracked it down to another mod he's running. Even in Alpha, 7D2D is a veritable eclectic bundle of joy. However, unforgiving duplication issues are not very friendly and mods can conflict if they are both trying to fight for the same space slots in such a static environment. The day a dynamic fall back system comes into effect will be a good day. If you have any other mods running, I wonder if you can clear them out as a temporary measure just to see if you can get this one going.

18 minutes ago, cgriffith90 said:

I can't seem to get the lootbox machine to work, I just have a vending machine with the girl and four empty things

Any server errors? Post them if so. Probably a conflict with another mod. Not sure what "four empty things" means :)

On 11/9/2020 at 4:24 AM, cgriffith90 said:

I can't seem to get the lootbox machine to work, I just have a vending machine with the girl and four empty things

As Dre suggests, there is always the possibility of a mod conflict.

One further consideration is that the vending machine directly interacts with images stored externally by Snufkin on a file sharing website that allows users to connect to them from websites, forums, and software applications which integrate such functionality, such as 7D2D. Depending on Firewalls, image host stability (in this case imgur.com), and any other factor relating to being able to access the images, this is one additional possibility for seeing some but not all of the pictures.

Unfortunately, these are Snufkin’s images and stored privately which limits how much help we can offer if this turns out to be the issue.

If you share your server details here or by PM we can attempt to join you and see what clients are getting. 

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

1 hour ago, cgriffith90 said:

I apologize for late replies, I think it because I am trying to run it with war of the walkers mod.

Thank you for sharing. It is because other members can see your setup and understand the limitations or share advice. @Dre and @magejosh are well versed in changing IDs for lootboxes/containers and other assets to help make this mod become compatible in overhauls like War of the Walkers.

Here is an update to the Snufkins Weapons Xpansion - A19 Stable. It introduces a new weapon called the Dre X3.

Download: https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-Stable-Test2020Nov10

As always, please back up your World and Players as a precaution.

Dre X3

We have thoroughly tested this weapon and made essential modifications to ensure the best level of stability and fun.

20201110152117_1.thumb.jpg.dc9aa850994fff3e62f3d36376a752a2.jpg

This weapon is craftable and exhibits some interesting features. The X3 is designed for all player levels and grows with you as you unlock your skills and access to resources. Here is a breakdown:

- 3 types of ammo (Zeus, Arramus, and Dre X3 Clucker Round) that are unlocked but somewhat level dependent

- A chicken sound when the ammo is depleted and needs a refill

- 3 barrels giving the cosmetic for each type of ammunition

- Craftable using resources to fit the cosmetic look.

- Dre X3 Clucker Rounds can be found in nests.

The Zeus ammo and Arramus ammo are already added to the mod and serve the previous weapon additions. The Dre X3 Clucker Round is a new ecologically friendly type of ammo that utilises scrap resources. The Clucker Round is crafted to look like a chicken as this offers a truer flight path. While it looks like a chicken, it is certainly not a live chicken which is afforded a life of roaming free.

Here are some additional images to reflect the features and function.

The Dre X3 Clucker Round has a customised bird's nest icon.

20201110151439_1.thumb.jpg.89cd4ec1283f9d74a7024a60dfc3028d.jpg

Production of the Dre X3 requires 2x Blunderbuss, a switch, 2x Red tea, 10x Forged iron, and 3x Duct tape.

20201110151404_1.thumb.jpg.86fe0c031d7bca1f36ad6bcbb42c03ac.jpg

The Dre X3 Clucker Round (which reflects the author @Dre's public wishes) is highly ecologically friendly and uses Rotting flesh, Iron, Bone, Leather, and Gun powder to create a single round. Looting bird's nests will also supply a pretty abundant amount as well.

20201110151408_1.thumb.jpg.b05005306c3c6eb1ab7f49252617dc57.jpg

While highly destructive on direct impact for lower level entities, just like other exploding ammo, the higher level entities will recover. In these images the first entity was released from suffering instantly, while the Demolisher recovered, got mad, and took me out. This weapon will require a level of finesse.

20201110151925_1.thumb.jpg.a76924e8216944cb938f7de1eceb43ea.jpg

20201110151852_1.thumb.jpg.3c76922c60f073cfcc818ac5e088312d.jpg

* Disclaimer - No living chickens were hurt in the production of this weapon. In fact, as the first image reflects, chickens are our trusted friends.

On 11/10/2020 at 2:15 PM, cgriffith90 said:

I apologize for late replies, I think it because I am trying to run it with war of the walkers mod.

An esteemed modder shared an extra comment to this issue and you can ask the Walkers Mod team to help you made amendments that will allow you to run it in their environment.

If you are running a mod/overhaul that changes the controls.xml file it will change the lootboxaddon as well. The lootboxaddon controls.xml is found in the mod Config > XUi folder.

Based on minimal bug reports typically linked to file conflicts, here is an update which takes the Snufkin Weapons Xpansion Mod from Test to Stable build.

Download: https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-Stable-2020Nov12

All Xpansion weapons have received recipes which are as closely in context to their cosmetic and function. In time, the weapons may also be given progression and localisation. However, for now, these recipes allow for a Level 1 build just to get the player started and higher level weapons can be found in reinforced containers or exchanged for tickets in the Loot Box Add On.

There is also an additional weapon and this is certainly the highlight of this update.

oakraven X11

The oakraven X11 is a highly sophisticated armament in 'raven black' which uses zombie stopping .44 Magnum rounds for the primary weapon and a single shot propelled rocket grenade for the second. Here is where things get interesting though.

On the bottom left side of the screen you will see a skull and a kill count. Once your kill count registers 10, a random audio announcement will inform you that your X11 propelled rocket grenade is ready for use. This will be further emphasized because the end of your barrel will display a licking flame. At this time, you simply point at your target and right click. This will release your propelled rocket grenade and impact on or near the target. This grenade has splash damage and requires that you initiate this act with sufficient distance. It took a long time to test this weapon and it underwent multiple coding variants to ensure it worked as intended every time.

As with any weapon, any issues are typically inherent to the game timing/syncing/load/optimisation constraints and will be but a minor inconvenience.

Have fun with this weapon because it gives the stock .44 Magnum rounds real punch and will instill confidence.

And how about the production of that single shot propelled rocket grenade? The empty .44 Magnum shell casings are not discharged away from the weapon but collected in an internal chamber and recycled to form your X11 special reward. A truly highly sophisticated weapon by oakraven.

Here are a few images to demonstrate.

The oakraven X11 with an accompanying attire.

20201112115311_1.thumb.jpg.1db9418c98d5bb368f27a039f70c42fd.jpg

Single kills are being counted in the bottom left in preparation for the 10 kill.

20201112115534_1.thumb.jpg.54ddbda33932f4336636aafaa1e40000.jpg

The 10th kill has been achieved and the X11 propelled grenade has been modelled and is ready for release. The licking barrel flame and audio announcement will trigger.

20201112115555_1.thumb.jpg.b9ba00ac0276d4157749d6d73b566f7a.jpg

My shot was off target. Splash damage is sufficient to kill a low level zombie but will be a mere graze to the Demolisher. The kill counter has reset to 0.

20201112115604_1.thumb.jpg.e83590e18a4d27ffd7f0dfb9188d92b7.jpg

After collecting another 10 kills I am ready to activate the X11.

20201112115723_1.thumb.jpg.90544d1fcb8b65bc570f6bb711973210.jpg

A direct hit causes massive damage to the Demolisher but does not eliminate it. It also caused a lot of injury to my character as well as lasting incendiary damage to use both. Hence the need to balance distance, which in turn reduces accuracy. This gives the X11 shot balance.

20201112115725_1.thumb.jpg.b17770f71bb2e6626bac3ac0e95d7b41.jpg

Here we face 25 incoming soldiers.

20201112115807_1.thumb.jpg.6297b46e597ccee17cbaf959dd05e973.jpg

After picking off 10, we have access to the X11.

20201112115840_1.thumb.jpg.8f314d5dd0208880f1f49ce95b768f39.jpg

Kaboom!

20201112115842_1.thumb.jpg.2f6c264e1ea5b292ea307842aecd04eb.jpg

End of story.

20201112115849_1.thumb.jpg.fb570e7aa6c49b90983693a9d39e1a3e.jpg

The oakraven X11

20201112115910_1.thumb.jpg.3333c8c6c07f0296f80ae59fb33cdb33.jpg

6 hours ago, wlrguy said:

@dre would you have working files for darkness falls or tell me what ya changed? ty in advance

Hi wlrguy. For next time when tagging any user, select the name from the drop down menu so it looks like this @Dre instead of @Dre and the user will will be notified. Dre will see this one so no worries on this occasion.

7 hours ago, wlrguy said:

@dre would you have working files for darkness falls or tell me what ya changed? ty in advance

The lootbox/weapons ones seems to work without any changes. The vehicle one needed a few changes. Do you want the sever side vehicle files? 

26 minutes ago, PeNa1979 said:

But i still can not craft all wepaons 😕 like Newcomen doesnt show in craft menu for me on server...

That's correct PeNa. There is some progression and recipes for Snufkin weapons, but not all. He said he wanted to do it though.

I think the Loot Add On Machine was his alternative at first. This is on the to do list.

As for the Xpansion weapons, there are recipes for all but no progression so they will all craft at level 1.

However, the hardened loot box will give levels 1-6 of every weapon.

Things we need to do:

1. Make a recipe for all missing weapons.

2. Plan a progression tree for all the missing weapons for type and skill level.

This is where you can help if you like. If you would like to make crafting suggestions for all of the missing weapons like the Newcomen, we can test it together.

Each weapon usually has about 5 items. All of the ammo is already craftable I believe unless we missed something. If you look at the weapon and think about what it would need to make it, this will be sensible choices.

If you prefer not to do this, it's no problem as we will do it in time. We have not forgotten about this. It's just that making things stable came first.

I kinda like the idea of not being able to craft anything good for them and having to scavenge / loot for tickets to get the loot box (need 10 greens to get a yellow and yellows  and up seem to be rare). Makes it challenging. 

I have been messing around making my own legendary weapons as well through inspiration of your mod and one that I just haven't been able to figure out how to do is how to code a club to be normal melee in its normal attack but act as a first aid with the power attack. Is this possible?

1 hour ago, Dre said:

I kinda like the idea of not being able to craft anything good for them and having to scavenge / loot for tickets to get the loot box (need 10 greens to get a yellow and yellows  and up seem to be rare). Makes it challenging. 

Another way is : 

1 - make everything craftable...BUT :

2 - make crafting of premium items expansive, so you need to have enough stuff for it...OR

3 - be possible to buy it - but again - expensive...like the solar panels for 50k...so, the Railgun for 150 000 tokens :) 

13 minutes ago, IrishManJMo said:

I have been messing around making my own legendary weapons as well through inspiration of your mod and one that I just haven't been able to figure out how to do is how to code a club to be normal melee in its normal attack but act as a first aid with the power attack. Is this possible?

Like : 

you hit 3 times zombie LMB and the 1 time RMB to heal it again ? :D:D:D well, that could be good for gaining XP :D

15 minutes ago, PeNa1979 said:

Like : 

you hit 3 times zombie LMB and the 1 time RMB to heal it again ? :D:D:D well, that could be good for gaining XP :D

Haha in my version I removed the exp gain from healing for that very reason. I want this to only be used to heal allies not to be abused for exp lol.

4 hours ago, IrishManJMo said:

Oakraven said to try  changing:

<property class="Action1"> of the club too 

<property class="Action1"> of the medicalFirstAidKit item

If you can get it working can share here. 

Edited by Dre (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, Dre said:

Oakraven said to try  changing:

<property class="Action1"> of the club too 

<property class="Action1"> of the medicalFirstAidKit item

If you can get it working can share here. 

I did try that and what it would do when I would use Action1 is it would do the correct sound effect and would then bring up the little up arrow you see when repairing items with a nailgun and it would just stay on the screen until swapping weapons. I'm working on other weapons atm but when I make more attempts at that one later tonight I will be sure to snag some screenshots and code to upload for reference.

Edited by IrishManJMo (see edit history)

@PeNa1979 and the community in general.

Here is a run down on the current crafting/progressing/looting dynamics.

Lootable Items
All weapons are added to the loot container list for the hardened chest although there are probably some weapons considered 'rarer' which should potentially have lower probability. Clucker rounds can be found in bird's nests.

Progession Items

1. Railgun (Dead Eye Perk Unlock/Electrocutioner Crafting - Snufkin implementation)

2. CrossbowMag (Archery Perk Unlock/Crafting - Snufkin implementation)

3. Thor Hammer (Skull Crusher Perk Unlock/Electrocutioner Crafting - Snufkin implementation)

4. Polearm (Javelin Master Unlock/Crafting - Snufkin implementation)

No other weapons have progression capability.

Craftable Items - Snufkin

1. Polearm (with unlock)

2. Railgun (with unlock) and ammo (no unlock)

3. CrossbowMag (with unlock)

4. Thor Hammer (with unlock)

5. Sticky Grenade

6. Stun Grenade

7. All special ammo (I believe)

Craftable Items - oakraven

1. All weapons (to level 1) and ammo are craftable.

Loot Box Add On

It seems weapons can be 'won' from level 2-6 with <qualitytemplate level="1,999999">. I am not sure what this quality template refers to but I don't recall seeing a level 1 Loot Box Add On weapon. Weightings and probability are also assigned to ticket color and associated to weapon color.

Available weapons are:

Green Ticket - PP-19 Bizon, Quad Shotgun, Turret Auger

Yellow Ticket - Newcomen, Savery, Thor Hammer

Red Ticket - Crossbow Mag, HyperBlaster, Railgun, Vampire Gauntlets

Purple Ticket - Gamma Gun, Kronos XII, Vulcan, Crimson Hunter

This leaves the Sticky Grenade, Stun Grenade,  Balrog IX, and Polerarm as non Loot Add On items. As the Sticky Grenade, Stun Grenade, and Polearm are craftable, they are also supported in that way or lootboxes.

It seems that a weapon like the Railgun is supported by:

Crafting

Looting

Tickets

Whereas, the Balrog only has:

Looting

All in all, it's quite eclectic in there, hence giving items at least a level 1 possibility for Xpansion weapons to offset the gain in the Add On.

This is a Borderlands Add On system with traits of 7D2D crafting and progression.

I also appreciate that Darkness Falls has Progression issues as reported by Dre and also Recipe issues with the current set up reported by BabyGravy.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-Stable-Test2020Nov10/issues/1

A little chaotic in there at the moment with a few options to bring some order to the chaos.

As such, a little time will be needed to find a balance.