(A20) Snufkin Weapons Xpansion

arramus

On 12/22/2021 at 9:04 PM, arramus said:

A quick check on the Loot Box Add On shows it needed one small change for an insertAfter prompt:

<insertAfter xpath="/quests/quest[@id='quest_tier6complete']" > to tier5complete for quests.xml since it no longer exists.

The second issue relates to an XUi controls.xml warning.

Line 52: <rect depth="2" width="30" height="30" pos="0,0" visible="${visible|false}"> is not being accepted on this A20 update. I shall ask for input from modders who are accustomed to XUi for a potential alternative or rewrite.

2021-12-23T10:30:06 52.956 ERR [XUi] Control parameter 'visible' undefined (in: visible="${visible|false}") --- hierarchy:  -> windows -> window (RedeemInfoPanel) -> rect (contentCraftingInfo) -> rect (ingredients) -> grid -> lootbox_ingredient (1) -> rect (row) -> rect
FormatException: Value is not equivalent to either TrueString or FalseString.

There are other things to update after this, such as the loot.xml to match new A20 formatting and they'll be done in sequence as things are resolved.

If you're still needing help with the Xui I'll take a look tonight or tomorrow and get back with you, I love the lootbox add-on. 

1 hour ago, magejosh said:

If you're still needing help with the Xui I'll take a look tonight or tomorrow and get back with you, I love the lootbox add-on. 

Sure thing. Tinker with it all you like. After the XUi is resolved I expect it’ll just need some updated loot settings. 

11 hours ago, AndrewT said:

arramus with the marxman rifle having been removed cant the handheld railgun also have the dragunov sniper rifle model cause a railgun built with a russian rifle would look pretty cool.

It would indeed look very cool with that model and give it some real class and context. I have been careful not to touch Snufkin's original weapons as much as possible, at least to maintain the original attachment selection. I tinkered with the Savery and Bizon because some of the old models were removed but even then it was the last option. I'll send Snufkin a message, and if there is no response begin tinkering because there are a few other weapons which have dropped a model or two over time.

Hey, this is my first time using this mod and I haven't had a chance to make other weapons yet in it, but is it intentional that the Crossbow Mag is unable to shoot through bars? You can with all vanilla weapons, including the Compound Crossbow, but my bolts just stick into the air between the bars rather than passing through like normal.

2 hours ago, Bambam0141 said:

Hey, this is my first time using this mod and I haven't had a chance to make other weapons yet in it, but is it intentional that the Crossbow Mag is unable to shoot through bars? You can with all vanilla weapons, including the Compound Crossbow, but my bolts just stick into the air between the bars rather than passing through like normal.

Hello and welcome to the mod.

This is intentional. Let me recall the original creator's reasoning behind it.

The CrossBowMag is one of the deadliest weapons available. What is lacks in stealth capability it more than makes up for in full on combat.

The creator opted to remove the ability to shoot through bars based on feedback. Some players were spamming high explosive rounds within the confines of public bases in restricted areas and some Server Admin found it to be a little over powered and upset the balance. Such players were able to find a place by themselves on their own, and while they could still annoy players by taking the bulk of kills, it was a compromise.

I just tested the CrossBowMag with the ability to shoot through bars restored.

I could wipe out an army on Zombie Bears using steel bolts, almost quicker than the time it takes to reload the new pipe shotgun.

20211231005011_1.thumb.jpg.b0255b15ceef01d0da3c2ad3fc688429.jpg

This has always been a subjective point of contention and it will remain as it is for the above reason.

However, there is nothing stopping you from being able to make your own choice on this based on your own set up.
Here are instructions on how to add the ability to shoot through those bars.

1. Open your items.xml file with the mod.

2. Search for CrossBowMag.

3. Insert <property name="Hitmask_override" value="Arrow"/> below <property name="Class" value="Launcher" /> in that section for the CrossBowMag.

4. Load your game and test the result. It should appear to play as the above image; a handheld weapon of absolute destruction.

If it works out, great. And if not, you can always remove that line of code to restore it to match the creator's compromise.

For the next update, I shall add that line of code but have it commented out <!--property name="Hitmask_override" value="Arrow"/--> which will stop it being read but allow it to be reactivated again based on personal preferences.

21 hours ago, AndrewT said:

arramus with the marxman rifle having been removed cant the handheld railgun also have the dragunov sniper rifle model cause a railgun built with a russian rifle would look pretty cool.

Here is what the Railgun has now.

20211231012601_1.thumb.jpg.cc96f0bd3b8789f77fcc0af534ee49fa.jpg

And here is how it could look with the T3 model added in its place and with the barrels move to accommodate it.

20211231022435_1.thumb.jpg.41979ad5ca8f05df034a3ac49efe84b3.jpg

20211231022516_1.thumb.jpg.9f0580389c66877fa97609243dfeb628.jpg

2 hours ago, arramus said:

Hello and welcome to the mod.

This is intentional. Let me recall the original creator's reasoning behind it.

The CrossBowMag is one of the deadliest weapons available. What is lacks in stealth capability it more than makes up for in full on combat.

The creator opted to remove the ability to shoot through bars based on feedback. Some players were spamming high explosive rounds within the confines of public bases in restricted areas and some Server Admin found it to be a little over powered and upset the balance. Such players were able to find a place by themselves on their own, and while they could still annoy players by taking the bulk of kills, it was a compromise.

I just tested the CrossBowMag with the ability to shoot through bars restored.

I could wipe out an army on Zombie Bears using steel bolts, almost quicker than the time it takes to reload the new pipe shotgun.

20211231005011_1.thumb.jpg.b0255b15ceef01d0da3c2ad3fc688429.jpg

This has always been a subjective point of contention and it will remain as it is for the above reason.

However, there is nothing stopping you from being able to make your own choice on this based on your own set up.
Here are instructions on how to add the ability to shoot through those bars.

1. Open your items.xml file with the mod.

2. Search for CrossBowMag.

3. Insert <property name="Hitmask_override" value="Arrow"/> below <property name="Class" value="Launcher" /> in that section for the CrossBowMag.

4. Load your game and test the result. It should appear to play as the above image; a handheld weapon of absolute destruction.

If it works out, great. And if not, you can always remove that line of code to restore it to match the creator's compromise.

For the next update, I shall add that line of code but have it commented out <!--property name="Hitmask_override" value="Arrow"/--> which will stop it being read but allow it to be reactivated again based on personal preferences.

Thank you for the detailed and helpful response! I didn't even think about that possibility with the explosive bolts since I purely use archery weapons for stealth myself. I think I'll keep it as is then knowing it's intentional to prevent cheese behavior!

On 12/29/2021 at 12:48 PM, arramus said:

Sure thing. Tinker with it all you like. After the XUi is resolved I expect it’ll just need some updated loot settings. 

I'll keep working at it but as of yet, i'm having no luck. I can get the red error gone, but then i cannot get the window for the lootbox to open even though press e to open is still there. 

21 minutes ago, magejosh said:

I'll keep working at it but as of yet, i'm having no luck. I can get the red error gone, but then i cannot get the window for the lootbox to open even though press e to open is still there. 

Thank you magejosh. I got to the stage of using a less complex visible="${visible|false}" to  visible="false" just for testings but it seems the $ (selector value?) may be necessary.

5 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

the Dragunov railgun looks awesome and the front ironsite sticking out the top is perfect as it looks in place

I haven't heard back from Snufkin, but this is a necessary update more than just a cosmetic update and it has been integrated into the main link version.
I'll switch it over to stable now as beyond a few more cosmetic updates in the future, it has been functional without any warnings. The Railgun was added before the Dragunov appeared and it may well have originally been the weapon of choice.

• arramus changed the title to (A20) Snufkin Weapons Xpansion

The (A20) Snufkin Weapons Xpansion has been pushed to stable since feedback was positive.

A few small updates to loot locations and probability to match A20 formatting, as well as an audio update for an issue found by @TiLath for the PP-19 Bizon and a great suggestion from @AndrewT to update the Railgun to its most natural model type using the Dragunov, which was always its natural partner, were changes presented during the experimental push.

The download link remains the same as it allows dynamic updates.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A20-2021December17

@magejosh has kindly offered to look at the Loot Add On Box in more detail and as soon as it's release ready, it will be bundled into the weapons mod as an optional addition to servers. Thank you for the valuable suggestions and observations to keep the mod thriving.

20211231022435_1.thumb.jpg.527de8b7d16e9708682ca9f50bb5c977.jpg

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if there is a setting for Thors Hammer that can be adjusted to stop the food burn. After using it for a few minutes it starts to burn food at 1% every 8 sec until it hits zero and it then takes double food to get it back up. I was also wondering if there is something thaty causes a random ragdoll of player when equipped with thors hammer

Edited by NSHGaming (see edit history)

41 minutes ago, NSHGaming said:

I was wondering if there is a setting for Thors Hammer that can be adjusted to stop the food burn. After using it for a few minutes it starts to burn food at 1% every 8 sec until it hits zero and it then takes double food to get it back up.

There is a setting called StaminaLoss in items.xml which may also be linked to food burn. There is no other specific property that directly describes hunger/food usage that jumps out.

For Thor's Hammer:

For regular melee <passive_effect name="StaminaLoss" operation="base_set" value="35" tags="primary"/>

For power melee <passive_effect name="StaminaLoss" operation="base_add" value="75" tags="secondary"/>

The regular steel sledgehammer settings are:

<passive_effect name="StaminaLoss" operation="base_set" value="40.5" tags="primary"/>

<passive_effect name="StaminaLoss" operation="base_set" value="81" tags="secondary"/>

It might be worth testing if this setting has any impact beyond other food loss protective skills.

Hello,

I want to preface knowing that the Silencer attachment is turned off for the Hyper Blaster. I want to use it anyways. Figuring this out might help me fix the scopes as well which is the next thing I want to try to pursue.

I don't know if the team is working on this or not, but I am trying to fix some attachments on the Hyper Blaster. It appears that all the attachments are pretty off. If you all are working on this, then great! But my question is that I think I am pretty close to having some sort of fix, but I can't figure out why there are 2 silencers now.

This is the gun with 2 silencers on it now: https://prnt.sc/26gry5a --(one in the middle of the barrel and one at the end)

I added the silencer at the end through this code:

<item_property_overrides name="HyperBlaster">
            <property name="BarrelOffset" value="-.001,-.0197,.3197"/>
            <property name="BarrelScale" value="1,1,1"/>
        </item_property_overrides>
        <effect_group tiered="false">
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfHoldingItemCreated" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Barrels/sniperrifle_silencer.fbx" parent_transform="Attachments/Barrel">
                <requirement name="HoldingItemHasTags" tags="hBarrel"/>
            </triggered_effect>
        </effect_group>

Obviously, this is adding a silencer in the location relative to where it would be based on the AK47 which is what I got my settings from. But I don't know where the original silencer is coming from.

1 hour ago, Werei said:

Hello,

I want to preface knowing that the Silencer attachment is turned off for the Hyper Blaster. I want to use it anyways. Figuring this out might help me fix the scopes as well which is the next thing I want to try to pursue.

I don't know if the team is working on this or not, but I am trying to fix some attachments on the Hyper Blaster. It appears that all the attachments are pretty off. If you all are working on this, then great! But my question is that I think I am pretty close to having some sort of fix, but I can't figure out why there are 2 silencers now.

This is the gun with 2 silencers on it now: https://prnt.sc/26gry5a --(one in the middle of the barrel and one at the end)

I added the silencer at the end through this code:

<item_property_overrides name="HyperBlaster">
            <property name="BarrelOffset" value="-.001,-.0197,.3197"/>
            <property name="BarrelScale" value="1,1,1"/>
        </item_property_overrides>
        <effect_group tiered="false">
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfHoldingItemCreated" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Barrels/sniperrifle_silencer.fbx" parent_transform="Attachments/Barrel">
                <requirement name="HoldingItemHasTags" tags="hBarrel"/>
            </triggered_effect>
        </effect_group>

Obviously, this is adding a silencer in the location relative to where it would be based on the AK47 which is what I got my settings from. But I don't know where the original silencer is coming from.

The original silencer is potentially a decoration added to the Hyperblaster within the items.xml

There sure is a lot of action going on in there to decorate it and Snufkin did enjoy this part of building the weapons.

<effect_group name="Deco">
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="SetTransformActive" active="false" transform_path="GunMesh"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="SetTransformActive" active="false" transform_path="ClipMesh"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="SetTransformActive" active="true" transform_path="GunMesh"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="SetTransformActive" active="true" transform_path="ClipMesh"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Items/Misc/sack.fbx" parent_transform="Handle"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="SetTransformActive" active="false"  parent_transform="Handle" transform_path="sackMesh"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="SetTransformActive" active="false"  parent_transform="Handle" transform_path="sack_LOD1"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="SetTransformActive" active="false"  parent_transform="Handle" transform_path="sack_LOD2"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="SetTransformActive" active="true"  parent_transform="Handle" transform_path="sackMesh"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="SetTransformActive" active="true"  parent_transform="Handle" transform_path="sack_LOD1"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="SetTransformActive" active="true"  parent_transform="Handle" transform_path="sack_LOD2"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflexPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="main1" local_offset="0,.06,-.22" local_rotation="-110,0,180"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflexPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="main2" local_offset="0,.1425,-.1" local_rotation="-110,0,0"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflexPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="main3" local_offset=".045,.164,-.13" local_rotation="70,0,90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflexPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="main4" local_offset="-.045,.204,-.13" local_rotation="70,0,-90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflexPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="main5" local_offset="-.045,.2325,-.175" local_rotation="70,0,-90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflexPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="main6" local_offset=".045,.2725,-.175" local_rotation="70,0,90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main1" local_offset="-0.003,.05,-.04" local_rotation="0,0,90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main2" local_offset="0.003,.09,-.04" local_rotation="0,0,-90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main3" local_offset="-0.003,.13,.06" local_rotation="0,0,90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main4" local_offset="0.003,.17,.06" local_rotation="0,0,-90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main5" local_offset="-0.003,.21,.16" local_rotation="0,0,90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main6" local_offset="0.003,.25,.16" local_rotation="0,0,-90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main7" local_offset="-0.003,.29,.26" local_rotation="0,0,90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main8" local_offset="0.003,.33,.26" local_rotation="0,0,-90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AddPart" part="SideB" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Sides/pistol_flashlightPrefab.prefab" parentTransform="main1" localPos="0,.05,-.375" localRot="90,180,0"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AddPart" part="SideC" prefab="#Other/Items?Tools/flashlight02Prefab.prefab" parentTransform="main1" localPos="0,.0825,.01" localRot="0,0,0"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AddPart" part="SideC" prefab="#Other/Items?Tools/flashlight02Prefab.prefab" parentTransform="main2" localPos="0,.1225,.2" localRot="0,0,0"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AddPart" part="SideC" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/ak_mounting_bracketPrefab.prefab" parentTransform="main1" localPos="0,.015,.2" localRot="0,0,0"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/PistolPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="Handle" local_offset="0,-.03,-.15" local_rotation="0,0,0"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/TaserBaton/TaserBatonPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="Handle" local_offset="0,.005,-.2" local_rotation="90,0,0"/>
			</effect_group>

Systematically removing/commenting out these entries may bring the aesthetic result you are looking for.

Thank you for the reply!

You could very well be right, but nothing in there says Silencer. Though now that I think about it, the pistol add on could be the reason for another silencer being added on.

The silencer only appears when I attach a silencer, so that's my best guess for why that is. The scopes are also in a very weird place. They are a lot lower than they should be. I am going to test it out and see what happens.

14 hours ago, arramus said:

The original silencer is potentially a decoration added to the Hyperblaster within the items.xml

There sure is a lot of action going on in there to decorate it and Snufkin did enjoy this part of building the weapons.

<effect_group name="Deco">
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="SetTransformActive" active="false" transform_path="GunMesh"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="SetTransformActive" active="false" transform_path="ClipMesh"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="SetTransformActive" active="true" transform_path="GunMesh"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="SetTransformActive" active="true" transform_path="ClipMesh"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Items/Misc/sack.fbx" parent_transform="Handle"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="SetTransformActive" active="false"  parent_transform="Handle" transform_path="sackMesh"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="SetTransformActive" active="false"  parent_transform="Handle" transform_path="sack_LOD1"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="SetTransformActive" active="false"  parent_transform="Handle" transform_path="sack_LOD2"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="SetTransformActive" active="true"  parent_transform="Handle" transform_path="sackMesh"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="SetTransformActive" active="true"  parent_transform="Handle" transform_path="sack_LOD1"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="SetTransformActive" active="true"  parent_transform="Handle" transform_path="sack_LOD2"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflexPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="main1" local_offset="0,.06,-.22" local_rotation="-110,0,180"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflexPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="main2" local_offset="0,.1425,-.1" local_rotation="-110,0,0"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflexPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="main3" local_offset=".045,.164,-.13" local_rotation="70,0,90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflexPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="main4" local_offset="-.045,.204,-.13" local_rotation="70,0,-90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflexPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="main5" local_offset="-.045,.2325,-.175" local_rotation="70,0,-90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflexPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="main6" local_offset=".045,.2725,-.175" local_rotation="70,0,90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main1" local_offset="-0.003,.05,-.04" local_rotation="0,0,90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main2" local_offset="0.003,.09,-.04" local_rotation="0,0,-90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main3" local_offset="-0.003,.13,.06" local_rotation="0,0,90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main4" local_offset="0.003,.17,.06" local_rotation="0,0,-90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main5" local_offset="-0.003,.21,.16" local_rotation="0,0,90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main6" local_offset="0.003,.25,.16" local_rotation="0,0,-90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main7" local_offset="-0.003,.29,.26" local_rotation="0,0,90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/scope_laser_reflex.fbx" parent_transform="main8" local_offset="0.003,.33,.26" local_rotation="0,0,-90"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AddPart" part="SideB" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Sides/pistol_flashlightPrefab.prefab" parentTransform="main1" localPos="0,.05,-.375" localRot="90,180,0"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AddPart" part="SideC" prefab="#Other/Items?Tools/flashlight02Prefab.prefab" parentTransform="main1" localPos="0,.0825,.01" localRot="0,0,0"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AddPart" part="SideC" prefab="#Other/Items?Tools/flashlight02Prefab.prefab" parentTransform="main2" localPos="0,.1225,.2" localRot="0,0,0"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AddPart" part="SideC" prefab="#Other/Items?Mods/Scopes/ak_mounting_bracketPrefab.prefab" parentTransform="main1" localPos="0,.015,.2" localRot="0,0,0"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/PistolPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="Handle" local_offset="0,-.03,-.15" local_rotation="0,0,0"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="#Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/TaserBaton/TaserBatonPrefab.prefab" parent_transform="Handle" local_offset="0,.005,-.2" local_rotation="90,0,0"/>
			</effect_group>

Systematically removing/commenting out these entries may bring the aesthetic result you are looking for.

Thank you for all your work on this! I love these weapons!

For the silencer, removing the noSilencer tag from the Hyper Blaster tag will place it in the first location on your image.

This is a Snufkin weapon, and out of consideration for his original concept, it was left as close to its original state as possible and will remain this way unless he requests otherwise for where it is currently packaged. However, feel free to share your end result and methods as that was always something Snufkin promoted with his mods.

Just used the Brainsaw in Alpha 20 and I noticed that any time I hit any block other than an enemy I get a 20 second bleed on myself, essentially making it suicide to use, is this intended? If so I would highly highly recommend adding that to the tooltip of the weapon.

2 hours ago, neochiken said:

Just used the Brainsaw in Alpha 20 and I noticed that any time I hit any block other than an enemy I get a 20 second bleed on myself, essentially making it suicide to use, is this intended? If so I would highly highly recommend adding that to the tooltip of the weapon.

This is not intended. The settings are the same as for A19 except for the model update to match the new Chainsaw.

It took me 30 minutes to replicate the issue and that was only after using another weapon prior to the Brainsaw that has also been demonstrating some weird knockback and burn features when hitting an entity.

I began on Day 2: 11:44 in a 60 minute day cycle.

20220129182803_1.thumb.jpg.1843f476ce24b7d749c2c7354d3adbba.jpg

I cut all manner of blocks and entities without issue. 14:03 and was getting close to 10 minutes.

20220129183753_1.thumb.jpg.61aa8b479a1a15f8b846c58f8143def5.jpg

I then switched weapons to something I know has been troublesome. The incinerator from Wasteland Mod which I shall share about with the creator. My shot was direct and reflect the damage on me.

20220129184357_1.thumb.jpg.9859abc9e7c9012a606bca93da4faf4a.jpg

I let myself bleed/burn out for a respawn.

On respawn I started to cut a stop sign and received the bleed buff from the Brainsaw.

20220129184526_1.thumb.jpg.bdcbc93d95ed3b75b3d2ca9b8dfbbfb7.jpg

I then left and rejoined, which resolved the issue.

20220129184625_1.thumb.jpg.3cc6e6d857e76eabe5626f1be16a508e.jpg

Both of these weapons have a 'buff' where the Brainsaw causes bleedout and the Incinerator causes the burn. These buffs have been assigned to hurt the non player recipient but are hurting the player directly. It wouldn't surprise me if this issue was also seen in the machete and other weapons that have such buffs. It was a slight issue in A19 with the machete from time to time for sure.

This appears to be a Vanilla issue and I cannot report it for the Brainsaw or Incinerator because they are mods even though they are using the buffs as intended. It is only if we see this occur with molotovs, the regular chainsaw, and other tools/weapons that we can report it. I shall share this issue with the Wasteland creator as his experience is greater.

It is an issue that comes and goes and is very hard to predict. However, this would certainly not be built into the Brainsaw as standard because it would be annoying and make it rather useless.

3 hours ago, neochiken said:

I get a 20 second bleed on myself

A small update has been added to the download that removes the Perk Deep Cuts from the Brainsaw.
This is the perk that is causing the issue and the higher your Attribute/Skill related to this, the more it should happen.

There are two ways to update. Install the updated version in place of your current version. It is a simple removal of one tag in the items.xml for the Brainsaw and will not cause any issues on the server/World. The update name remains the same.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A20-2021December17

or, go to your items.xml and look for the Brainsaw. Remove the ,perkDeepCuts entry and save. Notice the little comma at the front has also been removed.

<property name="Tags" value="melee,weapon,heavy,tool,motorTool,attStrength,perkMiner69r,perkMotherLode,perkDeepCuts,brainsaw,canHaveCosmetic"/>

The Brainsaw really doesn't need this Perk Buff as the zombies are not around enough to bleed out anyway. At least cutting down trees and other highly functional actions will be a daily part of survival again with the constant loss of blood.